Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Station Hotel commemorates its Rolling Stones history
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 14, 2023 20:14

[richmond.nub.news]

Alas, I didn't see the article about the commemorative talk until today, when it was too late to go. A few inaccuracies: Mick and Keith are from Dartford, not Deptford!

Re: The Station Hotel commemorates its Rolling Stones history
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 14, 2023 21:36

Green Lady
[richmond.nub.news]

Alas, I didn't see the article about the commemorative talk until today, when it was too late to go. A few inaccuracies: Mick and Keith are from Dartford, not Deptford!

That photo showing Mick with the Beatles has been shared online as if it was taken at the Crawdaddy Club, but it was most likely taken backstage at the 1964 NME Poll Winners Concert.

"During the afternoon show, Mick Jagger and Brian Jones visited the Beatle dressing-room. The Stones by now commanded a massive following; they were, as Charles Champlin of the LA Times once said, the Avis of rock.

A huge smile illuminated Jagger’s young face and his merry eyes glittered with the delights of success. There was in that dressing-room a glow of liberated young people at large in a beckoning world, their pockets full of fivers, heads full of songs, bodies full of sexuality. Nothing could stop them now."

Derek Taylor
Fifty Years Adrift

[www.beatlesbible.com]

From the Richmond Nub News article:

"Barry May, then a reporter for the Richmond & Twickenham Times, and now Chairman of the Richmond Society, saw the Stones perform, and wrote about it in the local paper."

With eternal thanks to Deltics:

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 14, 2023 21:45

The "Raving Upon Thames" book mentioned in the article is available here:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

First time I've heard of it, but the reviews look good.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 14, 2023 22:51

Look how cooooool Mick looks beside them there Mop Tops ....

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1767
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home