Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
OT: PowerTrip 2023
Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: March 29, 2023 06:49

Re: OT: PowerTrip 2023
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: March 29, 2023 10:41

YES spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: March 29, 2023 12:22

Ozzy?!

Will he be sitting in some sort of seat or throne the way Axl/DC did it?

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: March 29, 2023 12:33

It's a shame it's called power trip.
Riley gale is no longer with us. Fentanyl
Soon southern lord will issue their 'live in Seattle '. Pick it up as soon as it's here.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 29, 2023 13:03

Day 2 would be awesome, the other 2 days ok. Not the hugest fan of Iron Maiden or Tool. Both of those I like the old stuff, the new not so much. Metallica & G n R both put on good shows. Alas, this would be too much for me on the health front. BTW: Love the Ozzy Playstation commercial.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 29, 2023 14:41

Not directly connected, but I've been watching an ad poster at my local bus stop for upcoming Metallica shows in Helsinki in July. It is called 'No Repeat Weekend'. Interesting concept: two shows, two different setlists, two different warming acts. Starting with 129 Euros, so not so bad price for the whole package (for the fans, I mean. Not that I would go).

- Doxa

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: March 29, 2023 14:50

Interesting who plays in current ac/dc line up.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: March 29, 2023 14:55

bisonvodka

Yes, a real question. Hope for Brian, Phil, Cliff, Stevie and you know... Angus smiling smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: March 29, 2023 15:03

Doxa
Not directly connected, but I've been watching an ad poster at my local bus stop for upcoming Metallica shows in Helsinki in July. It is called 'No Repeat Weekend'. Interesting concept: two shows, two different setlists, two different warming acts. Starting with 129 Euros, so not so bad price for the whole package (for the fans, I mean. Not that I would go).

- Doxa
They put the tickets for Seattle on sale almost 2 years ahead of the shows.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: March 29, 2023 15:20

Saw lately somewhere that Brian is involved, It's just a rumor but hope true.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 29, 2023 16:57

Last month Ozzy said he'd stopped touring. Guessing a festival here or there isn't considered touring. Maybe he can do one of those "mini-tours," I hear so much about on this site. Haha!

Side note: Never seen AC/DC. Hope they tour near me!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 29, 2023 17:17

I love a lot of these bands. This would have been great 30 years ago but really see no value in it compared to 2016. Where some acts weren't playing much and had unique sets. Which I got into for $160 reserved bleacher and paid like $450 for accommodations but feel I paid too much.

GNR - same set they always do, same set since 2016

Iron Maiden - still sounds great but I was regularly getting in for $20 well into the reunion era and they play a 100% static setlist. Could fly somewhere to see the same show in a smaller place. If they have a new album out it will probably be terrible and take up half the set.

AC/DC - no Malcolm, no AC/DC. Have my doubts they won't be completely washed up at this point either. If not I can probably just see elsewhere.

Ozzy - this really should have been Black Sabbath but he will be sitting and lip syncing, will appear half dead. Probably also has highest cancelation rate of any artist, ever.

Metallica & Tool I haven't seen the 1990's. There's a reason for that.

I am actually relieved it doesn't have any must see acts.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 29, 2023 17:23

Dan
I love a lot of these bands. This would have been great 30 years ago but really see no value in it compared to 2016. Where some acts weren't playing much and had unique sets. Which I got into for $160 reserved bleacher and paid like $450 for accommodations but feel I paid too much.

Iron Maiden - still sounds great but I was regularly getting in for $20 well into the reunion era and they play a 100% static setlist. Could fly somewhere to see the same show in a smaller place. If they have a new album out it will probably be terrible and take up half the set.

AC/DC - no Malcolm, no AC/DC. Have my doubts they won't be completely washed up at this point either. If not I can probably just see elsewhere.

Ozzy - this really should have been Black Sabbath but he will be sitting and lip syncing, will appear half dead. Probably also has highest cancelation rate of any artist, ever.

Who are your 6 must see acts?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 29, 2023 18:18

Definitely in the vein of Desert Trip but not bands I want to see. This will be well run festival though.

Date: March 29, 2023 18:46

NashvilleBlues
Dan

Who are your 6 must see acts?

I've already pretty much seen anyone it's possible to see.

Hopefully I wouldn't be forced into spending thousands seeing them all at once.

Bucket list: Jesus Jones, Slade, Golden Earring, Budgie but opportunities for the last 2 recently passed and so has Slade for that matter.

Reunions: Grotus, Geraldine Fibbers. Seen them plenty, would love to see again.

Festivals aren't my thing as are the concept of concerts as a once a year luxury event like a trip to Disney.

I remember 2013 ish suddenly fearing I would have to cough up big to see Bowie at Coachella or something.

Another classic rock spectacle was held up by exclusive contracts, competing promoters, competing egos and possibly the grim reaper.

Desert Trip II 2017 was already in the works in 2016 originally going to be the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac but Azoff threw a temper tantrum backstage over a tardy golf cart and took his acts to Live Nation which put together Classic West at Dodger Stadium.

Date: March 29, 2023 20:17

So cool! Would love to see acdc again

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 29, 2023 20:33

It's sort of reminiscent of Heavy Metal day during US Festival 83 which included Ozzy, Motley Crue, Scorpions, Judas Priest, Quiet Riot and Van Halen among others - all in one day!
Yet this is way more bloated being spread out over three days...with fewer bands (only two per day)...all are over the hill with nothing much left in the gas tank...and no doubt a thousand times more expensive.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 29, 2023 20:58

powerage78
bisonvodka

Yes, a real question. Hope for Brian, Phil, Cliff, Stevie and you know... Angus smiling smiley

Hoping it's that lineup. Also, I'm hoping they announce a farewell tour. Can't see them getting together, rehearsing, etc. just for one show!

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 29, 2023 22:13

Coachella in early October? Won't it still be kind of hot down there?

Hope it doesn't turn into Death Trip 2023.

Date: March 30, 2023 00:23

Javadave

Based on the scorching/melting heat of Desert Trip 2016, I imagine it will be blazing hell! And then there's the nasty desert dust which took its toll on poor old Micks throat resulting in one of the two *Vegas '16 shows being canceled!

DEATH TRIP 2023..eye popping smiley hot smiley...

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: March 30, 2023 02:43

Hairball
Javadave

Based on the scorching/melting heat of Desert Trip 2016, I imagine it will be blazing hell! And then there's the nasty desert dust which took its toll on poor old Micks throat resulting in one of the two *Vegas '16 shows being canceled!

DEATH TRIP 2023..eye popping smiley hot smiley...

Huh? I don’t remember it be scorching for the first weekend. Must be the difference of coming from Central Texas. I remember it being quite pleasant and comfortable, dusty, but comfortable temps.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Date: March 30, 2023 02:53

Maybe your memory has melted away lol...or yes the fact that you're from baking Central Texas. Being from the cooler temps of the Socal coast, I can tell you it was HOT in the inland desert- both weekends. They didn't have AC in the bathrooms for nothing!

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: March 30, 2023 03:01

Too bad they didn't book Sabbath instead of Ozzy... I'd be there in a heartbeat.. albeit, I'm a bit concerned that his last two performances were lip synced... might be the case with this show too

Date: March 30, 2023 04:49

BeastyBurdeny
Too bad they didn't book Sabbath instead of Ozzy... I'd be there in a heartbeat.. albeit, I'm a bit concerned that his last two performances were lip synced... might be the case with this show too

Oh absolutely. Tony & Geezer are 2 of the greatest musicians who ever lived and how bad the vocals are almost wouldn't matter. I mean the Tony Martin era is still enjoyable.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: March 30, 2023 06:46

DGA35
powerage78
bisonvodka

Hoping it's that lineup. Also, I'm hoping they announce a farewell tour. Can't see them getting together, rehearsing, etc. just for one show!

Been waiting for the AC/DC tour to tide me over til the Stones tour. That's for sure.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 30, 2023 17:17

It was real after all. Just got the e-mail.

Date: March 30, 2023 17:22

Topi
It was real after all. Just got the e-mail.

Ya, I got one from AC/DC. Let's hope they do a tour!

Date: March 30, 2023 17:24

Hairball
Maybe your memory has melted away lol...or yes the fact that you're from baking Central Texas. Being from the cooler temps of the Socal coast, I can tell you it was HOT in the inland desert- both weekends. They didn't have AC in the bathrooms for nothing!

Being from the even cooler temps of London, Desert Trip was on the warm side but I do remember the beer being cold.....which helped!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 30, 2023 17:25

[PowerTrip.live]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-30 19:50 by Irix.

Date: March 30, 2023 19:28

GA lawn tickets are a whopping $599. $799 for the cheapest reserved seats section. Pretty steep, especially considering most festivals are half the price for like 10 times the number of bands.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home