Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why the Stones don't have there own Sirius radio channel?
Posted by: floho ()
Date: December 26, 2022 22:40

I know now and then they put up a temporary channel but so many of there contemporaries have there own permanent channel. You've got The Beatles, Garth, Grateful Dead, Elvis, Tom Petty, Pearl Jam even Dwight Yoakum. The Stones have a wealth of material, celebrity fans and knowledgeable commentators that would make for a real entertaining channel. It doesn't make sense a Rolling Stones channel is not established on Sirius radio.

Re: Why the Stones don't have there own Sirius radio channel?
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 27, 2022 01:46

They used to have a Stones channel around tours - played a few deep cuts as well as the usual. I wish they would have played more stuff that inspired the band (Chuck, blues, etc.) and more from their contemporaries from the British Invasion (Animals, Kinks, Who, etc.)

They are certainly as deserving as anyone including Elvis and The Beatles - and more deserving than most (Phish, PJ, Dead, etc.)

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: December 28, 2022 16:01

It's not Sirius Radio, but if you search for and either open or upload the free app for "Radio Garden" on your device (Radio Garden features a pretty decent scanning of radio stations from across the globe) - and conduct a search for "Rolling Stones" - you will find what appears to be three permanent, full-time 'Rolling Stones only' stations. All three stations play everything from their huge discography 24/7 (both studio and live cuts included). I have each of these stations saved as my "favourites" within the app, and I often tend to jump from one station to the next simply to satisfy my curiosity on what track is currently being played.

The three stations are:

1) Regenbogen 2 Rolling Stones (from Mannheim, Germany)

2) Virgin Radio: Rockstar - Rolling Stones (from Milan, Italy)

3) 101.RU - The Rolling Stones (from Moscow, Russia)

Enjoy!

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: December 28, 2022 17:18

I suspect it is about financial considerations. Who pays who and what type stuff.

Some of the channels are quote good. U2 has a lot of interaction on their station. I suspect the Stones themselves would not put much effort into their station, but as others said knowledgeable fans and guests could bring a lot.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: December 28, 2022 17:18

sf37

The three stations are:

1) Regenbogen 2 Rolling Stones (from Mannheim, Germany)

2) Virgin Radio: Rockstar - Rolling Stones (from Milan, Italy)

3) 101.RU - The Rolling Stones (from Moscow, Russia)

Enjoy!

and

4) Exclusive Radio Rolling Stones (from Dubai, U.A.E)

BUT: I have to say: They play Rolling Stones only, but these permanent radio station jingles ("Virginnn Radiooooo...") or commercials (Regenbogen) after every 2nd song get me extremely on the nerves, so I have to turn it off again and put in a CD...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-28 17:25 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: December 31, 2022 05:37

It’s a good question, why there isn’t a Stones channel on Sirius. When I bought my last car, it came with free Sirius for a month or two. So I checked it out and realized there were dozens of channels that held absolutely zero interest for me. I was surprised there was no Stones channel. I gravitated to classic rock and blues. The first day listening to classic rock they played Aqualung, Jethro Tull, and not having heard it for probably 30 years, I enjoyed it, and thought Sirius was okay. But then the very next day, I heard Aqualung again. I realized the playlist was very repetitive. When my free trial period was over, I declined to buy a subscription. They hounded me with phone calls to subscribe, lowering the price each time. I finally told the guy, I wouldn’t want it even if it was free. They finally stopped calling me.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 31, 2022 06:52

You hadn't heard Aqualung in 30 years? I should live in your life lol.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1798
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home