Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ian Stewart Mention by Mick at HOF Induction Speech?
Posted by: sbetz ()
Date: August 30, 2023 17:04

Mick praised Stu for his, "Odd but invaluable musical advise kept us on a stady, Bluesy course for most of the time."

I realize Mick didn't want to be too serious at the occasion but I've always pondered what he meant by Ian's "odd" advise. Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Steve

Re: Ian Stewart Mention by Mick at HOF Induction Speech?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 31, 2023 03:22

sbetz
Mick praised Stu for his, "Odd but invaluable musical advise kept us on a stady, Bluesy course for most of the time."

I realize Mick didn't want to be too serious at the occasion but I've always pondered what he meant by Ian's "odd" advise. Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Steve

Just a guess based on comments from Charlie, I think, but one bit of odd advice might be that he'd always get them hotels near golf courses so he could play golf.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 31, 2023 10:45

Delete post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-31 10:51 by Paddy.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 31, 2023 10:47

sbetz

Thank you,
Steve

“@#$%& Chinese music” “my little shower of shits” I recall something along those lines as things Ian would say from Keith’s book. I think Mick maybe was referring to this sense of humour about the band from comments similar to the ones in Keith’s book.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 31, 2023 11:02

Paddy
sbetz

Thank you,
Steve

“@#$%& Chinese music” “my little shower of shits” I recall something along those lines as things Ian would say from Keith’s book. I think Mick maybe was referring to this sense of humour about the band from comments similar to the ones in Keith’s book.

thumbs up If you couldn't lay down a bit of Boogie-Woogie over it...Stew wasn't interested .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-31 11:04 by Spud.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 31, 2023 14:44

Not a native speaker, but “odd” could also mean “occasional”, besides “strange” ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2229
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home