Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: OT: PowerTrip 2023
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 11, 2023 20:54

powerage78
Simon Wright on FB smileys with beer :

Congratulations Matt Laug on your new gig with Acdc ! Wishing you all the best !!

Were either Simon or Chris contacted by the band?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 11, 2023 20:57

I know its a rehearsal clip, but Brian doesn't sound too great there either. At least not good enough that I'm surprised that's what they'd share. Whole thing sounds pretty lackluster. Also, Axl could sing that Bon stuff really well, I'm surprised they'd have Brian singing some of it. Most of the Bon stuff they resurrected with Axl they hadn't played in decades. If Brian doesn't have the stamina for it, just play the tried and true show IMO.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: September 11, 2023 23:07

powerage78
Yes, but I'm really disappointed for Phil...
Maybe in Europe, if there's a tour and he can travel...

Was thinking the same.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 12, 2023 02:53

RollingFreak
I know its a rehearsal clip, but Brian doesn't sound too great there either. At least not good enough that I'm surprised that's what they'd share. Whole thing sounds pretty lackluster. Also, Axl could sing that Bon stuff really well, I'm surprised they'd have Brian singing some of it. Most of the Bon stuff they resurrected with Axl they hadn't played in decades. If Brian doesn't have the stamina for it, just play the tried and true show IMO.

I wouldn't read too much into it as he isn't in perforance mode. For example Mick basically talks the songs during rehearsals.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 23, 2023 16:27

AC/DC stars Cliff Williams and Brian Johnson graciously sign autographs for fans outside their hotel in Beverly Hills, California.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 24, 2023 22:42

Also very good, classic:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 25, 2023 02:45

schwonek
Also very good, classic:

[www.youtube.com]

Yes, great show, one of Bon's last in Paris, from the LTBR film. What a show that would have been, with Judas Priest opening, two young up and coming bands on the verge of stardom.
Now, 44 years later, the two bands will share the stage again at Powerup!

Date: October 6, 2023 08:58

Brian, 76 !
Tomorrow, let there be rock hot smiley

Date: October 8, 2023 11:02

Grey Angus hairs.

If you want blood
Back in black
Demon Fire
Shot down in flames
Thunderstruck
Have a drink on me
Hells Bells
Shot in the Dark
Stiff Upper Lip
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Shoot to Thrill
Sin City
Given a Dog a Bone
Rock'n'Roll Train
You Shook me All Night Long
Dog eat Dog
High Voltage
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
Riff Raff
Highway to Hell
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There be Rock
T.N.T.
For Those About to Rock

Desert Sun review
[eu.desertsun.com]

Date: October 8, 2023 13:06

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 8, 2023 13:11

Just listened to a few songs. Sadly it seems like Brian Johnson lost a lot of his voice. Nethertheless I hope they'll tour once more with Cliff and Brian. Maybe in Europe it'll be possible with Phil.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: October 8, 2023 15:09

This guy on YT always has the best footage -- [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: October 8, 2023 15:14

"duckwalk" around 1:50 min.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 8, 2023 15:29

Milan
This guy on YT always has the best footage -- [www.youtube.com]

Matteo Lee? winking smiley

Date: October 8, 2023 15:36

Brian struggles on vocally demanding tracks like Back In Black and Thunderstruck, which are a real pain to sing.
But on the whole, he pulls it off, which is a pleasant surprise.
Angus is the real deal, with his grey hair. Bluffing. The band plays tight and precise, and on drums Matt Laug does an excellent job.

Date: October 8, 2023 17:22

[www.loudersound.com]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 8, 2023 17:26

Listening to Brian I realize once again how extremely lucky we are that Mick's voice is still so strong at 80.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 8, 2023 19:27

StonedRambler
Listening to Brian I realize once again how extremely lucky we are that Mick's voice is still so strong at 80.

Agree

Date: October 8, 2023 19:58

I am here. AC/DC was great. I hurt all over

Date: October 8, 2023 22:16

How Angus still does it I'll never know. When I saw them in 2016, I marveled at how he was the ONLY one who was up there for 2 and a half hours and didn't stop moving. He appears to not have lost a step. The stage must give him right and as much as Angus is properly rated in the history of rock, his youthful energy at almost 70 is truly inspiring and not talked about enough.

Date: October 8, 2023 22:19

That's absolutely true for me Mick, but he's not a hard rock singer, he's not Steven Tyler and he's certainly not Brian Johnson.
Or I want to hear him sing Back In Black, Thunderstruck or For Those About To Rock.

Date: October 8, 2023 22:46

powerage78
That's absolutely true for me Mick, but he's not a hard rock singer, he's not Steven Tyler and he's certainly not Brian Johnson.
Or I want to hear him sing Back In Black, Thunderstruck or For Those About To Rock.

Exactly! I wonder how the songs would sound if they played in a lower key. I was surfing Youtube last night to check out the songs. Good to see Riff Raff on the setlist! Read rumours that a tour will be announced next week! Also read about how the crowd wasn't too enthusiastic, but with a crowd comprised of a lot of 40 and 50 somethings as well as being out in the hot weather for several hours would have something to do with it!

Iron Maiden just played Vancouver, I didn't bother going having seen them recently in 2016 and 2019. Saw their setlist and glad I didn't go. I love Maiden but I don't want to hear 5 songs from their newest album and a bunch of deep cuts. I figured they would change their setlist and do a "Legacy of the Beast" setlist but it appears they stuck to the same setlist that they've done this year. Read reports that a lot of the crowd wasn't too thrilled, understandably.

Date: October 9, 2023 00:44

DGA35
powerage78

Exactly! I wonder how the songs would sound if they played in a lower key. I was surfing Youtube last night to check out the songs. Good to see Riff Raff on the setlist! Read rumours that a tour will be announced next week! Also read about how the crowd wasn't too enthusiastic, but with a crowd comprised of a lot of 40 and 50 somethings as well as being out in the hot weather for several hours would have something to do with it!

Iron Maiden just played Vancouver, I didn't bother going having seen them recently in 2016 and 2019. Saw their setlist and glad I didn't go. I love Maiden but I don't want to hear 5 songs from their newest album and a bunch of deep cuts. I figured they would change their setlist and do a "Legacy of the Beast" setlist but it appears they stuck to the same setlist that they've done this year. Read reports that a lot of the crowd wasn't too thrilled, understandably.

I was so over Maiden years ago but I wanted to see this show for all the Somewhere In Time songs, my first album.

But they play a lot of festivals, even bigger ones, during tours and you get the tour setlist.

I appear to be the only one who liked GNR.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 9, 2023 00:57

powerage78

While of course the style of singing is also a factor, even more important is vocal health.

Mick quit smoking in his early 30s, took singing lessons for a more efficient technique and still practices daily.

It's no wonder to me that Brian as a lifelong smoker can't reach those high notes no more. He also admitted that he doesn't sing alone when he's not working with the band, that means he didn't sing much more the last years. Since the singing involves a lot of muscles that's also not beneficial.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-09 00:57 by StonedRambler.

Date: October 9, 2023 01:28

Full show:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 9, 2023 10:01

Would love to see Jailbreak.

I can't wait for a tour.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 9, 2023 10:25

any more info on those tour rumours? US? Europe?

Date: October 9, 2023 11:40

Well...at least Brian was singing live.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: October 9, 2023 13:07

At least Maiden have a vocalist who still can sing.

Date: October 9, 2023 13:48

PaintMonkeyManBlack
any more info on those tour rumours? US? Europe?

FWIW, Eddie Trunk thinks a tour announcement is imminent.

[twitter.com]

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2069
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home