Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

how to change the setlist..................
Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: December 1, 2005 15:45

the recently ended bob dylan tour.i met your very own GAZZA at the last two shows in Dublin...........top man.

[pool.dylantree.com]

Re: how to change the setlist..................
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 1, 2005 16:47

who, Dylan or Gazza?

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: December 1, 2005 17:21

Average number of songs per concert: 16.26

What time is Bob going to bed these days?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 1, 2005 17:29

I remember seing a Bob Dylan concert between Stones shows (or actually before) in Sydney 2003, and after he had done a song I realizd it was "Blowing In The Wind" (I think it was). What is the point of doing a song so differently that you don't even recognize it? Well the hard core liked it. May be I was jetlagged. Anyway I think it is nice to recognize a song when I am at a concert. Some new songs are ok. But if the whole set is unknown then I might just as well go for a swim.

Bjornulf

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 1, 2005 18:11

well, BV - didn't you like it when the Stones changed up on 19th Nervoous Breakdown? I thought it was a good, dylan-like move and I think the consensus was that everyone that it was a good idea.

Date: December 1, 2005 19:16

if you want a faithful reproduction of the record why not stay indoors and listen to the record....................

Date: December 1, 2005 20:06

the Stones shows go on for a few minutes longer than Dylans.Bob only plays the songs and quickly introduces the band.take out the lenghty Stones cast of thousands intros and Jaggers constant "oh yeahs" "well alrights" etc and Bob actually plays for longer..........

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: December 1, 2005 20:49

That is rigth, Dylan plays longer and has some creative imagination. Stones has nothing, that is why this tour so far sucks. You look at how many times Miss You Tumbling Dice, Start me up, Satisfaction etc been played at almost every show its disgusting.

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: December 1, 2005 20:52

bv -

Complaining about Dylan's setlist is simply worthless. There's nothing you can do to make him change it, which is great 'cause he's the ultimate creative genius. You just wasted a few minutes of your life writing that nonsense. If you complain about setlists and interpretations of tunes it's a sign of the fact that you're either bored with your life or too old to rock'n'roll.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 1, 2005 23:14

Rank Outsider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Complaining about Dylan's setlist is simply
> worthless.

Thats right, He so F&*%@#G bad to begin with why even get to that point in the conversation.

Posted by: orange cow ()
Date: December 1, 2005 23:17

i have a feeling the setlist will change (somewhat) after this leg of the tour.
Would like to hear Hang Fire or even Gimme Shelter now (even if GS has been over played)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2068
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home