Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Letter to the Times from Chris Jagger
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 24, 2023 00:45

No-one here is likely to actually KNOW why/how Chris & his partner (or wife?) have got into this apparent mess.

I think that the commentary is largely that it seems odd that somehow it has happened.

Not least because of this quote ""Government policy states that Norwegians may apply for settled status if they have lived in Britain for at least five years before April 2021 and have “reasonable grounds” not to have applied before the deadline of June 2021.""

That reported policy is hardly the policy of a tyrannical despotic Govt implied by the "Show me your papers!" reference.

I am shocked that I find myself defending actions and policies apparently made by Boris Johnson's government.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 24, 2023 16:18

Maybe just more polite.

Please, show me your papers ...and now prove you have “reasonable grounds” not to have applied before the deadline of June 2021!

She was stopped by an immigration official when she arrived at Bristol airport in March from Madeira, who asked her how long she had lived in Britain. When she told him 74 years, he reportedly told her that there was nothing to show that she lived in the UK at all.

Idk for sure but I'd bet it's because of how her Surname is spelled in her Norwegian passport.
most likely Møller, not Moller and not Muller.
You don't get the proper or any results from the computer, if the input is incorrect.
I had to have my birth certificate officially corrected because it didn't include Umlaute (ä,ü,ö) lots of stress too.
bureaucratic ignorance at its best.

Usually acceptable documents include bank statements, NHS, council tax bills, electricity bills and GP appointment cards.

Jagger has been married to former model and actress Kari-Ann Moller[17][18][19] for over 40 years and they have five sons between them.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 24, 2023 19:22

What she will have to do is to prove beyond doubt that she has been resident in the UK for the past five years. This will mean submitting, as open-g says, bank statements, NHS records, utility bills, proof of her marriage etc. etc. - and she will need to list and account for every day that she hasn't been in the UK in the past five years, because to be "resident" you mustn't be out of the country for too long.
(I have worked for an immigration lawyer, and seen the forms and the volume of paperwork needed for even a straightforward application. It's horrendous.)

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 25, 2023 00:06

One would think that regularly filed tax returns would do it, possibly even her husband’s if they show her as spouse.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home