Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger featured in new documentary "Little Richard: I Am Everything "
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 23, 2023 20:43

A new documentary on rock’s founding father Little Richard is heading to theaters in New York and LA on April 21.

Little Richard: I Am Everything premiered at Sundance. It details the life of the man born Richard Penniman, and how he pioneered a new form of gender-bending showmanship that was later adopted by everyone from Mick Jagger, Elton John and David Bowie to Prince and Harry Styles. 

His music, meanwhile, influenced generations, from The Beatles, Robert Plant and AC/DC, to Patti Smith and Michael Jackson, to Bruno Mars and Chris Cornell. 

Jagger is interviewed in the documentary about Richard’s influence, as is Emmy-winning actor and singer Billy Porter.

The documentary also covers Richard’s internal battle between rock and roll and religion, which led him to temporarily abandon secular music and switch to gospel in the late ’50s, and become ordained as a minister in 1970.

[www.oldies1079.fm]

Re: Mick Jagger featured in new documentary "Little Richard: I Am Everything "
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 23, 2023 21:57

Good to know. Thanks for sharing it!

I hope I will see it someday. Little Richard was one of his kind, and worth of any documentary and appraisal. And nice to see Mick involved.

- Doxa

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: February 23, 2023 22:11

Cristiano Radtke

A new documentary on rock’s founding father Little Richard is heading to theaters in New York and LA on April 21.

Little Richard: I Am Everything premiered at Sundance. It details the life of the man born Richard Penniman, and how he pioneered a new form of gender-bending showmanship that was later adopted by everyone from Mick Jagger, Elton John and David Bowie to Prince and Harry Styles. 

His music, meanwhile, influenced generations, from The Beatles, Robert Plant and AC/DC, to Patti Smith and Michael Jackson, to Bruno Mars and Chris Cornell. 

Jagger is interviewed in the documentary about Richard’s influence, as is Emmy-winning actor and singer Billy Porter.

The documentary also covers Richard’s internal battle between rock and roll and religion, which led him to temporarily abandon secular music and switch to gospel in the late ’50s, and become ordained as a minister in 1970.

[www.oldies1079.fm]

....not a good image of Mick....

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 24, 2023 05:04

finally

love little richard

mick being involved is just gravy

can't wait to see thissmiling smiley

"Little Richard: I Am Everything "
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 15, 2023 21:21

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 15, 2023 22:19

The outrageousness was an act for the public. I worked with him. Once you got him alone he was very quiet and humble.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 15, 2023 22:23

24FPS
The outrageousness was an act for the public. I worked with him. Once you got him alone he was very quiet and humble.
I wonder if they mention Esquerita as an influence?

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 15, 2023 23:15

Looking forward to this. Two of his guitarists/band members live here in the Shoals (Travis Wammack, Kelvin Holly), would be cool to see this shown here in town.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-15 23:17 by snoopy2.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 16, 2023 00:55

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 16, 2023 01:06

Mr Zimmerman with Bill Flanagan ......

ROCKMAN

OT: Good read on Little Richard
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 27, 2023 18:00

One of my fave performers. He was rock'n'roll. I remember my son as a toddler and around 5 or 6 years old still dancing to Little Richard's hits album along with jumpin' up and down on the couch to the hits. I daresay Little Richard laid the foundation for Chuck B and others.

[www.newyorker.com]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 17, 2023 16:39

Finally saw the movie, I Am Everything. Well worth seeing. A hugely talented, massively important, wildly conflicted man.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 1, 2023 06:47

A new Little Richard documentary will premiere in June 2 on PBS. Keith is one of the interviewees.

Little Richard: King and Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll

Premiere: 6/2/2023 | 00:00:28 | 

Experience the meteoric rise and enduring legacy of Little Richard. This portrait of the “King and Queen of Rock and Roll” explores his far-reaching influence as well as his advocacy for the rights of Black artists in the music
industry.

[www.pbs.org]

Re: Documentary "Little Richard: I Am Everything"
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 4, 2024 23:00

The 2023 documentary "Little Richard: I Am Everything" will also be shown by French/German public TV-broadcaster arte on 5-Apr-2024 - [www.arte.tv] , [www.arte.tv] .

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 5, 2024 19:50

jp.M

Then no need to quote it...

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: April 10, 2024 05:32

Little Richard: I Am Everything is a available on bluray and dvd. I bought the bluray a month or so ago. It's very good, and so is the PBS docu King and Queen of Rock and Roll. There's a good amount of overlap between them. They share some of the interview bits of the Stones -- different edits of the same video sources.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 10, 2024 14:49

Koen
jp.M

Then no need to quote it...

Yeah, if you can't say anything nice...

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 10, 2024 17:32

jp.M
Cristiano Radtke

[www.oldies1079.fm]

I see what you mean, even with the hair thing he's looking his age.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1739
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home