Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Nathan Levy - Rolling Stones Poster Collection Auction
Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: February 24, 2023 03:58

The Nathan Levy Rolling Stones Poster Collection Auction!!

Many of you will recall a couple of years ago our old friend Nat Levy sadly passed away. Nat was a wonderfully kind and generous guy. He had also amassed one of the biggest Stones collections in the world. His estate with the help of our other friend Matt Lee have put in place an auction of his huge poster collection (& many other RS items). There are many quality items here that would look good in any collection.... so have a look, and good luck with your bidding!!

[www.backstageauctions.com]

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-24 10:30 by rcfoxy.

Re: Nathan Levy - Rolling Stones Poster Collection Auction
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: February 24, 2023 18:51

Thank you for the link.
There's some really interesting stuff here...........BUT anyone thinking of buying needs to read the descriptions very carefully.

For example Lot 1050 is described as a poster for a live Stones concert in 1966 at the London Marquee Club.......but the Stones, as far as I know, never played the Marquee in 1966 ?

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: February 24, 2023 22:42

Kingbeebuzz
Thank you for the link.
There's some really interesting stuff here...........BUT anyone thinking of buying needs to read the descriptions very carefully.

For example Lot 1050 is described as a poster for a live Stones concert in 1966 at the London Marquee Club.......but the Stones, as far as I know, never played the Marquee in 1966 ?

Thanks, Kingbeebuzz, I agree for an inexperienced collector this lot is potentially confusing. I have asked the team at backstage auctions to make it much clearer as to what it is. The title is correct, a personality poster. I.e. it’s a souvenir shop made poster. The team at backstage have great integrity and would never look to mislead anyone. It was an awful lot of work to get to this point and I was happy to help because it’s what Nat would have done. Nat was the most kind and generous man and no one had more passion for our favourite band than him. I miss him greatly and treasure the items we traded.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 25, 2023 02:08

rcfoxy
The Nathan Levy Rolling Stones Poster Collection Auction!!

Many of you will recall a couple of years ago our old friend Nat Levy sadly passed away. Nat was a wonderfully kind and generous guy. He had also amassed one of the biggest Stones collections in the world. His estate with the help of our other friend Matt Lee have put in place an auction of his huge poster collection (& many other RS items). There are many quality items here that would look good in any collection.... so have a look, and good luck with your bidding!!

Very interesting stuff.

IMHO it's a more 'relatable' auction that many that pass by. The items are very much the sort of items that regular collectors can afford to go for. Not many of us could afford, for example, a MJ Stage outfit!

For many of us it will be very interesting to see the resulting prices, and compare them with what's on our shelves etc.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: April 1, 2023 03:40

The items that did not sell in Nat's auction are now available for regular sale. Still some nice items available at decent prices too. Good luck!!

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 1, 2023 03:59

Thanks, foxy, some nice items in there.

Matt, that looks like a tremendous amount of work to document and price all the prices, deserving much appreciation from us fans, ty.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 1, 2023 08:43

rcfoxy
The items that did not sell in Nat's auction are now available for regular sale. Still some nice items available at decent prices too. Good luck!!

Any way of getting to see how much the sold items went for?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: April 1, 2023 18:58

Backstage Auctions' Facebook page showed some of the items that sold, like the 1964 Selcor guitar. I have been unable to review the results of the auction other than the items I purchased.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 5, 2023 17:42

rcfoxy

Thanks Richard.
I got the item I wanted and it shipped out today...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1563
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home