Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 14
Re: Mick's 80th Birthday Party in London
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 19, 2023 13:56

maybe some unspecified people or "the likes of" some specific people as words don't mean anything when you just like your own voice

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 19, 2023 13:59

Nikkei
maybe some unspecified people or "the likes of" some specific people as words don't mean anything when you just like your own voice

Is that poetry?

Date: July 19, 2023 14:29

or is it me struggling with the english language? maybe someone could explain what i got wrong

Date: July 19, 2023 14:40

i mean, this is international. some of us trying hard to make sense while native speakers don't try very hard to crack jokes. "some contemporary artists: maybe the likes of ed sheeran, harry styles, justin bieber and taylor swift" who is meant by that? people of that category but not the ones listed? lookalikes? "imagine who we met there: the likes of taylor swift"?

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 19, 2023 15:43

Nikkei
i mean, this is international. some of us trying hard to make sense while native speakers don't try very hard to crack jokes. "some contemporary artists: maybe the likes of ed sheeran, harry styles, justin bieber and taylor swift" who is meant by that? people of that category but not the ones listed? lookalikes? "imagine who we met there: the likes of taylor swift"?

Hi, Nikkei, no issue mate, I'm a non-native too. I understood the first part all right, then "some specific people as words don't mean anything when you just like your own voice" lost me at first, by now I get it. It could be this musician or that one, as one's talk ("your voice") may randomly suggest... If I get your hint

Date: July 19, 2023 18:39

no problem i realize i should have had better interpunction

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 19, 2023 19:00

This should be a great gathering and celebration. Wishing them pleasant temperatures and no rain! Are Karl, Sasha, Bernard, and Tim on the guest list? Perhaps Lisa Fischer? If so, we may see a Stones set, but with no time for rehearsals, an all-star birthday jam sounds fun.

Hope we see some photos of the festivities. A new one of the Glimmer Twins both smiling at the same time would be great. The last two on the homepage here have either had Keith (at Waldbuhne) or Mick (the current featured photo) looking disoriented and like a deer lost in the headlights. Time for an upgrade that shows our boys a little more favorably!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 20, 2023 00:53

If Bills invited lets hope Mick
remembers ta have some Bird's custard,
Branston pickle, piccalilli... oh yeah and some PG Tips ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 20, 2023 02:52

jp.M
Hairball
Bill was invited to play on the new album, so it's safe to say that he's probably been invited to attend Micks big 80th bash. Hope Mick Taylor will be there also.
Paul McCartney has more than likely been invited also, along with Elton John, Pete Townshend, Van Morrison, Eric Clapton, and other elderly rockers.
And no doubt some much younger/contemporary artists will be invited. Maybe the likes of Dua Lipa, Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles, Justin Bieber, and Taylor Swift...

... maybe Jimmy Page...

Oh yes of course, I forgot all about JIMMY PAGE!

There's also Sir Rod Stewart, RINGO, maybe even Ray and Dave Davies...numerous possibilities...
As the source told Simon Boyle of the Sun: "it will be like a who’s who of the music and entertainment world"...

Date: July 20, 2023 03:07

Vegan Jelly-babies for Paul tooooo ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 20, 2023 07:51

Rockman
Vegan Jelly-babies for Paul tooooo ....

...and Lavatory Lil always at their service...

Date: July 20, 2023 08:55

Ssshhhhhh Hairball reckons it
a pretty good track ... I read it here

ROCKMAN

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 20, 2023 10:01

Rockman
Ssshhhhhh Hairball reckons it
a pretty good track ... I read it here

Well, if he sez so, there can't be no serious doubt about it... I mean, who are we to question his authority?

Date: July 20, 2023 10:47

.... me no question .... me just laugh

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 20, 2023 22:36

Hairball
Bill was invited to play on the new album, so it's safe to say that he's probably been invited to attend Micks big 80th bash. Hope Mick Taylor will be there also.
Paul McCartney has more than likely been invited also, along with Elton John, Pete Townshend, Van Morrison, Eric Clapton, and other elderly rockers.
And no doubt some much younger/contemporary artists will be invited. Maybe the likes of Dua Lipa, Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles, Justin Bieber, and Taylor Swift...

There's also Sir Rod Stewart, RINGO, maybe even Ray and Dave Davies...numerous possibilities...
As the source told Simon Boyle of the Sun: "it will be like a who’s who of the music and entertainment world"...

I would be stunned if Mick Taylor was there. I don't believe there is a chance of Ray or Dave Davies.

Date: July 20, 2023 23:04

Hairball
jp.M
Hairball

... maybe Jimmy Page...

I think Brad Pitt is in London so maybe he will join them since he has been friend of the Stones [youtu.be] [i.ibb.co]

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 20, 2023 23:15

Don’t forget all the people in the fashion industry.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 20, 2023 23:18

Hairball
jp.M
Hairball

... maybe Jimmy Page...

Why Ray and Dave Davis? I’m not sure but Mick has never been close to them.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 20, 2023 23:26

More Hot Rocks
Hairball
jp.M
Hairball

... maybe Jimmy Page...

I don't recall ever reading that Mick/Stones hanging out with them either. Who knows, maybe Peter Noone will get an invite too! smiling smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 20, 2023 23:43

Hopeful that Andrew Loog Oldham is on the guest list.
Wonder if Keith will actually be there?

Date: July 21, 2023 00:07

DiegoGlimmerStones
Hairball
jp.M
Hairball

... maybe Jimmy Page...

I think Brad Pitt is in London so maybe he will join them since he has been friend of the Stones [youtu.be] [i.ibb.co]

Not sure what Emilio Estevez has been up to these days, but he might get an invite based on his co- starring role in FREEJACK with Mick...
And of course there's the legend Anthony Hopkins who was also in that movie!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-21 00:07 by Hairball.

Date: July 21, 2023 00:09

Let 'em eat cake ......

ROCKMAN

Date: July 21, 2023 00:19

DGA35
More Hot Rocks
Hairball
jp.M
Hairball

... maybe Jimmy Page...

I don't recall ever reading that Mick/Stones hanging out with them either. Who knows, maybe Peter Noone will get an invite too! smiling smiley

You never know, but I wouldn't be surprised as the source in the Sun article also said "Mick has an enormous guest list of more than 300 people"....that's alot of guest spots to fill!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 21, 2023 04:41

Hairball
DGA35
More Hot Rocks
Hairball
jp.M
Hairball

... maybe Jimmy Page...

You never know, but I wouldn't be surprised as the source in the Sun article also said "Mick has an enormous guest list of more than 300 people"....that's alot of guest spots to fill!

OMG my invitation came in the mail today! See ya suckers!

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 21, 2023 05:57

treaclefingers
OMG my invitation came in the mail today! See ya suckers!

Yay! Now I'll finally get a chance to rub elbows with a fellow IORRian!

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 22, 2023 02:26

Hairball

300 people isn’t that many. Just with all of Mick’s exes, children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, that’s gotta be at least 30 people right there. smiling smiley

But on a serious note, between music, fashion, artists and industry folks, everyone with a plus one, it’s really not a big number.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 22, 2023 03:32

Oh yes. I guess that is fandom: people speculating about someone's private birthday party guests, even making wish lists... When THE SUN or another tabloid will give some deepthroat info who made it or who not, I hope people won't be too disappointed.

All-time low in Rolling Stones fandom?

- Doxa

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 23, 2023 02:11

Kurt
Hopeful that Andrew Loog Oldham is on the guest list.

I doubt Andrew even receives holiday greetings from their office.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: July 25, 2023 00:50

If ANY of the KarTrashians are invited, I am never listening to the Stones again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-25 00:51 by 1badgator.

Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: July 25, 2023 01:09

Rockman
.... me no question .... me just laugh

Rockman: you are supposed to be Australian.
Could you please tell me what kind of fake accent you always use? It gets boring after a while.
No offense!
Ruediger

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 14

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2491
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home