Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Young danish Girl is often pilot for Mick Jagger
Posted by: EggersBand ()
Date: May 19, 2023 23:43

[nyheder.tv2.dk]
This danish Girl flys vip persons in Europe.
She is fund of Mick Jagger because he is humble and a nerd in Ariel navigation.

Re: Young danish Girl is often pilot for Mick Jagger
Posted by: EggersBand ()
Date: May 19, 2023 23:45

Ups link is [nyheder.tv2.dk]

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 21, 2023 01:02

As a 17-year-old, Line Krongaard Jacobsen entered the Billund Air Center pilot school. When she got out, she was one of the youngest commercial pilots in Europe.

Line Krongaard Jacobsen held tight to the control stick of her Cessna Conquest 425 heading towards the airport in Wilhemshaven in Northern Germany.

It was January 29, 2021 around noon, and outside the plane the temperature was just below freezing. Inside the cabin it was warm.

"Braking action good", it sounded from the control tower, so the landing conditions should be good.

It was important to land as quickly as possible.

Because with her on the plane she had a team of transplant surgeons. They had to collect a set of donor lungs to be flown on to another patient.

She had only been a pilot for two years, and this kind of flying had already become everyday.

But this flight was not like the others.
Line Krongaard Jacobsen is not only a rare sight in the cockpits because she is young. She is also a woman.

This is both an advantage, but it can also turn out to be a disadvantage. So at some point she may have to make a choice that will determine her future.
By plane to post-secondary school

The thing about flying doesn't come from strangers. Her father and grandfather have private pilot certificates, and a small plane was kept in a barn near the childhood home.

It also helped to cut the transport time to Samsø Efterskole from 5 hours to 15 minutes from home at Mols.

- It was probably the best transport option I've ever had, being allowed to take off from the backyard and fly directly to the after-school and land on a football field, she says.

Despite that, it was not written in the stars that Line Jacobsen should take the next step and get a job above the clouds.

- After the ninth grade, I didn't quite know what I was going to do and was perhaps a bit tired of school. Then I decided to take the plunge and get a private pilot's license.

At 16, she flew a small propeller plane alone for the first time.

In order for her to get to the airport in Tirstrup, she had to get a moped driver's license - she didn't have to be driven to a plane by someone else, she had to fly herself, she thought.

Before long she had her private pilot's license.....

I have quite a few guests who think I am their stewardess
Line Krongaard Jacobsen, pilot, ProAir

Everything was perfect. She could live wherever she wanted in Europe, and when she had to fly the private plane, the head office would arrange the flight to and from home including accommodation.

Before long she was sitting in one of the company's brand new Phenom 300E planes.

Where the job in the ambulance plane was anything but glamorous, there was now champagne and caviar on board.

Now she flies music stars, world-renowned sportsmen, politicians and other privileged people around Europe.

The kind that leaves champagne, which she then has to pour down the drain at the airport.

She won't say who she's flying with. But she would like to mention Mick Jagger from the Rolling Stones, because he allowed her to have a picture with him.

- I fly him often. He is a super friendly man who is very passionate about flying.

He must always enter the cockpit and have the flight number so he can follow the flight through an app on his iPad.
Line Krongaard Jacobsen with Mick Jagger from the Rolling Stones. Jagger is interested in flying himself, so he always asks for the plane's information, which he can then enter on his iPad and follow the flight through an app. Photo: Private photo

The job also takes her weekly to destinations most people only visit on holidays.

I've had some come up to the cockpit and say, "That champagne doesn't serve itself"
Line Krongaard Jacobsen, pilot, ProAir

- I don't look like the classic pilot

Sometimes the passengers get confused about Line Jacobsen's role in the private plane.

- I have quite a few guests who think I am their stewardess. But I also know that I don't look like the classic pilot - especially if I don't have my jacket on if it's a hot day.
Line Krongaard Jacobsen in the private plane Phenom 300e. Photo: Line Krongaard Jacobsen

- I've had some come up to the cockpit and say: "That champagne doesn't serve itself". I think they were a little surprised when they found out that I actually landed the plane.

Although it may be strange to her, it also reminds her of one of the benefits of the job.

- There are many disadvantages to being a woman in this profession. But one of the benefits is that people remember you. Because only five percent of the world's pilots are women.

View this post on Instagram

A high price

But as I said, there is also a disadvantage.

Because what is the price of being a young woman and having a life of long working days away from family and friends? She works seven days a week away from home and then has five days off.

- Of course, being away for a long time can be difficult. But the job gives me some experiences and some experience. Later, it may well be that I fly for SAS from Aarhus, then I can be home every afternoon. But now I am independent and have only myself to think about.

It can be especially difficult if she wants to have children.

- This is where being a woman is no advantage. Because according to the rules, I can only fly up to the first six months of pregnancy, and then I have some maternity leave afterwards. At the same time, you must keep your certificates up to date. So some companies prefer not to hire women - especially not those who want to have children, she says.

Line Krongaard Jacobsen believes that having children is a few years in the future. If it were to become relevant, she would have to make a decisive choice.

Because children don't rhyme with business jet, which is what she flies now.

If she is going to have children, she will prioritize family life, and then she hopes to be able to get a job with either SAS or Danish Air Transport (DAT), so that she can be based in Aarhus and be home every evening.

Until then, she is just enjoying the job and is happy that the many moped rides and long days of teaching have paid off.

- It is surreal to think that it is possible if you just want it and have the self-discipline and motivation to do it.

Both parts still fail nothing.

So Line Jacobsen continues undisturbed the pilot dream with stardust on the airways.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 21, 2023 01:06

Flight 505 .........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 21, 2023 01:17

Rockman
Flight 505 .........
you think he was hoping to make it to a remote island with the young female pilot?

With my suitcase in my hand.
In my head, my new life.
So then I told the airline girl
"Well, get me on flight number 505,
Get me on flight number 505."
Alright.

Well, I sat right there in my seat.
Well, feeling like a king.
With the whole world right at my feet.
"Of course I'll have a drink!"

Well, suddenly I saw
That we never ever would arrive.
He put the plane down in the sea.
The end of flight number 505.
Alright.

When they put the plane down in the sea.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 21, 2023 02:17

YEAH those final lyrics
can give one the cold shivers ......

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2197
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home