Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12
Re: Stockholm Sweden 31-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 1, 2022 15:12

The Worst.
I really enjoyed the show last night. It sounded good in the pit, loud and balanced, but I heard someone in the stands complained about the sound. A stadium with a roof like that is always going to be a challenge.

Keith was solid throughout the show, both on vocals and guitars. I love when they turn up the volume on his guitars on songs like Honky Tonk and Jumpin'. (But I could do without the loud trebled sound on Ronnie's solos on Dice, Start Me Up and YCAGWYW). I don't agree with those saying Mick moved less last night. I thought he was constantly moving around the stage and the catwalk. His first show at the age of 79 and works the crowd like no one else. Out of Control was a great surprise.

One of the streams last night from somewhere up in the rafters had a definite echo.

Re: Stockholm Sweden 31-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 1, 2022 15:17

Bit of a crowd here at the hotel! The backing musicians left a while ago.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 1, 2022 15:23

MadMetaphoricalMax
keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
MelBelli
Ronnie solo YCAGWYW:

[youtube.com]

So strange. Most players as their ears age need more treble and brightness. Ronnie has gone darker in his tone. Technique is what it is, but it’s very hard even for my 46yr old ears to hear any definition out of that murk.

really?

sounded like one of his best this tour to me

oh well must just be a matter of personal taste

but i'm with the critics on the quality of his tumbling dice solo

With all due respect it was unlistenable to my ears, watching him fool around and waving and flaying his arms throughout the show hardly playing most of the time i get the feeling sadly that this is the last tour for Ronnie and he knows it, possibly he knows it's the last tour for all of them, who knows.
He seems more passionate about selling tens of thousands of set lists prints for £80 a time and putting out spoilers at this stage in the game, i don't believe his heart is in playing live with the Stones anymore and it's got little to do with his health as we know he got the all clear nearly two years ago and put on great performances last year after a difficult start to the tour.
Physically he appears in great shape running and jumping along throughout, to my ears and eyes he's just not interested in playing and soloing at a level that's acceptable for the greatest rock and roll band in the world.
If you guys still appreciate Ronnie's efforts i'm happy for you, but don't get personal with me because i think he either can't or won't play to the best of his ability. If Keith played like that the comments would be merciless, be thankful Ronnie gets a free pass and is generally loved by all, i love him but enough is enough, he's putting a damper on what has been a monumental effort from Mick and Keith to celebrate 60 years together with pride and in style.

I've been loving Ronnie's solo work, it has a lot of emotion and feeling in it, more than there are notes. I love the distortion and flow in them, I love that he plays in a way that no tribute band copyist would dare to do, I love what he's brought to Rambler and You Can't... Just goes to show how fan ears vary, right ...

Look the Emperor has no clothes.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 15:37

Nikkei
slewan
Nikkei
How can they drop 19th Nervous Breakdown this late into the tour? For me that is a bait-and-switch move.

they doing it every second show…

They didn't do it yesterday, didn't do it in Gelsenkirchen. I thought every show before had it included except maybe for one of the Hyde Parks?

I guess they didn't want to do 19th Nervous Breakdown in the same show as Out of Control. Two 'big ones' in terms of energy and vocal effort early on

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 15:38

For Ronnie, flamboyance and inspiration rhyme with the past. He brings nothing to the songs.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: August 1, 2022 16:12

Just saw Keith leave.

Now a late lunch at Ardbeg Embassy - thanks for the tip, MadMax! smiling smiley

Stockholm was amazing, as it always is. I just love it here. Hope to be back soon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 17:32 by Topi.

Posted by: parislocksmith ()
Date: August 1, 2022 17:46

Very nice review today by Klara Rönnqvist Fors (in Swedish).

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 1, 2022 18:09

Review, Aftonbladet: [www.aftonbladet.se]

Stockholm Sweden 31-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 1, 2022 19:46

From Friends Arena (via Google Translate):

Yesterday, a packed Friends Arena welcomed rock legends The Rolling Stones for one of the biggest concert events of the year! Thank you to all the staff who made it possible, thank you to the audience who made it unforgettable and thank you to The Rolling Stones for this once in a lifetime experience!

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 1, 2022 20:09

paulywaul
Topi
You're not cutting it as close as Mr. Jimmy is! winking smiley

Did Mr Jimmy make it OK ?

He did and amazingly found us in the pit just before the Stones came on stage!

Posted by: Parisrambler ()
Date: August 1, 2022 20:10

Mick was having fun with a girl on her friends shoulder outside stage Pit B during satisfaction. At the end Mick lift his Shirt wanted to do the girl the same with a big smile. As far as i noticed, she didspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 1, 2022 20:14

rebelhipi
What a show. What a band. What a ambiance.

The show just got better and better after every song.

Met some nice people including Mr.Jimmy in pit A. Glad you made it! And some other great people too. Including the man with the Ronnie B Good sign. Iwas on the big screen for a second with him!

Was at the perfect spot. Mick stopped right in front of us many many times.
When Sasha did her amazing Gimme Shelter bit 3 meters from me i got shivers. Ill carry that memory to the grave.

I could swear i exchanged looks with Mick for half a second during Tumbling Dice.

Worth every penny and more.

Met some friends after the gig and had much fun at the bar.
Now im back home and going to sleep.
Night!

Good to meet you rebelhipi and I also thought our location by the catwalk was indeed the ideal spot. What a gig!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 1, 2022 20:27

Topi
Just saw Keith leave.

Now a late lunch at Ardbeg Embassy - thanks for the tip, MadMax! smiling smiley

Stockholm was amazing, as it always is. I just love it here. Hope to be back soon.

Pleasure Topi!smiling smiley I missed Keith, did he leave from the back door?

I highfived Ronnie in the car as he drove away with the window down, nice one Ron! Got Jagger's setlist yesterday too, laminated this time.

Date: August 1, 2022 20:42

Parisrambler
Mick was having fun with a girl on her friends shoulder outside stage Pit B during satisfaction. At the end Mick lift his Shirt wanted to do the girl the same with a big smile. As far as i noticed, she didspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

She did it first smiling smiley

Date: August 1, 2022 21:18

Yeah, Keith used the back door.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: August 1, 2022 22:23

DandelionPowderman
Parisrambler

Indeed. I was just filming Mick and she’s on there too

Stockholm Sweden 31-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 1, 2022 22:25

Posted by: bjornkasm ()
Date: August 1, 2022 22:48

Thanks for comment. I missed k though.

Date: August 1, 2022 23:30

Christiaan
Jumpin’ Jack Flash
[youtu.be]

Something you don't see very often, Mick actually clapping and applauding Keith at 3.40, mind you Keith was really going for it, so nice to see Mick show his appreciation.

Date: August 2, 2022 00:02

keefriffhards
Christiaan
Jumpin’ Jack Flash
[youtu.be]

Something you don't see very often, Mick actually clapping and applauding Keith at 3.40, mind you Keith was really going for it, so nice to see Mick show his appreciation.

That's me shouting Live Forevaaa! Live Forevaaa! and then Keith cuts it off with the intro riff. Chicken Skin Musicsmileys with beer

Date: August 2, 2022 00:05

MadMax
keefriffhards
Christiaan
Jumpin’ Jack Flash
[youtu.be]

That's me shouting Live Forevaaa! Live Forevaaa! and then Keith cuts it off with the intro riff. Chicken Skin Musicsmileys with beer

Haha cool timing from Keith, you sound like you really enjoying yourself, Live Forevaaa love it smileys with beer

You had a great spot there, as i say, Keith's the show within the show, well for me anyway when his in the mood.

Thanks Christiaan thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-02 00:08 by keefriffhards.

Date: August 2, 2022 00:09

keefriffhards
MadMax
keefriffhards
Christiaan
Jumpin’ Jack Flash
[youtu.be]

Haha cool timing from Keith, you sound like you really enjoying yourself, Live Forevaaa love it smileys with beer

Nice one mate! Yeah, I wish all people in the pit were like that. Some k*obheads are just there to take pictures and brag about it after, not interacting or enjoying the band and music (and probably knowing nish about the magic anyway). We had one there last night unfortunately.

Date: August 2, 2022 00:14

Last night, I didn't take any photos or videos of the show. I wanted to keep #30 to myself, just like I did #1 back in 1998.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: August 2, 2022 00:32

Topi
Last night, I didn't take any photos or videos of the show. I wanted to keep #30 to myself, just like I did #1 back in 1998.

#43. Felt really sentimental for the first time because this could have been the last time. So I also avoided taking photos and just enjoyed

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 2, 2022 00:35

For me it was #60! A great number to reach on the Sixty tour. Looking forward to #61 on Wednesday! My first one was in Hockenheim on the Voodoo Lounge tour 27 years ago!

Re: Stockholm Sweden 31-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: KevinPenthouse ()
Date: August 2, 2022 08:52

Thanks for posting this . . . I will circle myself and post it back LOL seriously

Date: August 2, 2022 11:20

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-02 13:56 by Parisrambler.

Date: August 2, 2022 13:58

LorenzAgain
DandelionPowderman
Parisrambler

You have the film available? I might be in the same scene too.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: August 2, 2022 15:06

Parisrambler
LorenzAgain
DandelionPowderman
Parisrambler
ii

You have the film available? I might be in the same scene too.

Sure, will upload it to YouTube and then share here later today!

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: August 2, 2022 15:25

hockenheim95
For me it was #60! A great number to reach on the Sixty tour. Looking forward to #61 on Wednesday! My first one was in Hockenheim on the Voodoo Lounge tour 27 years ago!

Have fun Hockeinheim! My first was in Stockholm 2003

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1477
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home