Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: God Gave Me Everything
Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: February 7, 2023 22:54

TheBlockbuster
Came across as Lenny wrote all the music himself and Mick only added lyrics.

Only lyrics ?
Sounds like Mick created a powerful chorus from Lenny's run of the mill loop.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: November 11, 2023 21:53

Imo it's a great song.
Video in HQ:
[youtu.be]

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: November 11, 2023 21:58

skytrench
TheBlockbuster
Came across as Lenny wrote all the music himself and Mick only added lyrics.

Only lyrics ?
Sounds like Mick created a powerful chorus from Lenny's run of the mill loop.

"I wrote this song with Lenny Kravitz. He did all the harmonic parts and then we finished the choruses together. I said to him, Do you have any ideas for the lyrics? and he said Absolutely none. So I hid myself in a corner of this kind of Clockwork Orange house Lenny has in Miami and wrote the lyrics in ten minutes"

- Mick Jagger, 2001

"We wrote the song together. I started it and then he did the lyrics. He came to my place, in Miami at the time where I was living, and we wrote the track. And I produced it... I did the song a couple of nights before he showed up - the track, cut the whole track. Had the melody. And when he came, I did the bla bla bla bla bla bla thing, sang him the melody, and then he said, OK, give me a minute. He took a pad and a pen. He went into my little den area, sat for about 45 minutes, came back with the lyrics, went in and sang it, just like that"

- Lenny Kravitz, 2022

[www.timeisonourside.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-11 22:00 by HardRiffin.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 12, 2023 09:38

It has an essence of a chime that Ruthless People has - almost a sinister sound to it.

It's a fantastic track. Absolutely out of place on the album, which is an interesting aspect of the album's diversity in what he was doing, very trendy here, "traditional" there.

Although I don't care for the album as much as WANDERING SPIRIT, it is his second best solo album. It's cohesive enough in terms of the production, which SHE'S THE BOSS has in an extremely bad way and PRIMITIVE COOL is just a toss up.

It's, overall, a great vocal delivery from Mick and one of his Top 10 solo songs, including Eazy Sleazy, which is his best, to my ears.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2121
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home