Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Mick engaged?
Posted by: artedm ()
Date: July 2, 2023 06:05

Re: Mick engaged?
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 2, 2023 12:01

Are we going there again? There was a thread about this already recently. Did that, done that. And I got the feeling it's a tabu subject here.
I was accused of moralism when discussing the subject.

Re: MailOnline: Melanie Hamrick Proposal Hint
Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 2, 2023 12:49

Strange woman. 36-79. Mick, I can understand...cool smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 2, 2023 14:56

I wasn't going to say anything but now I've seen that seemingly endless article they call an interview with the novel extract I feel something's strange about it. Whatever relation she might have to the media, it's completely incongruent to the way Mick always handled it. It reminds me of Jo Wood's homestories

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 2, 2023 15:06

I'd also believed the term gold digger to be very inappropriate but then you have Rupert Murdoch entering the picture so what can you say?

Date: July 2, 2023 17:20

The term "gold digger" is pretty one sided here. Putting all the scorn on the woman. As I said; it's a transaction, youth and beauty for money and fame. Both parts are equal contributors.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 2, 2023 17:42

If s their lives, leave them alone.

Date: July 2, 2023 17:52

Okay, close the thread then...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 2, 2023 18:09

A female friend of mine pointed something out.

"Everyone assumes that a young woman only goes with a rich older man for his money (When it's that way round - which, let's face it, it usually is)....."but", as she pointed out, "there's a reason a man is rich, it's because of the way he is, his talents, his personality, his ability to navigate the treacherous world without getting snared, (ie. keep his money when he gets it) etc etc". She said, "maybe the woman is attracted by that that he utilised to get himself rich and stay rich, no matter about his wrinkes".

I read that that 19 year old russian waitress that went with Ron didn't dump him beacause of his age, she said "it was the smell of booze on his breath first thing in the morning".

I'm sure in some cases it is the money that's the winning reason but I had to concede that it may not always be the case.

Date: July 2, 2023 18:28

Sure EB, but those things go hand in hand: Success, high status, money, fame. It doesn't work the other way around though.
The woman's attractiveness still depends on beauty and young age. The contract is the same.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 2, 2023 18:49

Stoneage
Sure EB, but those things go hand in hand: Success, high status, money, fame. It doesn't work the other way around though.
The woman's attractiveness still depends on beauty and young age. The contract is the same.

As a generalisation, you are probably right but personally, I know some fantastic women who are well past their physical sell by date (as am I) .....Personally, I think the most attractive thing about a person or not, is what they have to say........
As for this Mick thing, I would put good money on her being bright, refined and eloquent and probably a good sense of humour apart from anything else.
I wouldn't put money on Mick going with anyone (except for a one nighter perhaps) no matter how pretty etc if they only had an IQ of 14 (for example)

Date: July 2, 2023 19:46

Sure EB, and in Sir Michael's case I'm sure it rejuvenates him having a lover 43 years younger than himself. He has to keep up with trends, tik-tok or whatever, and don't lose touch with younger generations.
Wasn't it Mr Richards who called him a Peter Pan? Forever young...

I seem to remember a Swedish celebrity, and somewhat an intellectual, who swapped his wife for a younger model but ultimately gave up on his younger lover.
He said the sex was great but what are we going to talk about in the morning?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 2, 2023 22:00

sex was great but what are we going to talk about in the morning?

There's plenty to talk about...
They're always fascinated hearing about your first gramophone
The time you saw Houdini perform ... Fashions of Roaring Twenties etc etc

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 2, 2023 23:04

Seemingly this seems to be a very important issue for Mr. Stoneage. I wonder why.

- Doxa

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 2, 2023 23:09

Rockman

Good point

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 2, 2023 23:22

Rockman

A contender for your best ever, Terry.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 2, 2023 23:57

How ya lead all the pussy
cats onta the Ark usually spins em too Bill

Hhhhaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: July 3, 2023 10:55

does Mick still enjoy good sex ? or haven't he anybody to talk in the mornings ?
the answer for both would probably be "no".

so we are ought to assume they're in love

Date: July 3, 2023 13:15

Doxa
Seemingly this seems to be a very important issue for Mr. Stoneage. I wonder why.

- Doxa

It's not, really. I'm more interested in the phenomena with geriatric male celebrities like Jagger, De Niro, Pacino or even Murdoch courting women in their 30s (not Murdoch though). The phenomena as such. Nothing else.
But in Jagger's case you can't help noticing that his private life has gotten more attention in media than the artistic output of The Rolling Stones these last decades. And that's a phenomena in itself. Whatever we think about it.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 3, 2023 17:33

NathanLaze
does Mick still enjoy good sex ? or haven't he anybody to talk in the mornings ?
the answer for both would probably be "no".

so we are ought to assume they're in love

I would guess most probably "yes," for the first, and not sure what you mean by the second.

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home