Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: what device do you use to read this forum?
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 24, 2022 02:55

Vintage iPad Pro (purchased in 2016 after my third iMac ceased to work). I even don’t have a smartphone. I am an old schooler. The IORR website works fine as it is for me.
The only facility I hope to change is how to upload an image — wish I could do it direct from my photo library. That would be simple and easier to do.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 24, 2022 04:35

RisingStone
Vintage iPad Pro (purchased in 2016 after my third iMac ceased to work). I even don’t have a smartphone. I am an old schooler. The IORR website works fine as it is for me.
The only facility I hope to change is how to upload an image — wish I could do it direct from my photo library. That would be simple and easier to do.

that is the only change i would like as well

i feel it would be really appreciated by people here if it was possible to do that

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: September 24, 2022 05:27

Ipad

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: September 24, 2022 05:51

Hi all. I just came out of long-term lurk mode…

I think IORR is fine as it is, it’s simple and lightweight and it loads quickly.

I use an iPhone only to read IORR and the text is way too small to read, however there is a temporary fix for this :-

In iPhone’s Safari tap the 'aA' at the top left, then tap the % percentage zoom control until it increases to 150% or 175% or 200%. The text will be larger and easy to read. Turning the iPhone sideways also helps increase the text size.

Hope this helps.

No doubt there is a similar thing you can do with the web browser for those using Android devices.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-24 06:02 by WeLoveYou.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 24, 2022 06:40

WeLoveYou
In iPhone’s Safari tap the 'aA' at the top left, then tap the % percentage zoom control until it increases to 150% or 175% or 200%. The text will be larger and easy to read.

I tried it on my iPad and found it worked. I didn’t know this trick before. That really helps. I hadn’t bothered about the ‘aA’ for all these years since I bought the iPad six years ago — I should have known better! Thank you WeLoveYou, I love you!

Date: September 24, 2022 07:22

RisingStone
WeLoveYou
In iPhone’s Safari tap the 'aA' at the top left, then tap the % percentage zoom control until it increases to 150% or 175% or 200%. The text will be larger and easy to read.

I tried it on my iPad and found it worked. I didn’t know this trick before. That really helps. I hadn’t bothered about the ‘aA’ for all these years since I bought the iPad six years ago — I should have known better! Thank you WeLoveYou, I love you!

thumbs up

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 24, 2022 08:14

WeLoveYou

I think IORR is fine as it is, it’s simple and lightweight and it loads quickly.

I use an iPhone only to read IORR and the text is way too small to read, however there is a temporary fix for this :-

In iPhone’s Safari tap the 'aA' at the top left, then tap the % percentage zoom control until it increases to 150% or 175% or 200%. The text will be larger and easy to read. Turning the iPhone sideways also helps increase the text size.

Hope this helps.

No doubt there is a similar thing you can do with the web browser for those using Android devices.

welcome and please post more and lurk lesswinking smiley

we could always use more people chiming in with there opinions

i'm using chrome on a 9 year old galaxy note 3 to read and type this and i have no problem reading the text

it's all a easly readable size and it scales the text to fit my screen properly too

it's like this on any other android device that i've used to access iorr too

Date: September 24, 2022 10:43

ProfessorWolf
WeLoveYou

Hope this helps.

welcome and please post more and lurk lesswinking smiley

we could always use more people chiming in with there opinions

i'm using chrome on a 9 year old galaxy note 3 to read and type this and i have no problem reading the text

it's all a easly readable size and it scales the text to fit my screen properly too

it's like this on any other android device that i've used to access iorr too

Thanks, I used to post a lot way back winking smiley.

Yes I guess it depends on the device and also the browser, as some browsers may resize the text. Definitely on iPhone/iPad using Safari it’s not auto resizing hence the need to change the page zoom; perhaps a different browser eg Chrome might help instead. IORR is not a mobile friendly site. Also for some, ageing eyes are not so good with small print!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1144
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home