Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jagger in today's Guardian
Posted by: Brown Moses ()
Date: July 26, 2023 11:17

Re: Jagger in today's Guardian
Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: July 26, 2023 11:44

Great article! Thank you for posting!

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: July 26, 2023 12:14

Brilliant article.
Many thanks for posting.

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: July 26, 2023 12:16

Brilliant article . A great summary of the life and times of Mick.
Many thanks for posting.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 26, 2023 12:40

We don't seem to have a thread for article links yet - and there will be a lot! This is a nice appreciative celebration of how important Mick is and has been to music and entertainment.

[www.standard.co.uk]

Date: July 26, 2023 13:08

Cool, many thanks for posting.

Date: July 26, 2023 13:13

And surprisingly few arsey comments from Guardian readers BTL. The Stones usually bring them flocking out...

Here's another lengthy one from the Telegraph....
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 26, 2023 16:30

Writer did a great job putting that article together! Thanks for posting it up here.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 26, 2023 18:14

Not altogether accurate, but it was fun to read.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 26, 2023 18:54

MadMetaphoricalMax
And surprisingly few arsey comments from Guardian readers BTL. The Stones usually bring them flocking out...

Here's another lengthy one from the Telegraph....
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Thanks for that one, the Guardian wouldn't come through without getting a subscribership.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 26, 2023 20:55

Showing a photo mick performing 1983? Must be 1981 or 1982.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 26, 2023 23:47

"38. So much of what the Stones did between 1968 and 1972 is perfect, and one might just as well list all the tracks from that era (except Stray Cat Blues) and be done with it. But we have to pick and choose, so go and listen to Moonlight Mile, where his imperfection is perfect."

Hey! I love Stray Cat Blues!

If you must omit one song from those four albums, Country Honk is the obvious choice.

I often just imagine Let It Bleed with Honky-Tonk Women.eye popping smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 27, 2023 16:43

TheBluesHadaBaby
"38. So much of what the Stones did between 1968 and 1972 is perfect, and one might just as well list all the tracks from that era (except Stray Cat Blues) and be done with it. But we have to pick and choose, so go and listen to Moonlight Mile, where his imperfection is perfect."

If you must omit one song from those four albums, Country Honk is the obvious choice.

I've thought about that as well, in terms of this unbelievable album released without a single (I know, that happened by design but not every album...ie Street Fighting Man, She's A Rainbow, Let's Spend The Night Together - all US, but still)...and the fact they had THE single in HTW (I know, already on TTPD -
sort of like adding Don't Stop to 40 Licks).

Had they released a couple of singles off LIB, let's say HTW, and Gimme Shelter (b/w Country Honk) and left Country Honk off the album with HTW in it's place you may have THE album of 1969 and possibly the peak of the big 4.

And I like Country Honk, but it's not HTW.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 27, 2023 17:31

treaclefingers

Had they released a couple of singles off LIB, let's say HTW, and Gimme Shelter (b/w Country Honk) and left Country Honk off the album with HTW in it's place you may have THE album of 1969 and possibly the peak of the big 4.

Not HTW - which imo worked fine as a forerunner to LIB - but Morphine.
Had they put that track in LIB you would have had one of the darkest rock albums ever recorded...

"Mick does actually organise every little detail of the tour, while Ronnie and Keith just have to decide whether they’re going to get drunk or not, that’s the big decision of the day. Yet the Stones are Mick’s gang, he’s stuck with them"

Ah the IORR regulars know that... cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-27 17:35 by dcba.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 27, 2023 21:55

Despite some odd errors, this was really fun to read. Ah, finally the world gets to know how amazingly big (not to forget unique) the Rolling Stones with their (only yet) 80 years young frontman are.
Smiles on my face all the time cool smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 28, 2023 01:48

treaclefingers
TheBluesHadaBaby

I've thought about that as well, in terms of this unbelievable album released without a single (I know, that happened by design but not every album...ie Street Fighting Man, She's A Rainbow, Let's Spend The Night Together - all US, but still)...and the fact they had THE single in HTW (I know, already on TTPD -
sort of like adding Don't Stop to 40 Licks).

And I like Country Honk, but it's not HTW.
You could argue the same about Beggars Banquet if they included Jumping Jack Flash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2067
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home