Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keeping My Faith
Posted by: Fivebyfive ()
Date: December 1, 2005 16:51

I have really been wondering if I should buy a ticket at all: the threads about Ronnie playing/not playing and really hating it all; the mystery back-stage guitar; the ol war horses filling up the second half of the show; the expensive tickets; Is it a choice between staying away and keeping my faith as a fan, or buying the ticket and be f.... disappointed??

But then, what the hell, somehow we forgive them, don't we? It's rock and roll, it's business, it's great music, it's roots, it's people getting drunk and stoned and vomiting, it's ear-splitting loud and it's the Stones! So heck, I'm going, I may even endure the trek to some far away cattle field (Jutland) to see them, if they pass on the time-honoured and obvious choice of venue of Copenhagen.

Let it Rock!!

Re: Keeping My Faith
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 1, 2005 16:53

There's only one way to find out if you like them: Go to a show and judge for yourself. Always the best way.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: December 1, 2005 17:08

A true fan NEVER EVER have doubts about going!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 1, 2005 17:10

that's true - I used to be a 'true fan'

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 1, 2005 17:10

I would have had my doubts at the first Stones concert in The Joint in Las Vegas last tour. The millionaire birthday party concert that was.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: December 1, 2005 17:13

Hold your horses there, friends, I'm just saying that my impression of the lads can get rather torn and frayed, but in the end we bother anyway, cause there's only one Stones!

Let it Rock!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 1, 2005 17:15

If you suspect that your woman is giving it away to everyone in town, would you want to not know anything about it only to keep your faith in the lady?

C

Date: December 1, 2005 17:19

Wow that's deep, liddas! What would everyone in town think about you then? Let's stick to the subject

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 1, 2005 17:33

The only place I EVER read anything remotely sour about a Stones show is ere!

Try the reviews section, national press etc. etc almost all glowing.

You'd have to chop my knees off with a rusty spoon to stop me going.....

Ronnie miserable? Yeah right, he was born smiling
Extra guitarist backstage...... can you really see KR ever doing that?
Its a Stones show...... of course your gonna get 'Warhorses'..... it aint stamp collecting its a RnR show!!!

So ignore the 'prozac posse' and flippin well enjoy yourself......

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 1, 2005 17:52

Fivebyfive Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

the
> mystery back-stage guitar;

I never understood this rumour. They already have a extra guitarist with Blondie ON THE STAGE so why on earth would they go through the trouble of hiding someone backstage??!?!?!?!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 1, 2005 18:05

If you read the reviews then you will see that most people are happy and they are doing great shows on this tour.

Bjornulf

Date: December 1, 2005 18:08

Thanks Bjornulf, good to hear!

Let it Rock!

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 1, 2005 18:15

you will cry you will die if you miss the stones in 2006..
i've seen them on every tour since 1975..and they are better than ever...much better than the last few tours...the bigger bang tour has a lot more stones and a lot less chuck, lisa etc...more stones and less fillers..

funny thing i found was that all the stones fans crying about the high ticket prices..well non of them talk about the price after seeing the boys! because they gave their fans their monies worth...

this could be their last big tour with a great album to tour with. you would be crazy if you are a stones fan to miss this one..
in fact i think anyone who likes rock should catch a stones show..they will see what a rock and roll show is all about!

Posted by: drake ()
Date: December 1, 2005 18:46

Go! smiling smiley

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: December 1, 2005 18:52

Definitely go and have a great time! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1308
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home