Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Tedeschi Trucks Band & The Myth of Layla
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 8, 2022 17:43

What a great read, especially regarding the creative process. I have listened to some of their stuff - album/live - but I will check this album out. Maybe listening to Derek and The Dominos before or after TTB's album would make for a great afternoon or evening of solid music and contemplating the story of Layla.

[www.pastemagazine.com]

Re: OT: Tedeschi Trucks Band & The Myth of Layla
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: September 8, 2022 18:13

Luv TTB!
Luv the new album,
Great read, thanks for posting.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 8, 2022 18:57

I've always wondered if the release of Layla had any impact on Exile (a part the obvious connection Bobby Whitlock/Just Want To See His Face).

Very similar concepts, although, of course, also very different works. Yet, I was always curious.

C

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: September 9, 2022 02:17

Always loved the original Layla album.

Tedeschi Trucks Band, first time seeing them was my last concert before covid struck... saw em Feb or March 2020. I was and am a Susan Tedeschi fan primarily, and honestly, thought TTB was good but they didn't blow me away live. It's a big band, they share the spotlight during the show.

But I'm certain that with the right song choices they easily could have shaken things up more.

Layla, for example. I got their cover of it the week the album came out. That show live I would have loved. It's good stuff. [Edit: Speaking here of TTB's live recorded concert that became their "Layla: Revisited" album. I haven't heard the new one, "I Am The Moon."]

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-09 02:28 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home