Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

semi-OT: a groupie looks back
Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 4, 2023 21:20

She famously "canoodled" with Mick Jagger.

Trailblazing 'groupie feminist' Pamela Des Barres at 75: 'I still get called a slut'

From the article:

Pamela tries to stay in touch with all of her former paramours, but says one, Mick Jagger, is “impossible to get to. He's like the @#$%& Pope. His daughter bought one of my photographs, a Baron Wolman photograph on my website, for her dad's office, and she said, ‘He talks so fondly of you, all the time.’ I'd love to be able to see him again — but him and others in his age group prefer people about 40 years younger than me. And that's just how it goes,” she shrugs.

Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-04 22:41 by drewmaster.

Re: semi-OT: a groupie looks back
Date: September 4, 2023 22:34

It looks just like a Telefunken U-47.

Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: September 5, 2023 21:22

...with leather???...

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 6, 2023 01:01

What an interesting read. That Des Barres is still called a slut is amazing to me. Her tales are of a certain time and place and space in our lives, summed up as sex and drugs and rock and roll. Times change, we change (many of us), what was once wild and cool seems like someone else's life so we distance ourselves from it (Hello, Mick, give Pam a ring). I can still recall the Plaster Casters from that era. Wonder where their "art work" is today. They were part of that place and time. A number of users and readers of this site were so.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1991
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home