Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: The Eagles - "The Long Goodbye" Farewell Tour
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 27, 2024 12:31

DGA35
babyblue
babyblue
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
drwatts
babyblue
We need more Canada dates
I think I just heard The Dude say, 'please God no'.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Oh really

Didn't the Eagles come to Vancouver just before covid? A friend of mine is a big Eagles fan but she said she didn't want to see them since Glen Frey wasn't there anymore. How many times have they announced a farewell tour now? They're stretching it out longer than KISS did!

Still have a ways to go to beat Elton though.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 28, 2024 18:03

Dagopauley
It should be called the goodbye and good riddance tour.

I like the Eagles but yeah, sure is a long goodbye. Would be a little more sentimental if there was more than 1 original Eagle involved.

OT: The Eagles - "The Long Goodbye" Farewell Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 21, 2024 00:52

Eagles book residency at Las Vegas Sphere to extend ‘Long Goodbye’ tour: sources

By Josh Kosman and Ian Mohr
March 18, 2024

[nypost.com]

Date: June 14, 2024 16:09

Eagles SPHERE Residency Announced

June 13, 2024

[eagles.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 14, 2024 18:46

crholmstrom
DGA35
babyblue
babyblue
drwatts
babyblue
I think I just heard The Dude say, 'please God no'.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Oh really

Didn't the Eagles come to Vancouver just before covid? A friend of mine is a big Eagles fan but she said she didn't want to see them since Glen Frey wasn't there anymore. How many times have they announced a farewell tour now? They're stretching it out longer than KISS did!

Still have a ways to go to beat Elton though.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Technically, I think the Who beat them...wasn't their last supposed to be in the 80s?

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-06-14 18:47 by treaclefingers.

Date: June 19, 2024 01:03

Date: June 27, 2024 18:20

ADDITIONAL DECEMBER SPHERE DATES ANNOUNCED!

JUNE 26, 2024

[eagles.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 27, 2024 18:32

Deryck Whibley on getting kicked out of Eagles show.

[guitar.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-06-27 18:35 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: July 15, 2024 19:10

NEW JANUARY SPHERE DATES ANNOUNCED!

JULY 15, 2024

[eagles.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 15, 2024 23:50

crholmstrom
DGA35
babyblue
babyblue
drwatts
babyblue

Oh really

KISS did two farewell tours. Like The Eagles, they didn't go away when they should've.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 16, 2024 17:39

With Henley being the last original member perhaps they should call it The Eagle. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: July 16, 2024 20:00

Well yeah at this point the "Eagles" really are a cover band with some high profile artists reprising original members roles.

Nothing against that. It is what it is though.

Posted by: stonesurvive ()
Date: August 5, 2024 06:37

KISS did two farewell tours. Like The Eagles, they didn't go away when they should've.[/quote]

...........thank you! the Eagles started the high prices with the "Hell Freezes Over" tour, Elton's farewell was only one tour, but stalled,then restarted, due to Covid.

''''and as I have stated before, TRUE rock' n rollers DO NOT announce a "last tour".............or a "retirement".

Date: August 7, 2024 06:39

January?

Why can't they just stop?

Nothing memorable will happen!

It's DONE!

They're not the Stones (or quite a few others).

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 7, 2024 08:17

GasLightStreet
January?

It's DONE!

Sadly, people keep buying tickets to this tribute show.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 8, 2024 00:48

RollingFreak
GasLightStreet
January?

It's DONE!

For some reason I don't even consider Joe Walsh an Eagle. I know I know...

Date: August 8, 2024 00:57

More Hot Rocks
RollingFreak
GasLightStreet
January?

It's DONE!

His time is equivalent to Ronnie's time in the Stones so... that is really something. Around long enough to be considered...

Original? No. But at some point, if one is around longer than... maybe being "original" isn't so important - you truly are part of the band. Especially when you consider what it takes to be in a band that long.

Which kinda says a lot about the original member that was replaced.

That's just one view of it.

But holy crap, these guys need to give it up. Just STOP already. They're no worse than "Lynrd Skynrd" at this point.

Joe Walsh doesn't need The Eagles. Except for maybe helping him stand on stage long enough.

Date: August 8, 2024 01:38

I think the Ronnie comparison is apt, even Joe is still a bit different. Ronnie joined when it didn't really matter anymore, the Stones legacy was set. Yes he probably kept them together, but besides Some Girls (which is NOT Hotel California), he's not really on anything of note, besides Start Me Up. Whereas Joe joined the Eagles kinda to give them more rock cred. He wouldn't be as big without them, but they needed him more at the time, if that makes sense. Helps that the album he joined was Hotel as well. Don Felder isn't original either, but in my mind he's more of an Eagle. He contributed more to them, whereas Joe is a recognizable face in a band that was already pretty big.

Now Timothy B Schmitt, talk about someone I've never considered an Eagle. So at this point, its the Don and Joe show, and Don is lip syncing so its pretty sad. But if you enjoy the shows, power to ya.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: August 8, 2024 01:48

Maybe not originals but certainly very talented musicians playing an excellent show. No band can harmonize like these Eagles. And the Sphere is an incredible venue. Well worth seeing them.

Date: August 8, 2024 01:51

RollingFreak
I think the Ronnie comparison is apt, even Joe is still a bit different. Ronnie joined when it didn't really matter anymore, the Stones legacy was set. Yes he probably kept them together, but besides Some Girls (which is NOT Hotel California), he's not really on anything of note, besides Start Me Up. Whereas Joe joined the Eagles kinda to give them more rock cred. He wouldn't be as big without them, but they needed him more at the time, if that makes sense. Helps that the album he joined was Hotel as well. Don Felder isn't original either, but in my mind he's more of an Eagle. He contributed more to them, whereas Joe is a recognizable face in a band that was already pretty big.

Now Timothy B Schmitt, talk about someone I've never considered an Eagle. So at this point, its the Don and Joe show, and Don is lip syncing so its pretty sad. But if you enjoy the shows, power to ya.

Oh boy. You're way off in regard to Ronnie. He's all over SOME GIRLS, EMOTIONAL RESCUE and UNDERCOVER (not so much TATTOO YOU but still there - No Use In Crying, Neighbours, Hang Fire, Black Limo - the SG and ER session songs). Not sure why you'd say that. He 70/30 disappeared from STEEL WHEELS through BRIDGES.

Timothy B Schmitt! You're right about that, absolutely. It was Schmitt, having recorded with and then toured with Jimmy Buffett in 1985, that came up with the term Parrothead.

Henley is lip syncing!!?? You mean he's a quiet Motley Crue!!??!!??

Date: August 8, 2024 02:18

GasLightStreet
Oh boy. You're way off in regard to Ronnie. He's all over SOME GIRLS, EMOTIONAL RESCUE and UNDERCOVER (not so much TATTOO YOU but still there - No Use In Crying, Neighbours, Hang Fire, Black Limo - the SG and ER session songs). Not sure why you'd say that. He 70/30 disappeared from STEEL WHEELS through BRIDGES.
Its not meant as a dig at Ronnie! I love the guy. Its more that the only album that people reference from the Stones that he's on is Some Girls. No one really talks about Emotional Rescue or Undercover in glowing terms, but Some Girls is seen as a return to form or comeback akin to those great 60s and 70s albums. So while Ronnie is great, he's fairly superfluous in terms of the Stones studio output that anyone references or remembers.

And yeah, Henley lip syncs now. There's a lot of videos online of it. I only found out recently. Sad, though I guess almost makes sense cause his great voice was a key component of that band, so if he doesn't have that consistently anymore then there's REALLY no reason for them to tour anymore. They lip sync Joe at parts too. Its really quite sad.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 8, 2024 02:48

GasLightStreet
More Hot Rocks
RollingFreak
GasLightStreet
January?

It's DONE!

His time is equivalent to Ronnie's time in the Stones so... that is really something. Around long enough to be considered...

Original? No. But at some point, if one is around longer than... maybe being "original" isn't so important - you truly are part of the band. Especially when you consider what it takes to be in a band that long.

Which kinda says a lot about the original member that was replaced.

That's just one view of it.

But holy crap, these guys need to give it up. Just STOP already. They're no worse than "Lynrd Skynrd" at this point.

Joe Walsh doesn't need The Eagles. Except for maybe helping him stand on stage long enough.

Yes I see your point. Some people yearn for the original orientation of a certain
Band. And many times that is not the definitive or best version.
As far as Skynyrd this version after Billy Powell’s death doesn’t even sound like Skynyrd. Tone, style you name it completely different.
I've seen local Skynyrd tribute bands that sound more like Skynyrd then these guys. Give it up Johnny you’ve been riding your bother’s coat tails way to long.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-08-08 05:20 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: August 8, 2024 03:20

RollingFreak
GasLightStreet
Its not meant as a dig at Ronnie! I love the guy. Its more that the only album that people reference from the Stones that he's on is Some Girls. No one really talks about Emotional Rescue or Undercover in glowing terms, but Some Girls is seen as a return to form or comeback akin to those great 60s and 70s albums. So while Ronnie is great, he's fairly superfluous in terms of the Stones studio output that anyone references or remembers.

I am one, who does. To me EMOTIONAL RESCUE and UNDERCOVER slightly surpass SOME GIRLS and count as the two latest of approximately twelve great Rolling Stones albums without internal ranking. I have not finally decided about HACKNEY DIAMONDS, but probably I will rate it as a semi-great album, like what I do about e.g. GOAT HEADS SOUP. As to Ronnie recently, listen to the great song "Dreamy Skies"

My roots as listener, however, are in in the first two eras of the Brian Jones period, the R&B band and the progressive pop group.

[I know nothing about the Eagles, apart from having heard one song on the radio in the past. It does not interest me. - If I were to give special attention to a band from the USA, I would towards other Stones fans mention the sadly so much neglected alternative rock band Come from the 1990s with its origin in Boston, ]

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: August 8, 2024 21:25

Saw this tour in Manchester earlier in the year- I wasn’t a huge fan beforehand and went with a friend who’s seen them before. I was pleasantly surprised - tight as a drum musically, great harmonies and more songs I knew than I thought. No desire to see them again, but glad I did (and as well as 20 stones gigs I’ve seen lots of other acts multiple times). Can imagine would be a great show at the sphere

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1622
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home