Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 21
Re: Rolling Stones LIVE in conversation with Jimmy Fallon, September 6
Posted by: muenke ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:24

MonkeyMan2000
Ufff, I like the instrumental. Keith's solo is cool and authentic. But the chorus is really quite weird and I don't like the vocal production at all. Sounds like the 00's. The video? Is the woman just there for their average 60 plus fan? What's the story line and her reason to be there (artistically speaking, not marketing wise)?
Hmm, the Criss Cross video beats this one by fare in terms of funkyness and style.
Well, still looking forward to the album and especially the Charlie/Bill track!

Was very exciting to see and hear them today and I was thrown back to my earlier days of being a fan smiling smiley

My kids (19 and 15) both really like (and know smiling smiley) Sydney Sweeney (asked them just a few minutes ago). Appearing in the Stones video makes her even cooler, says me daughter. Mission accomplished.

Posted by: olympia2003 ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:26

Agree to the statement "The oldest teenagersin the world" here on these pages. Guess they will go on tour, they look so fresh and agile!!!thumbs up

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:27

Anyone notice the billboard with "Hackney Diamonds Tour" on it?

Posted by: Ellipooh ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:28

WHAT???

***Can't you hear me knocking?***

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:28

I love the new song. Very modern, but still the Stones

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:29

waterrats
CJFP
Left me with more questions than answers!

Yea, like: when do you plan to go on tour???

Yeah, I thought something would come up, at least something about planning a show or shows...

Posted by: Hairball ()

Not bad. Better than Don't Stop, but it's a bit reminiscent of Cyndy Lauper's Girls Just Want to Have Fun, or some other bouncy '80's pop hit...maybe something from Huey Lewis and the News.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()

muenke
MonkeyMan2000
Ufff, I like the instrumental. Keith's solo is cool and authentic. But the chorus is really quite weird and I don't like the vocal production at all. Sounds like the 00's. The video? Is the woman just there for their average 60 plus fan? What's the story line and her reason to be there (artistically speaking, not marketing wise)?
Hmm, the Criss Cross video beats this one by fare in terms of funkyness and style.

Was very exciting to see and hear them today and I was thrown back to my earlier days of being a fan smiling smiley

My kids (19 and 15) both really like (and know smiling smiley) Sydney Sweeney (asked them just a few minutes ago). Appearing in the Stones video makes her even cooler, says me daughter. Mission accomplished.

Yes, I understand that haha. That's why I wrote artistic reasons instead of marketing. Just seems very out of place, unreflected and out of date to just have a hot girl in the video for no particular reason...especially considering our idols' age...

Posted by: Ellipooh ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:30

roller99
Anyone notice the billboard with "Hackney Diamonds Tour" on it?
I missed that completely. Do you remember what point? I’ll watch more carefully next time

***Can't you hear me knocking?***

Date: September 6, 2023 17:30

Don't overthink it and listen it for five times.
It works very well as a single.
The different parts blend together when you know the song.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:32

MonkeyMan2000
muenke
MonkeyMan2000

Yes, I understand that haha. That's why I wrote artistic reasons instead of marketing. Just seems very out of place, unreflected and out of date to just have a hot girl in the video for no particular reason...especially considering our idols' age...

Fully agree. What a shame.

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:33

Love the single

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:33

Yeah stick with it ....
play 5 times before ya listen ....
Imagine the crowd if its played live in some joint ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:34

Rolling Stones Announce New Album of Original Music, First in 18 Years

Band also premiered the video for new song "Angry" from their upcoming album, Hackney Diamonds

by Kory Grow
September 6, 2023

Stuart C. Wilson/Getty Images

The Rolling Stones announced their new album, Hackney Diamonds, and premiered the video for its first single, “Angry,” at a press conference Wednesday in East London. Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, and Ronnie Wood sat down with Jimmy Fallon to talk about the making of their upcoming LP, their 24th, which is due out Oct. 20. It’s the band’s first full album of original music since 2005’s A Bigger Bang.

“We wouldn’t be putting this out now if we didn’t really like it,” Jagger said. “We didn’t want to make just any record and put it out. So we wanted to make a record. Before we went in, we said we all want to make a record that we really love, ourselves. People may like it, other people may not. But we must say this, we are quite pleased with it. … We hope you’ll like it.”

In addition to talking about the making of the record, which was helmed by producer Andrew Watt (Miley Cyrus, Ozzy Osbourne), the band reminisced about their first-ever press conference in the Sixties (buying a pint of beer each for NME and Melody Maker), how Wood likes to “keep everything moving” (to audience cheers) by playing with other artists, and the time Keith Richards smoked illegally backstage at The Tonight Show. Fallon also attempted a Jagger impression right in front of Jagger. “That’s not how I speak,” Jagger said, laughing.

The band also unvieled the track list for the album, which contains 12 tracks, though Jagger said they’d recorded 23 for it. Wood praised the funky riff of “Whole Wide World” and about how “Dreamy Skies” is about getting away from everything (which Jagger says never happens.)

Wood also revealed that Lady Gaga sings on “Sweet Sounds of Heaven” and quizzically shouted out Stevie Wonder’s name when Fallon announced the track. They described “Live by the Sword” as “slightly retro,” and Richards talked about “Tell Me Straight,” a song he sings. “I can tell you straight that I have no idea what it’s about,” the guitarist joked. And he pointed at Jagger, “He tried to steal it, so it must be good.” They all laughed.

“When a singer wants to make a record, you record him, because you never know the next time you’re gonna get it,” Richards said about how the album came together. “So when Mick said to me, ‘I want to make a record,’ I … said, ‘Let’s go.'”

“Well that’s good to know, isn’t it?” Jagger said, laughing.

“I’ve never told you that before,” Richards said.

“You shouldn’t have told me now,” Jagger rejoined, and everyone laughed. “That’s good to know, that’s all I’ve got to do.”

The band ended up cutting the album all over the world. They recorded at Los Angeles’ Henson Recording Studios, London’s Metropolis Studios, Nassau, Bahamas’ Sanctuary Studios, and a couple of New York institutions, Electric Lady Studios and the Hit Factory/Germano Studios.

“When a singer wants to make a record, you record him, because you never know the next time you’re gonna get it,” Richards said about how the album came together. “So when Mick said to me, ‘I want to make a record,’ I … said, ‘Let’s go.'”

“Well that’s good to know, isn’t it?” Jagger said, laughing.

“I’ve never told you that before,” Richards said.

“You shouldn’t have told me now,” Jagger rejoined, and everyone laughed. “That’s good to know, that’s all I’ve got to do.”

The band ended up cutting the album all over the world. They recorded at Los Angeles’ Henson Recording Studios, London’s Metropolis Studios, Nassau, Bahamas’ Sanctuary Studios, and a couple of New York institutions, Electric Lady Studios and the Hit Factory/Germano Studios.

They also premiered the video for “Angry,” which stars White Lotus and Euphoria actress Sydney Sweeney. The actress, who was sitting in the front row, told Fallon, “This is the biggest thing ever.” Francois Rousselet, who directed the clip for the Stones’ “Ride ‘Em on Down” (off their 2016 collection of blues covers, Blue & Lonesome), helmed the clip.

In the clip, she rides on the back of a red convertible through the Sunset Strip as billboards depicting various eras of the Stones perform the track, whose chorus goes, “Don’t get angry with me,” a perfectly syncopated Jagger rhythm. Sweeney even plays a little air guitar.

Hackney Diamonds track list:

1. “Angry”
2. “Get Close”
3. “Depending on You”
4. “Bite My Head Off”
5. “Whole Wide World”
6. “Dreamy Skies”
7. “Mess It Up”
8. “Live by the Sword”
9. “Driving Me Too Hard”
10. “Tell Me Straight”
11. “Sweet Sounds of Heaven”
12. “Rolling Stone Blues”

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:34

I like it, the second half sounds like it could come from Tattoo You which is no bad thing. Kind of retro but good.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:36

Song is catchy. Pop rather than rock but obviously recognisably the Stones. I enjoy looking at the historical performance footage on the billboards on the video but I don't see any connection between the video contents and the lyrics. Might as well be "don't get kippers for tea" as 'don't get angry at me". I suppose it could be said having a pneumatic model draped over a vehicle is classic Stones marketing and certainly very hackneyed!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:37

Video: A+
Song: B+ OR A-

Happy with this. Best single to launch an album since “Mixed Emotions” IMO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-06 17:49 by Send It To me.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:38

Love the video, I couldn't tell, was Bill or Brian ever shown in the video?

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:38

Keith of course is completely straight...
Good job he didn't give the Fallon any credit for those bum sh** jokes.
Mick and Jagger forever the ambassadors

Posted by: kid killowatt ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:39

Bill is in the video, Brian did not see him

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-06 17:40 by kid killowatt.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:40

I love the song and the video, it's a good job they show where it's at! Lookin'forward to those lw guardian reviews!!grinning smiley

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:40

snorton

Brian is completely written out - I noticed when they talked about "Live by the sword" having Bill and Charlie, one of them, Mick?, said 'the original line-up'. Bill is glimpsed in some of the video footage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-06 17:42 by Lady Jayne.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:42

snorton
smiling bouncing smiley

I like the song. It sounds just good. A bit like I expected after hearing the first tiny sample of it. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
The clip is not bad. They have even small footage of Bill Wyman, Mick Taylor and of course our beloved CHARLIE in it!!
If they really would have made it off, they should have put a small footage of Brian Jones and Ian “Stu” Stewart in it. But that’s just a minor detail to me. smiling smiley

Posted by: rayrad ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:44

didn't they say "original rhythm section"?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:45

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()

my take on Angry -- not hard enough to open a show but a good 2nd song after SFM.

Posted by: Putty ()

Love the song and video!

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:46

Lady Jayne
snorton

Brian is completely written out - I noticed when they talked about "Live by the sword" having Bill and Charlie, one of them, Mick?, said 'the original line-up'. Bill is glimpsed in some of the video footage.

But he didn't - he said the original rhythm section.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:47

The live billboard was an absolutely brilliant idea. Not thinking of any others, I would rate it as their best use of a video montage in a video. The S & M chick thing was more of a distraction for younger viewers.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:47

I’m probably totally off here, but the ‘hot girl’ video is probably to entice the Stones’, ageing, male demographic. Generation Z will not be amused. Good! grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1849
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home