Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dear norwegians..
Posted by: Larso ()
Date: December 1, 2005 17:18

..dear..østlendinger(people from the east) og nordlendinger (people from north) and other norwegians..
Must say i still can`t believe that the stones will come to Bergen, my home town, next year...Bergen; a little town ( only 250.000 inhabitants)in this little country...To qoute a famous norwegian tv journalist Davy Wathne: "The Stones coming to Bergen is just as big as if Brann( the local football club) would have won the UEFA Champions League.."
Eventhough many Oslopeople must be pissed off i welcome them and others(trøndere, sørlendinger etc) to celebrate the greatest band on the planet in our beautiful city( let`s keep fingers crossed it won`t rain!) next june...

Re: Dear norwegians..
Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 1, 2005 17:31

Living in Oslo but might not even go there. No, not because of the football or the terrible beer :-)
Almost cheaper to fly to Europe and get a FOS ticket, cheaper hotels, duty free on the way back, better support bands in Europe.
Got Munich and Frankfurt tickets so far (and New York and Chicago in January).

TE
Oslo
BTW: I actually like Bergen!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 1, 2005 17:38

You know for most people from Østlandet i.e. the Oslo area (me included) Bergen is like going abroad. Different language (feels like). Rain 20 out of 10 days. Actually I have experienced rain on and off three times in Bergen on my way from the airport to a customer. During a 45 minutes drive. And now I am talking about rain, clear sky, rain, clear sky, rain, not just any shower... Well rain is ok, and in the summer may be not so much(?), but when you have sold out all hotel rooms in Bergen before the Stones tickets even go on sale then you have a problem. We have to bring our tents I suppose, or cars driving home in the night. PS. Hansa beer is among my favorites though, and I love Bergen still, rain or shine!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Larso ()
Date: December 1, 2005 21:15

Sounds good, your welcome...
Actiually, speaking of the weather,on an extreme day it could be winter, summer, spring and autumn in one day in Bergen.

And surely, the town will be turned upside down this first week of june i`m sure..smiling smiley

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 1, 2005 21:17

Congrat, Larso.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 1, 2005 21:29

Don't worry about hotel rooms in Bergen by the way. In the summer there are lots of "Rom" (Room for rent) signs up by the roads in the summer. And where there are housing room there are room by heart as well (that is a bad translation of an old Norwegian saying).

Bjornulf

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 1, 2005 21:31

I´m buying the cheapest tent I can get smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: December 1, 2005 23:52

Hei, I live in Trondheim, but I must admitt that I think Bergen is a perfect location for the concert. Really looking forward! By the way, does anyone know how I can get pre-sale tickets (I'm not a member on the official site)?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 1, 2005 23:54

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: December 1, 2005 23:57

Thank's a lot erikjjf!

Date: December 2, 2005 00:20

Here's the link for the tent-people : [www.bcp.no]

And a flight-link : [www.norwegian.no]

Anyway, you just one need one night's sleep, then drive to the ferry for Jutland. Duty free and all. Lots of hotels in Jutland. And then the next Stones-concert will be just around the corner.....if you can make it. Seems to be quite a long ride.
I congratulate Bergen, but I cannot make it there. Tough luck.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 2, 2005 00:42

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-24 22:16 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: December 2, 2005 00:48

A friend of mine in high school did an exchange program from Seattle to Bergen for a few months. He enjoyed his time there and drank a lot of Hansa and enjoyed the "pen piker". For the people in Østlandet, is the beer of choice Pils?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 2, 2005 00:55

Bergen is great for dogs. I always buy my dogs fish in the market (torfisk) and wild sheep skins to sleep on. I look and smell disgusting flying home to London, but hey - do I care ? My dogs LOVE me when I get home from Norway !!!

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: December 2, 2005 00:55

Isn't the fish market the fisketorget?

Posted by: Ringo Kid ()
Date: December 2, 2005 01:45

BV - why is all the hotels full?
I wonder - if you look at the date: 06.06.06 - Sympathy For The Devil!?? (this is taken from a guy at the forum over at RRAF)
Isn´t Varg Vikernes from Bergen? maybe a lot of black metal people have booked hotel rooms? If so, this can be one scary/special night! I´m getting chills down my spine!
Anyway, if I get a ticket to the show, I think it´s a little more exciting that it is in Bergen than Oslo, and yes, even Trondheim (I live in Trondheim). I enjoyed Bergen very much when I was there in february, and the rain one night - it was raining sideways, very hard rain too! It wasn´t a dry spot on all my body:-) That´s Bergen for ya!

------------------------------
[rockandrollcentral.net]
------------------------------

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 2, 2005 13:38

"Pils" is another word for beer. Its no particular label/brand, just beer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home