Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: 2023 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 28, 2023 01:37

I don't know about the feelings in Germany, but it was great to see thousands of Latvians here in Tampere today. Fantastic mood. It was a great achievement for them to get into semifinals. And they did play well against Canada. Actually it had been better if they had played in Riga where they won Sweden. And when the whole country went nuts.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-28 01:38 by Doxa.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 28, 2023 10:24

I'd bet the Latvians are more motivated to get that bronze medal than the Americans. And agree, best fans of the tournament. (Honorable mention: Hungarian and Swiss fans!)

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 28, 2023 11:46

Doxa
I don't know about the feelings in Germany, but it was great to see thousands of Latvians here in Tampere today. Fantastic mood. It was a great achievement for them to get into semifinals. And they did play well against Canada. Actually it had been better if they had played in Riga where they won Sweden. And when the whole country went nuts.

- Doxa

In Germany, it is essentially about football, then football and then football again. Ice hockey is also one of the popular public sports. But there are only about 22,000 active players. That's not a small number, but compared to the big ice hockey nations, it's not exactly a lot. Nevertheless, great progress has been made in recent years. The training of the players has improved considerably. There are now several German players who are top performers in the NHL. Leon Draisaitl is the decisive man in Edmonton with Connor McDavid. He is not even playing in this World Cup. However, the times when Germany lost 1:17 against the Soviet Union or the Czech Republic are over. Back then we were happy about the one goal, today we are happy about the final.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 28, 2023 14:37

Robert Johnson
today we are happy about the final.

I hope you don't settle with that. Because then Canada will eat you in the final. They have a winning mentality you see. You can be the better team after 59 minutes, leading with two goals - Canada will still win on overtime.
I hope Germany is mentally prepared for that and not happy with just making it to the final. This is your chance!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 28, 2023 14:53

5 reasons why Germany is in the final (IIHF article by Lucas AYKROYD)

Bjornulf

Date: May 28, 2023 17:50

Congratulations to Latvia for winning the bronze medal on overtime vs USA. Great game!

Bjornulf

Date: May 28, 2023 17:59

Huge!

Date: May 28, 2023 20:45

So glad for Latvia! The fans go crazy here in Tampere. That's the spirits! This is the best thing that happen to an international ice hockey family. I recall the times when Finland got the first medals. It was such a huge thing.

Now, if Germany can beat Canada in the final..

- Doxa

Date: May 28, 2023 21:08

Doxa
So glad for Latvia! The fans go crazy here in Tampere. That's the spirits!

Oh, I bet. Beer, too.

Date: May 28, 2023 21:11

Topi
Doxa
So glad for Latvia! The fans go crazy here in Tampere. That's the spirits!

Oh, I bet. Beer, too.

Lots of it, I can tell! smileys with beer

- Doxa

Date: May 28, 2023 22:35

Congratulations to Team Canada for winning the championship. Also, great work from Germany, but Canada was a stronger team.

Bjornulf

Date: May 28, 2023 22:36

Canada gets the gold and moves to sole possession of first place in the all-time medal table. 28 x gold as opposed to Soviet Union's and Russia's 27 combined.

Good on the Germans, they gave Canada a run for their money.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 28, 2023 22:54

Congrats to Team Canada! Adam Fantilli, who will be chosen second in this years NHL draft behind Connor Bedard, wins World Jr Championship and World Championship in the same year! Last one to do that was Jonathan Toews. Congrats to Milan Lucic, who is in the twilight of his career, but played well in the tournament. Hopefully he'll get signed by some team, still a good 4th liner.

Congrats to Germany, I heard this is their first medal since 1953 and congrats to Latvia for winning Bronze.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1719
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home