Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Fanclub Codes
Posted by: crazymama ()
Date: November 30, 2005 13:28

I just got tickets for Amsterdam, Nürnberg and Munich. I had to pay the tickets plus membership, because my passcodes, that I had collected during the last months, didn't work (despite the new instructions of stones.com).

Did anyone make the same experience?

I don't know now, if I should ask for money refund or wait for other gigs.

Re: Fanclub Codes
Posted by: hitti ()
Date: November 30, 2005 13:30

No problem for Wembley, just logged in and got my new code.

hitti

You've got the sun, the moon and you've got the Rolling Stones

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 30, 2005 13:44

hitti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No problem for Wembley, just logged in and got my
> new code.
>
> hitti
>
> You've got the sun, the moon and you've got the
> Rolling Stones

As simple as that

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 30, 2005 13:46

Didnt work for me. They took my $100 last night, confirmed my membership but (unlike last time when it was sent immediately) didnt send me a presale code

wouldnt even let me take out a new one membership this morning at the same time as buying tickets because I'd reached my limit!

There truly is no end to their ineptitude

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 30, 2005 13:48

Gazza, did you log in at rs.com and check "my account"?

Date: November 30, 2005 13:50

Gazza,
Maybe, I'm not sure, if you just log in (+password) you get your code then.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: November 30, 2005 13:57

I did not get any code and bought with American Express.
I tried it, but from get tickets it went directly to the ticketmaster and no Window in between very strange.....

Date: November 30, 2005 14:01

erikjjf Wrote:
> Gazza, did you log in at rs.com and check "my
> account"?

yes, Erik

When I joined in May last year. I received a confirmation e-mail and then a second mail giving me the presale code, which I then used for the first New York show in January

I took out a second membership yesterday at about 11.30 pm - didnt ask me to pick a venue or country or anything - and immediately received a confirmation e-mail..but didnt receive a passcode

My account still shows ONLY the original (and now no longer valid) passcode (it doesnt list a show that its been used for) but when I go to access presales, it keeps asking me to join. It doesnt show that I've taken out a second membership package.

Even tried the "buy tickets and get platinum membership" option on ticketmaster but it tells me I've reached my limit of purchases (so presumably it only recognises the original membership). I'm bewildered why they dont let me take out a new membership as Ive never bought tickets for a European show with any previous one.

Date: November 30, 2005 14:02

Harm Wrote:
> Gazza,
> Maybe, I'm not sure, if you just log in
> (+password) you get your code then.

tried that, Harm. Didnt work. Thanks anyway

Date: November 30, 2005 14:07

Gazza Wrote:
> Harm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Gazza,
> > Maybe, I'm not sure, if you just log in
> > (+password) you get your code then.
>
>
> tried that, Harm. Didnt work. Thanks anyway

After I posted it, I thought indeed that you already tried that probably

Date: November 30, 2005 14:13

just checked again and they finally have a membership for me, but no e-mail with a passcode. Got one when I clicked on the buy tickets option, but of course theres no pitch tickets left.

Apparently I can use it for another UK show, but not sure if I'll bother.

Date: November 30, 2005 14:18

I only got the code when clicking "get tickets" - no code in e-mail...

Date: November 30, 2005 14:19

ok...still puzzled why it took 13 hours to show in "my account" that my membership had been activated.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: November 30, 2005 15:02

Have tried all morning to get Wembley but I keep being told that I have reached my presale limit. My membership is new and has not been used before. Anyone else had this problem? If so what did you do about it? Thanks

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: November 30, 2005 15:11

As much as we all thought it could not get worse, it appears that RS.COM and the ticket sales for Europe is even more screwed up than the American Leg of the tour. I have similar problems to Gazza...guess I will just shop ebay in a few months!

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: November 30, 2005 15:34

My memebership worked.

I went to buy tickets on rs.com and got a code

At first the code was rejected by Ticketmaster, but that was because the tickets weren't on sale for the post-may-15-2005-platinum-members until 9.45 this morning, not at 9.00 like they said.

Anyway, I'm glad I have mine.

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: November 30, 2005 16:12

The membership code didn't function also at my purchase. Sop I had to by my tickets for Frankfurt with my Amex.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Date: November 30, 2005 16:22

thanks for the feedback guys

sorry you got shafted as well but on the bright side its reassuring to know I wasnt alone and therefore not clinically insane

For a few hours I thought I was having a brain tumour or something....

Posted by: crazymama ()
Date: November 30, 2005 17:29

The first link told me, that I have reached my presale limit. But there was another link at the bottom, which told you to click there, if you want to continue the process.
But anyway I had to buy new memberships.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 30, 2005 17:30

The way Ticketmaster works (or rather, doesn't) is more than enough to drive anyone insane... It seems there is always some new eff-up round the corner waiting to pounce on innocent ticket-buyers. I've been screwed by them twice already recently and am not confident that I won't be again somewhere down the line.

And I still haven't fathomed from rs.com's wonderfully unclear and obtuse explanations how a code that is no longer invalid can be changed into one that is. Nor have they deigned to reply to my e-mail of one week ago asking about it. Has anyone got an answer to this mystery? If you click on where it says you can get instructions on how to do it, the page just loops back to the same one again, however many times you try. It seems just easier to get a refund (famous last words) and start afresh.

Date: November 30, 2005 17:46

I mailed them a week ago asking what were the reasons behind this new "one code per country" nonsense..

they're run by utter buffoons, no doubt in league with the Great Satan that is Ticketmaster

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1852
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home