Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1962-2022
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: April 17, 2023 08:04

They have created a history. They just have nothing to prove. None of the band can survived more than 10 years or 5 years. But ROLLING STONES did survive for 60 years.No one thought they would carry on for 20 years, let alone 60 years. I understand that they did have hiccups in the middle like loss of Brian Jones, Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman quitting. However they found almost able replacement for Mick Taylor that is Ronnie Wood. However they had major hiccup in 2021, loss of Charlie Watts. But still they pulled it up somehow.

All the albums of them sounds great. There are some critics here who claims Dirty Work and Steel Wheel are not good. But I find them quite good. All the albums sounds good right from there first album till blue and lonesome sounds good.

Re: 1962-2022
Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: April 17, 2023 10:49

Can´t agree more!

Priest

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 17, 2023 23:46

Can't disagree more. Undercover is one of their worst, and Dirty Work is no treat. Babylon sounds dated. Between the Buttons is slight, compared to their other sixties work. And of course Satanic Majesties is a bit of trainwreck, with some redeeming tracks.

If they do release a new album they will have passed many legends on longevity, including the imperial Duke Ellington. Of course he played a hell of a lot of one nighters into middle age.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 18, 2023 00:28

pftw04
There are some critics here who claims Dirty Work and Steel Wheel are not good.

There are no critics here, only fans. grinning smiley

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: April 18, 2023 00:33

24FPS
Can't disagree more. Undercover is one of their worst, and Dirty Work is no treat. Babylon sounds dated. Between the Buttons is slight, compared to their other sixties work. And of course Satanic Majesties is a bit of trainwreck, with some redeeming tracks.

If they do release a new album they will have passed many legends on longevity, including the imperial Duke Ellington. Of course he played a hell of a lot of one nighters into middle age.
It always amazes me to what extend opinions about the band's work can differ – the albums you mention are some of my favorites. I became a fan because of Undercover and Dirty Work and still love those albums. I think Between The Buttons (mono mix) and Satanic Majesties (first mono mix from first UK pressing) include some of their best recordings from the 1960s. And the only thing about Babylon that I don't like is the artwork.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home