Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Yet another lyric video - please tell me
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: August 19, 2023 02:31

OK everybody, the "Tell Me" forum is definitely where this question is at.

Now we have two more lyric vidoes at [www.youtube.com], YMGR, one again in English, one again in Spanish. "Tell me" - what's the point?

I was collecting these, but now I give up. Watch once, file, forget ..... now delete.

Re: Yet another lyric video - please tell me
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 19, 2023 03:49

Agree. Why, why would they possibly market their music to reach every potential customer? We who have everything do not need these so they shouldn't try to reach those who actually watch things like this unless they want us to complain.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 19, 2023 09:53

They were starting to get it right in the end lol. It’s either sloppy or intentional work. Anyone notice Ronnie was reversed on stage once. Sometimes I think whoever is doing these just wants to needle the fans. Who knows.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: August 19, 2023 10:23

Visibility, new consumers, new ways of listening to music...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 19, 2023 15:02

stonesman87

Now we have two more lyric vidoes at [www.youtube.com], YMGR, one again in English, one again in Spanish.

YMGR is the special Yoda edition smoking smiley

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: August 19, 2023 16:23

They should release every album completely in a Lyric Video Edition. grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-19 18:23 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: August 19, 2023 18:11

Not everything is aimed at old farts like us.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 19, 2023 18:16

There’s nothing wrong with them. Quit complaining Geez

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 19, 2023 18:25

Why? Fool to cry got 250.000 views in one month. That's enough arguments to Release more.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 19, 2023 19:45

hockenheim95
Why? Fool to cry got 250.000 views in one month. That's enough arguments to Release more.

Possibly from "old bones" like me/us, who had nothing better to do at the time and decided to have a look for time-wasting sake.
I doubt if there were many "youngsters" among those 250.000 ...

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 19, 2023 20:13

georgie48
hockenheim95

Possibly from "old bones" like me/us, who had nothing better to do at the time and decided to have a look for time-wasting sake.

View numbers equals money because there are ads before the video. It doesn't matter who clicked on it. It's still an impressive number for a nearly 50 year old song that's widely available. I simply don't understand what's wrong with those Videos. If you're not interested don't look at them!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 19, 2023 20:18

anyway, and to my own surprise, YGMR is still standing, pretty good

Date: August 19, 2023 21:27

More Hot Rocks
There’s nothing wrong with them. Quit complaining Geez

While true, that's par for the course. The best thing about the message board is when you learn something that makes you appreciate songs you've lived with for decades even more. For me, it's usually threads about Brian or learning what was played by Keith or Mick Taylor. Sometimes you're lucky enough to get perspectives from people who were there.

Much of the rest is complaining about how they should stop or how they should have been more productive. How they should invite back old members. How they need as many guests as possible. How they should get rid of Don Was and when they do why Andrew Watt is all wrong. If they release a compilation or a live album or a deluxe edition, they get it all wrong. If they put out a lyric video, it's a personal affront. And so it goes.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 19, 2023 21:53

georgie48
hockenheim95

If they had chosen a better tune to begin with, they might have had 500,000 views. As for this latest lyric spectacle, there's the risk of actually deterring new fans rather than gaining new fans.
You Got Me Rocking is an average tolerable tune at best imo, and not sure how many non-Stones fans will find any amount joy listening to it, let alone reading the mediocre lyrics to it.
With no new music in recent years, I guess this keeps them semi-"relevant", but imagine the amount of views a brand new tune and video might actually bring in...maybe millions? Billions?

Date: August 19, 2023 22:43

They have at least improved over the years. I think Rain Fall Down is probably the best one.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 19, 2023 22:59

Hmm. I'm 60 years old myself. Always wished/hoped I wouldn't be the angry old man on the porch of my house yelling at young kids. But here's the thing. I don't like being shamed into thinking I'm wrong. That's what's going on whether you recognize it or not. For instance I don't care Taylor Swift outsold The Beatles and Stones. Means nothing to me. I know who/what I love. And that's not it. Completely different time in history and meaning, you should know that. Some of you might want to jump on that band wagon and it's your choice, I'm not in and I won't harass you for it, so likewise don't do it to me. This goes for these ridiculous unthoughtful videos. Go ahead and support them as great if you like, but not me.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: August 21, 2023 23:33

East London couple's Rolling Stones lyric videos are a lesson in visual history

[www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk]

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: August 21, 2023 23:42

Lien

That's interesting to read, but it's a different lyric videos series to the series that I referrred to at the start of this thread.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 22, 2023 00:07

stonesman87
Lien

That's interesting to read, but it's a different lyric videos series to the series that I referrred to at the start of this thread.

Yeah, they seemingly did the ABKCO era lyric videos (seemingly those didn't make people here so upset and hurt as these few Promotone era ones). And also "Trouble's A-Coming" as well (a great work that one).

- Doxa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home