Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Is there any news on the next set of Fully Finished Outtakes?
Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: February 12, 2023 15:21

I seem to remember there being talk of several more discs worth of fully finished outtakes and I'm wondering if there is any news regarding their release?

Re: Is there any news on the next set of Fully Finished Outtakes?
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 12, 2023 16:20

I think it's likely The Rolling Stones bought the leaker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-12 16:21 by 1962.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 12, 2023 16:24

By the way, the first 50 is fantastic material, isn't it?

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: February 12, 2023 16:35

By the way, the first 50 is fantastic material, isn't it?

It certainly is, that's why I'm desperate for more! smileys with beer

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 12, 2023 16:45

well as far as i can follow it either that was a misunderstanding based on the 3 original discs being labeled vol 1-3 instead of discs 1-3 so some seemed to think there where 2 more volumes coming

or

the guys who have the rest won't release more because there afraid of legal action from the band/universal etc.

or

the band already leaked what they wanted towinking smiley

mathijs is the one who posted that there is 150 tracks total and then that they won't be released because of legal pressure (if i'm remembering correctly)

but that was almost two years ago so it doesn't look good that we'll get anymore soon

mathijs if you read this have you heard anymore about what's going on with the remaining tracks or is it still the same situation?

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 12, 2023 19:02

smoking smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 12, 2023 19:37

We still seem to lack a consensus what the word "volume" means in this regard. The set consisted of three CDs and the comprehensiveness of it makes it unlikely there's any more to it.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 13, 2023 08:05

At the time the word was that there was more to come...it didn't happen, who knows why. Chances are someone put their foot down ! If the material is out there it will appear at some point. In the meantime we have the new album to look forward to with an announcement likely imminent.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stefanz ()
Date: February 13, 2023 21:30

gotdablouse
At the time the word was that there was more to come...it didn't happen, who knows why. Chances are someone put their foot down ! If the material is out there it will appear at some point...

YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 13, 2023 21:49

Well, "absolutely nothing" is a bit much. Gotdablouse knows plenty about many things. It is possible he was misinformed about this. That happens to all of us.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 13, 2023 22:28

stefanz
gotdablouse
At the time the word was that there was more to come...it didn't happen, who knows why. Chances are someone put their foot down ! If the material is out there it will appear at some point...

Well, gotdablouse pretty much admitted that he doesn't know much, just guessing. But since you are sure about him not knowing anything, the question arises: do you happen to know more?

- Doxa

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 14, 2023 00:30

stefanz

Interesting attitude .... for just a second post here.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 14, 2023 03:49

Irix
stefanz

Interesting attitude .... for just a second post here.

Considering the first post too, one cannot help but think that he/she/it is a troll.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 14, 2023 04:54

stefanz
gotdablouse

If the things that you know but gotdablouse doesn't have to do with the desparately anticipated new album you might want to spill some beans in the new album thread. A new buzz is always welcome there.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 14, 2023 05:01

Pump out more ... One of the best boots ever ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 14, 2023 05:48

Rocky Dijon
Well, "absolutely nothing" is a bit much. Gotdablouse knows plenty about many things. It is possible he was misinformed about this. That happens to all of us.

I stood in line one day for the 13th anniversary tour for DIRTY WORK. Tickets never went on sale.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 14, 2023 06:03

What number in line were you ????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 14, 2023 13:22

ProfessorWolf
well as far as i can follow it either that was a misunderstanding based on the 3 original discs being labeled vol 1-3 instead of discs 1-3 so some seemed to think there where 2 more volumes coming

or

the guys who have the rest won't release more because there afraid of legal action from the band/universal etc.

or

mathijs is the one who posted that there is 150 tracks total and then that they won't be released because of legal pressure (if i'm remembering correctly)

but that was almost two years ago so it doesn't look good that we'll get anymore soon

mathijs if you read this have you heard anymore about what's going on with the remaining tracks or is it still the same situation?

It still is my understanding there are two volumes: the first one is the released 3 discs, and there is a second volume of two discs.

The two discs are at least partially based around 1973 to 1975 material some of it released here on IORR (Chuck Berry No with Harvey Mandel, the new unreleased demo of Hide Your Love, Fragile), new versions of Fiji Jim, and a disc with piano demos of different tracks (Fool to Cry, Memory Motel, Time Waits For No One). The GHS Deluxe piano version is from this disc. It is unclear to me when this was recorded, but it sounds modern 1990's or even 2000's. The 2002 sessions for Don't Stop are there, as is Keith's original demo of One More Shot.

Mathijs

Date: February 14, 2023 13:37

Mathijs
ProfessorWolf

or

or

It still is my understanding there are two volumes: the first one is the released 3 discs, and there is a second volume of two discs.

The two discs are at least partially based around 1973 to 1975 material some of it released here on IORR (Chuck Berry No with Harvey Mandel, the new unreleased demo of Hide Your Love, Fragile), new versions of Fiji Jim, and a disc with piano demos of different tracks (Fool to Cry, Memory Motel, Time Waits For No One). The GHS Deluxe piano version is from this disc. It is unclear to me when this was recorded, but it sounds modern 1990's or even 2000's. The 2002 sessions for Don't Stop are there, as is Keith's original demo of One More Shot.

Mathijs

wow thanks for responding

sounds like these tracks are already circulating but just aren't avaliable to the broader public yet

not asking you to share if you can't but if you've heard the demo for one more shot can you describe it?

how does it compare to the final version?

and that version of hide your love does it sound like it's from the same source as what was shared here or something else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-14 13:40 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 14, 2023 14:17

ProfessorWolf
Mathijs
ProfessorWolf

or

or

Mathijs

sounds like these tracks are already circulating but just aren't avaliable to the broader public yet

not asking you to share if you can't but if you've heard the demo for one more shot can you describe it?

and that version of hide your love does it sound like it's from the same source as what was shared here or something else?

I once had the chance to hear Keiths version but I do not own it. It was quite similar to the Stones version as tempo and rythm goes. But it was more rough and had more edges than the Stones version. I would describe it as a typical Richards/Jordan song. I think there were some differences in the lyrics but I can't remember if Keiths lyrics were completely finished or not.

Date: February 14, 2023 14:19

hockenheim95
ProfessorWolf
Mathijs
ProfessorWolf

or

or

Mathijs

I once had the chance to hear Keiths version but I do not own it. It was quite similar to the Stones version as tempo and rythm goes. But it was more rough and had more edges than the Stones version. I would describe it as a typical Richards/Jordan song. I think there were some differences in the lyrics but I can't remember if Keiths lyrics were completely finished or not.

How was Meegan Voss's harmony vocals?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 14, 2023 14:22

DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
ProfessorWolf
Mathijs
ProfessorWolf

or

or

Mathijs

How was Meegan Voss's harmony vocals?

I only heard it once and that was many years ago so I really don't remember anything else than what I described above. I would love to hear it again :-)

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 14, 2023 15:09

Let me venture in OT territory : I'd really like to hear the long-rumored B2B outtakes (the 8 songs not on Ffso) before I die.

And a tip of the hat to Gotdablouse, a very valuable member of IORR.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 14, 2023 15:26

GasLightStreet
Rocky Dijon

I stood in line one day for the 13th anniversary tour for DIRTY WORK. Tickets never went on sale.

I do believe there are three different jokes in that post. Possibly four. Well done, sir.

Date: February 14, 2023 15:56

hockenheim95
ProfessorWolf
Mathijs
ProfessorWolf

or

or

Mathijs

thank you for your memory of it

Posted by: dirk94 ()
Date: February 14, 2023 17:49

mikehat
I seem to remember there being talk of several more discs worth of fully finished outtakes and I'm wondering if there is any news regarding their release?

If anybody would have all the goodies it would be RSTG.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 14, 2023 23:32

Mathijs

Mathijs

Lots of crazy quoting here of the post immediately above like it's 1998 and no one knows how to use the internet ;-) So I've taken the liberty of extracting the best information we've had so far on FFSO II. Do I understand this right that somehow some piano demos were recorded in the 1990s or 2000s of these well known old songs ? Seems a bit odd ! On the other hand the "100 Years Ago" piano demo from GHS Deluxe sounded very modern to my ears so who knows...

Sadly and incredibly it seems that "English Rose" is NOT in that collection of songs.

PS - thanks for the kind words one and all ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TaurocTony ()
Date: February 15, 2023 00:14

dirk94
mikehat

Some of the missing tracks were already released by RSTG late last year. The rest will follow around spring time.

Date: February 15, 2023 09:53

TaurocTony
dirk94
mikehat

Some of the missing tracks were already released by RSTG late last year. The rest will follow around spring time.

That is not my understanding.

Mathijs

Date: February 15, 2023 09:55

gotdablouse

Do I understand this right that somehow some piano demos were recorded in the 1990s or 2000s of these well known old songs ? Seems a bit odd ! On the other hand the "100 Years Ago" piano demo from GHS Deluxe sounded very modern to my ears so who knows...

The tracks that I heard have the same piano sound as the '100 years ago' demo, and sound very much 1990's to 2000's to me.

Mathijs

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home