Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Amsterdam 1970 Vault Release?
Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: July 11, 2022 10:04

As there are numerous snippets of the Amsterdam 1970 show at the RAI in the BBC documentary serie My Life As A Rolling Stone,
could this mean a possible official Vault release of this legendary show is finally there?
The audio, complete show and backstage footage, it's all there!

Sreet Fighting Man snippet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-11 10:04 by Mack Jigger.

Re: Amsterdam 1970 Vault Release?
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: July 11, 2022 18:08

Mack Jigger
The audio, complete show and backstage footage, it's all there!
Sreet Fighting Man snippet

Do you konw anything about a coplete Amsterdam '70 show existing?

Date: July 11, 2022 21:10

Now we're talking. Love that 70 tour; the lost one. By Amsterdam the4y should have been well lubed up. Is that the Stephen Stills show?

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: July 11, 2022 21:28

That snippet looks AMAZING! There must be more available

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: July 11, 2022 21:33

[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-11 21:41 by S.T.P.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:11

i doubt it

i pretty sure there were no professional audio recordings made during this tour

and they released ya-ya's the same day they played stockholm and there shows in europe were very similar to what they played in america the year before except with horns and 3 new songs

so what would there insentive have been to record more shows for future releases

that being said maybe the band had some shows recorded onto cassette off the soundboard for there own personal enjoyment

not the the same as a professional recording but i'd definitely welcome it

then again there's a interview keith did from france in 71 for swedish radio and in the background for the first 4 minutes you can hear a live version of midnight rambler being played back

and it doesn't sound like ya-ya's to me

so that leaves a recording from 70 or 71

but for now i think the best recordings we have for the 70 tour are essen audience recording and the paris broadcast

i wish the taper community in eruope was better devolved and equipped in 1970 (and 71) but it is what it is i suppose

as for the footage it's been around for a while in the form of silent footage with a watermark on it

a while ago someone synced it up with the audience recording and shared it here

and i'm unsure the origin of this footage or why it was made but it would be wonderful if more of it existed and the stones released it online synched to the rest of the audience recording

put it up on youtube or something since i doubt there's much interest amongst the public for recordings of this quality

also there's similar footage from paris too

(there some footage like this of little queenie too from paris with topless women dancing on the stage bit i can't find it on youtube)

it also be nice if the could release the other imperfect shows from around this time that exist too online for the fans to enjoy

like pittsburgh 72 and detroit 69

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:30

ProfessorWolf
i doubt it

i pretty sure there were no professional audio recordings made during this tour

and they released ya-ya's the same day they played stockholm and there shows in europe were very similar to what they played in america the year before except with horns and 3 new songs

so what would there insentive have been to record more shows for future releases

that being said maybe the band had some shows recorded onto cassette off the soundboard for there own personal enjoyment

not the the same as a professional recording but i'd definitely welcome it

then again there's a interview keith did from france in 71 for swedish radio and in the background for the first 4 minutes you can hear a live version of midnight rambler being played back

and it doesn't sound like ya-ya's to me

so that leaves a recording from 70 or 71

but for now i think the best recordings we have for the 70 tour are essen audience recording and the paris broadcast

i wish the taper community in eruope was better devolved and equipped in 1970 (and 71) but it is what it is i suppose

as for the footage it's been around for a while in the form of silent footage with a watermark on it

a while ago someone synced it up with the audience recording and shared it here

and i'm unsure the origin of this footage or why it was made but it would be wonderful if more of it existed and the stones released it online synched to the rest of the audience recording

put it up on youtube or something since i doubt there's much interest amongst the public for recordings of this quality

also there's similar footage from paris too

(there some footage like this of little queenie too from paris with topless women dancing on the stage bit i can't find it on youtube)

it also be nice if the could release the other imperfect shows from around this time that exist too online for the fans to enjoy

like pittsburgh 72 and detroit 69

Even though October 9, 1970 was the first Rolling Stones concert I experienced (after a last minute "no go" to Hyde Park in 1969 due to Brian's sudden death) it would sound very selfish to say that I would like a release of that concert, but I would nevertheless welcome it with all my heart. Such great, great memories there. smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1628
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home