Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rarities liner notes: Who is the dipshit author?
Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 2, 2005 00:11

YES on David Wild. A few years ago he somehow got an interview show on the Bravo network or something similar. Somehow - b/c he is the least telegenic person you can imagine. Resembles an out-of-shape hobbit. I caught the Lou Reed episode, which included live performances, but the interviews were terrible. I thought that kind of rock critic figure -- eager to seem cool, but in fact hopeless and snobbish -- went out by the end of the 70s.

I believe he also ended up doing liner notes for a coltrane boxed set, of all things. I don't know how he's made a career.

Is it really believed ron co-wrote "IORR"? I can't get over all these conspiracy theories for every great stones song. Somehow mick and keith haven't written any of them; they were all written by people who never wrote good songs for their own careers!

cc

Date: December 2, 2005 01:01

cc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it really believed ron co-wrote "IORR"? I can't
> get over all these conspiracy theories for every
> great stones song. Somehow mick and keith haven't
> written any of them; they were all written by
> people who never wrote good songs for their own
> careers!

It is real. Ronnie had come up with the riff and the original version was even recorded at The Wick (Ronnie's house) but since Mick Jagger had also contributed to "I can feel the fire" they both agreed to give the credits of "It's only rock'n'roll" to Jagger (i. e. Jagger/Richards) and the credits for "I can feel the fire" to Wood. I think this shows much about Wood's character and I believe it was some kind of an entry ticket to the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: gut ()
Date: December 2, 2005 01:30

A dipshit liner note author for a dipshit compilation. The songs are good but rarities, they ain't even near being. This album is comparable to "Sucking in the Seventies" in taht only a true fan would want it and that would be just to have it in their Stones collection....I'm guilty of that.

I doubt this piece of crap will even chart. The album cover is great but the Wyman snub is ridiculous.

I'm sorry but the Stones and company are pathetic in both marketing albums and just plain decency to fellow human beings like Bill.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1495
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home