Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

For Collectors Only 3CD question
Posted by: René ()
Date: November 25, 2005 14:29

I'm looking for this 3CD Bootleg (RS 19001) for years now, but it seems that nobody has it! Very strange, everybody I'm asking says he or she doesn't have it, I've never seen it on a picture or something, only read about it on some internet sites.
Now my question is: is there anybody on this board who owns it and can tell me some more details about it?

René

Re: For Collectors Only 3CD question
Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: November 25, 2005 15:48

i believe it was published in germany 1980
Collectors Only is a counterfeit of an officially released album. It contains Memo From Turner, As Tears Go By
(in Italian), different versions of songs you know like You Can't Always Get What You Want, but the best part of
the album is that it contains the EP "Got Live If You Want" which is probably the best live Stones ever!
More Collectibles is a series of b-sides from Flashpoint and Steel Wheels, ect... and is a very nice collection.
Collectors Only & More Collectibles have perfect sound.

All songs recorded in London - 1963 to 1965.
All songs with * recorded live in London, Manchester and Liverpool.
"Everybody Needs Somebody To Love" is a demo-tape recorded in studio - 1965.
Mick Jagger : Vocals, Harmonica
Keith Richards : Guitars, Vocals
Brian Jones : Guitars, Harmonica
Bill Wyman : Bass Guitar
Charlie Watts : drums

Contains single B sides, maxi single versions and remixes from the Rolling Stones and Keith Richards, mostly taken from vinyl. All Down The Line appears by mistake in the album instead of the single version. With Gimme Shelter live from Food Benefit, Through The Lonely Nights and the rare Big Enough remix from never released 12"

I Want To Be Loved Fortune Teller Poison Ivy I've Been Loving You Too Long Con Le Mie Lacrime [As Tears Go By: Italian version] Memo From Turner You Can't Always Get What You Want We Want The Stones * Everybody Needs Somebody To Love * Pain In My Heart * Route 66 * I'm Moving On * I'm Alright * Get Off Of My Cloud * Everybody Needs Somebody To Love I'd Much Rather Be With The Boys Tell Me Baby (How Many More Times) Don't Lie To Me [Diff. Version] Some Things Just Stick In Your Mind Each And Every Day Of The Year (Walkin' Thru The) Sleepy City Looking Tired If You Let Me Still A Fool Total

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Date: November 25, 2005 16:21

TeleK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Contains single B sides, maxi single versions and
> remixes from the Rolling Stones and Keith
> Richards, mostly taken from vinyl. All Down The
> Line appears by mistake in the album instead of
> the single version. With Gimme Shelter live from
> Food Benefit, Through The Lonely Nights and the
> rare Big Enough remix from never released 12"
>

That's the one! Thanx TeleK! Do you have this one?

BTW: The one which was published in 1980 in Germany is the LP "Collector's Only", that's not the one I'm talking about. The 3CD Bootleg "FOR Collectors Only" is the one with the tracks mentioned in the above quote.

René

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: November 25, 2005 23:44

When was "Big Enough" recorded? I've never heard of this before.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 26, 2005 00:11

"Big Enough"=Keith Richards, from "Talk Is Cheep"

Date: November 27, 2005 15:33

Well, counting thr responces on this topic, it's clear that not many people own this 3CD bootleg. Or am I wrong? I am very curious about the number of people how own it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home