Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: TOP 25 Greatest Hits Albums of ALL TIME!
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 6, 2022 06:23

StonedRambler
How can a Stones compilation that doesn't include Tumbling Dice, Start Me Up, Miss You and Angie be considered one of the best greatest hits albums?
It's not even the best Stones compilation. GRRR! was maybe the best Stones compilation that ever existed. Spanning all the years.

Or if you put HONK and Hot Rocks together you also got a pretty solid one.

Because of the value of the culture.

Start Me Up doesn't have that value, nor does Tumbling Dice or anything else post-1971 for that matter, with the only possible exception being Miss You.

But yes, put HOT ROCKS together with HONK... ie MADE IN THE SHADE/REWIND/JUMP BACK... HOT HONK? HONK ROCKS? Silly, I know. But anything is better than THE SIMIAN DISASTER of 2012. What a joke. They probably would've sold more copies if it was simply called START ME UP.

Re: TOP 25 Greatest Hits Albums of ALL TIME!
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 6, 2022 07:30

dmay
Interesting list, but it beggars the question - just how many of the songs on these albums were hits?

Nice to note someone else mentioned Elvis. I still have him in my mind wearing that gold suit on a hits collection.

Good point. I think should be noted that there can be a difference between a ‘Best-Of’ and a ‘Greatest Hits’ release. Some acts probably opt for the former if, say, there’s a worthy body of work, yet with few - or any! - charting single releases! Some acts don’t release singles, of course.

I wonder if any act has ever released both a Best-of, and a Greatest Hits, complete with different track-listings?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home