Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones sixty years history
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: July 25, 2023 07:10

Is there any band in the world that has survived for 60 years, barring the hiccups?, Well no. Formed in 1962 with 5 young boys. Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Brian Jones, Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts. Around late 60s Brain died suddenly. Did the engine stopped? Well no. They have found an able and in fact better replacement Mick Taylor. His virtuosity proved vital early 70s. In mid 70s Mick Taylor left and Ronnie Wood joined. And this new line up continued till 1989 when Bill Wyman Left the band on 1990. Over and out. No. But the band kept on rolling. And kept on rolling with concerts and albums. However in 2021 a major set back happened. They lost Charlie Watts the engine suddenly. Now this has hampered the band. There were reports now is the time for final nail on the coffin. But heck no. They bounced back to celebrate 60 years on 2022.

They were blues band,but went to become world famous rock and roll band. There music ranges from blues to punk including hard rock. Maybe they should have tried metal at least once

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-25 10:03 by bv.

Re: THE ROLLING STONES
Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: July 25, 2023 08:57

Bill Wyman left the Stones in 1993, not in 1990.

Re: The Rolling Stones sixty years history
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 25, 2023 10:24

pftw04
Maybe they should have tried metal at least once

Have you seen/heard Mick play IORR on Saturday Night Live with The Foo Fighters? That was pretty close to metal. I was very surprised by this. I like it too!

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 25, 2023 11:21

The only other noteworthy band I can think of offhand that may rival the Stones in terms of longevity is the Beach Boys, though I question if they can still be classified as an 'active' band so far as new material is concerned. Have they put out anything new since "And That's Why God Made The Radio"? At least the Stones have still managed to offer us something new every few years, however measured that output may be.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 25, 2023 12:53

The Who are at 59 years but that includes breaking up and reforming and lengthy periods of low activity.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 25, 2023 13:51

The Hollies were formed in 1962, but have obviously had their share of lineup changes. I actually saw them a year ago in Düsseldorf.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-25 13:53 by Topi.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 25, 2023 13:57

What about The Beach boys?!

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 25, 2023 19:43

mailexile67
What about The Beach boys?!

Please see my entry above.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 25, 2023 20:45

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 25, 2023 21:13

17 years and counting does seem like forever!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 26, 2023 07:09

30 years of relevant studio output, 30 years of touring on the backs of those long ago hits. The Beach Boys weren't so much a rock band as a vocal group. Carl and Brian were the only ones with much talent on musical instruments. I don't know if they are still the Rolling Stones. Just like Roger and Peter aren't really the Who. Bill was the first leg of the stool to leave, then Charlie. Yes, they have lasted 61 years, but not as the real band. Of course most groups would have just hired a bunch of crack musicians to play their hits. The Stones will probably never fact that. There's only a handful of years left for them to tour. But I wouldn't be surprised if crawls to an end before too long.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: July 26, 2023 11:47

frankotero
pftw04
Maybe they should have tried metal at least once

Have you seen/heard Mick play IORR on Saturday Night Live with The Foo Fighters? That was pretty close to metal. I was very surprised by this. I like it too!

Yes, this was very enjoyable! Full of power and Jagger fitted in perfectly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home