Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rarities vs. Metamorphosis
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 28, 2005 18:52

Never mind which album has the "best" music on it. The question is:

Which of these compilations comes closer to being the album it's supposed to be?

Re: Rarities vs. Metamorphosis
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: November 28, 2005 19:58

Rarities

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 28, 2005 20:16

i don't think either one lives up to its billing. if they would have let Wyman finish compiling The Black Box (or whatever it was called), that release would have been far more complete and satisfying. as for Rarities, there are many more b-sides and alternates and live stuff than what made the cd; live 2000lyfh '89 sinfully omitted from flashpoint, alt BS w/clapton, so many better b-sides, etc.

if they had called this release "Rarities, vol. 1" i would be more accepting of it.

forced to choose, i would say Metamorphisis lives up to its billing better (and had a far more entertaining cover, vs. the doctored wyman-less rarities cover photo).

Posted by: rayone ()
Date: November 29, 2005 04:22

this one is hard to comapre. when Metamorphosis came out there was no internet and boots were available on vinyl but not as many as today.

Rarities is not thought of highly because alot of people have had all the songs for the last few years and they are really "rarities" as such.

Metamorphosis was an acceptable release for its time where rarities is below what is expected by fans.

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: November 29, 2005 07:16

Well, I'm not sure what the question means, but Rarities is cool and Metamorphosis sucks (overall).

That I know.

The songs on Rarities are rare to me, and mostly really cool. But if Metamorphosis is "supposed" to suck, then I guess it wins. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1481
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home