Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Which were "Your" Tours?
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 26, 2023 09:59

MadMax
Mine were 2003 Licks and 2006-2007 ABB European stints with the highlights being 1st row in the King's box at Cirkus Stockholm were I just had one step from stage and ended up smoking Ronnie's KOOL fag which he gave to me from stage,being backstage at Nya Ullevi in Gothenburg 4 years later and finally reaching my goal of meeting Keith in the D'Angleterre in Copenhagen a couple of days later. I saw 9 shows that summer and the premiere in Werchter was proper Rock n Roll danger!

Happy days!

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: August 26, 2023 14:16

1982 Nya Ullevi first Stones concert,tenting outside Ullevi.Best concert maybee Valle Hovin 2007 and Hyde Park 2013

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: August 26, 2023 15:35

My big 3 were .....the 81 tour, Steel Wheels 89 and the Voodoo Lounge in 94. All of which I attended on opening nights. Good times

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 28, 2023 15:52

73, WACA,PERTH. First Stones show. First date with my (still) wife. Intense, hot Mick Taylor show.

But 2003 Enmore Theatre Sydney Licks show. To be SAT on edge of stage for entire show. To touch Mick’s shoe, once, after a look of “ever do that again and you're either dead, or outta here”. To have my hair ruffled by Keith, and to have Keith play the intro to HTW on one knee, one handed, one foot in front of me, the other arm raised in the air, saying to ME “how flvukin’ easy is this?” with a huge grin on his face…those moments make this show/tour, MY TOUR.

Rod

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-28 15:54 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: August 28, 2023 18:36

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 28, 2023 20:54

B2B Japan tour for me. I attended all but the Tokyo first night, which was the tour opener — that is, Tokyo x 3 and Osaka x 2, five shows in all.
I enjoyed every show, especially the two Osaka shows because they were their first ever gigs in my hometown. Nothing can take the place of a joy that the Stones are coming to where you live!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-28 20:56 by RisingStone.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: August 29, 2023 20:14

RisingStone
B2B Japan tour for me. I attended all but the Tokyo first night, which was the tour opener — that is, Tokyo x 3 and Osaka x 2, five shows in all.
I enjoyed every show, especially the two Osaka shows because they were their first ever gigs in my hometown. Nothing can take the place of a joy that the Stones are coming to where you live!

True!
Berlin Waldbühne last year 15min bike ride.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 31, 2023 12:40

angee
VL, for me, and then later, Las Vegas and NJ in the *Tongue Pit*...Was that the 50 and Counting tour?

BigAl, how great that your dad finally saw them, and next to you, on top of that!

Yes, it certainly was! He actually went to catch them on two further occasions: Twickenham #2 '03 and the first Twickenham show of the A Bigger Bang Tour. He opted out of the 2007 o2 shows; he'd seen enough!

Posted by: jana ()
Date: August 31, 2023 15:04

Licks Tour (Prague 2003), which is when I saw them for the first time. Almost 15 years old, knew nothing about rock music, and there they were. It'll sound pathetic, but it was a life-changing experience. smiling smiley

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: August 31, 2023 15:16

VL for me, Wembley stadium. Queued for hours and ran to the front!

Still think that Not Fade Away was unusual (but great) as an opener.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 2, 2023 06:32

1981 first time seeing them fifth row center stage in Hartford CT
1989 The comeback two shows in Foxboro MA
2012-13 saw them in Brooklyn then both Boston shows. One with my son

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home