Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Detroit 69 LP Rubberstamped
Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: August 15, 2023 17:58

Anybody here ever came across this pressing? LP has white labels and Matrixes S7 and S2 . The cover is plain white with a blue rubberstamp that says : Rolling Stones Live in Detroit.
Would be nice to get some information.

Re: Detroit 69 LP Rubberstamped
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: August 15, 2023 20:00

Is this where one of the Stones said "We never really got it on until...D..."?

Or was that just the bootleg title ??

Re: LP - Rolling Stones live in Detroit, 24-Nov-1969
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 15, 2023 20:20

NoPanic

Would be nice to get some information.

Rolling Stones live in Detroit, Olympia Stadium, November 24, 1969 - [TheAmazingKornyfoneLabel.Wordpress.com] , [www.dbboots.com] , [www.Discogs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-15 20:25 by Irix.

Posted by: django ()
Date: August 15, 2023 20:23

Kingbeebuzz
Is this where one of the Stones said "We never really got it on until...D..."?

Or was that just the bootleg title ??

I have it, buried somewhere in the cellar.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: August 15, 2023 20:51

django

What a sacrilege!

Posted by: django ()
Date: August 15, 2023 21:20

Rank Stranger
django

What a sacrilege!

True, but unfortunately all my LPs share this fate. Including my 500+x Stones bootleg- LPs, singles, EPs etc.. I am ashamed. Not enough space in my apartement.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 15, 2023 21:27

django
Rank Stranger
django

What a sacrilege!

True, but unfortunately all my LPs share this fate. Including my 500+x Stones bootleg- LPs, singles, EPs etc.. I am ashamed. Not enough space in my apartement.

Maybe some of use should drop by with some beer and help you out of that "terrible problem" grinning smiley

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: August 15, 2023 21:49

I have a theory about Jagger's comment about this show: With one exception and from the available recordings Detroit may be the first show where Taylor's SFTD solo was scripted in. The band was evolving right before your ears and eyes on this tour and this SFTD performance was a leap forward. Hence the comment.

Date: August 15, 2023 22:08

pmk251
I have a theory about Jagger's comment about this show: With one exception and from the available recordings Detroit may be the first show where Taylor's SFTD solo was scripted in. The band was evolving right before your ears and eyes on this tour and this SFTD performance was a leap forward. Hence the comment.

That's good news .smiling smiley

Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: August 16, 2023 11:08

The record I'm talking about is not "We never got it on....". It has song seperation like the double albums but is in a single LP cover , blue stamped.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 16, 2023 11:51

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 16, 2023 12:17

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 16, 2023 14:41

Audio is a little better than Liver than you'll ever be. Still not soundboard, right?

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: August 16, 2023 23:34

django
Rank Stranger
django

What a sacrilege!

Sell your apartment! Move out!

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: August 19, 2023 04:10

pmk251

A follow up to the above: You Tube has the excellent Reelin' In The Years video of the Detroit SFTD performance. You can watch the band "getting it on" as Jagger gets up off the floor to cheer lead Taylor through his solo and the performance surges. It is a transitional moment for the band.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: August 19, 2023 05:07

pmk251
pmk251

A follow up to the above: You Tube has the excellent Reelin' In The Years video of the Detroit SFTD performance. You can watch the band "getting it on" as Jagger gets up off the floor to cheer lead Taylor through his solo and the performance surges. It is a transitional moment for the band.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

My dad was there!

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: August 19, 2023 07:19

Thanks so much for your observation concerning the unexpected appearance of Taylor’s solo on SFTD in Detroit. I used to play, and, of course Taylor’s solos were on my shortlist. I had all the ‘69 boots and always wondered about the evolution of this.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: August 20, 2023 16:40

pmk251

I'm not familiar with much of the '69 tour besides Ya Ya's, maybe Live'r Than You'll Ever Be, and the Altamont show.

[www.youtube.com]

Taylor solos at the end of Live'r Than You'll Ever be. He just hasn't incorporated those trademark sixths into the solo yet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2501
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home