Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hampden Park Glasgow
Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: November 29, 2005 21:21

Just checked out Ticketmaster and the pitch is to be seated.

With mininum stadium price of £60 (which will actually be £70 when fees are added on) and a max of £150 ( probably approaching £165 with fees) I`m sad to say that I won`t be buying tickets.

It`ll be the first time I`ve missed the band in Scotland since 76 but I can`t really justify paying at least twice as much as when I saw the band 2 years ago at the SECC arena show.

I appreciate that there are those among you who will go to many gigs and not worry about the expense but I imagine there are many folk like me who would like to see The Stones next year but feel ticket prices are getting beyond a joke.

Re: Hampden Park Glasgow
Posted by: fxc1 ()
Date: November 29, 2005 21:44

You should feel lucky. These are MUCH cheaper than the USA prices.

Date: November 29, 2005 23:17

It`s all relative....

2 years ago I saw the Stones for £37 in a 10,000 arena.

Next year it will be almost £70 for a seat at the back of a 50,000 stadium.

Maybe cheaper than the US prices but doesn`t make the price hike acceptable.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 29, 2005 23:47

fxc1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You should feel lucky. These are MUCH cheaper than
> the USA prices.

Yes, you're right - having paid $450 for MSG and $350 for Albany. I don't actually understand why this is really, I was expecting prices in Europe to be every bit as bad as in the States, and in the case of the U.K. - even worse. So the advertised prices are a bit of a pleasant surprise all in all, although I use the adjective "pleasant" loosely - if you get my drift ?

Posted by: gia43 ()
Date: November 29, 2005 23:48

why will the pitch be seated???? was it always seated? and why 70p?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 29, 2005 23:51

even though I'll be in debt very soon,I'm suprised they haven't really risen from last time .

Why only the UK without GA. ?

Date: November 29, 2005 23:56

Usually gigs at Hampden have standing on the pitch area however both the Eagles and Stones are putting seats in.

I can`t understand the economics because,although they can charge more for a seat, they could fit more people in standing - charge less - but still gross the same.

It`s sad that they didn`t keep it standing charge £40 or£50 and get a great atmosphere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-29 23:57 by GuessWho.

Posted by: gia43 ()
Date: November 30, 2005 00:02

how does seating in stones concerts work?? honest, i don't get it!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 30, 2005 02:23

GuessWho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Usually gigs at Hampden have standing on the pitch
> area however both the Eagles and Stones are
> putting seats in.
>
> I can`t understand the economics because,although
> they can charge more for a seat, they could fit
> more people in standing - charge less - but
> still gross the same.
>
> It`s sad that they didn`t keep it standing charge
> £40 or£50 and get a great atmosphere.
>

I was at Hampden for U2 in June and it was all standing on the pitch. Great atmosphere too. The most expensive tickets were in the grandstand directly facing the stage..about £85 plus charges

Those two shows at the SECC werent hard to get tickets for..and that was a 10,000 capacity arena with standing on the floor. £65 for a standing ticket and the top prices took a while to sell

There is no way in hell the Stones are going to sell anywhere near 45,000 tickets in Glasgow, if theyre expecting to sell thousands of tickets on the pitch at £150 a go. If you turn up on the day of the show without a ticket, they'll be giving them away.

There is absolutely no logic behind this decision to make the UK shows all seated (at venues where its not compulsory) yet at the same time allow general admission on the pitch for a fraction of the price at shows on the continent

The UK provincial shows will bomb due to this decision and the band have no one to blame but themselves.

London will be my only UK shows and only because its their hometown gig. I'd far rather get a cheap flight and go to Amsterdam, Nice or Berlin etc and see shows that are a fraction of the price than waste my time and money travelling to see overpriced and dull all-seated shows in Sheffield, Cardiff and Glasgow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1412
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home