Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick & Keith
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 9, 2022 04:12

I guess we are all observing these magical moments on this tour where there seems to be genuine warmth, respect and even affection between these two. There used to be the occasional smile back in the 70s and 80s but it just seems like now, the stakes are so much higher and they can both sense that anything can happen at any time to anyone. Of course, you can't read too much into these guys, complicated and impenetrable as they are, especially Mick, but it certainly seems like something special is radiating between the two of them.

Re: Mick & Keith
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 9, 2022 04:29

They are human beings. Mick had heart surgery. Charlie died. Ronnie and cancer, Keith and hitting his head yet alone whatever else.

There may be way more weight for them to what they're doing now than ever before because of life. One would think they know time is running out. We're only here now so enjoy it. In 10 years they'll be too whatever to remember June of 2022.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 9, 2022 08:23

Ummm , ok - Mick became a coked out ego maniac. - Keith became a drunken idiot because he couldn’t do heroin anymore.

They clashed- but somehow, someway they saw what we saw.

That thing called The Rolling Stones. It’s not a band, I’m not even sure what it is , but after all their bullshit they’re still hanging on- just like us.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 9, 2022 08:38

It seemed Charlie’s passing had an impact. Keith holding Mick’s hand while he spoke at the first date without Charlie was touching,

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 9, 2022 09:04

but I lurv 'em .........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 9, 2022 09:50

They've been through something together we'll never be able to fathom. Underneath it is a friendship that goes back to childhood. There isn't much time left. There's no time for pettiness. The two of them together created songs that will be listened to long, long after we're all gone.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 9, 2022 12:38

24FPS
They've been through something together we'll never be able to fathom. Underneath it is a friendship that goes back to childhood. There isn't much time left. There's no time for pettiness. The two of them together created songs that will be listened to long, long after we're all gone.

Eloquently put !! Sums it up perfectly. Nothing else need be said !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 9, 2022 13:13

To be honest, I think they have both done and said things that go beyond the petty but, yes, balanced against a lifelong creative relationship and the time they have left (in all probability) it is good to see some of the warmth and apparent affection creeping back into their stage outings at least.

Date: July 9, 2022 13:17

I think their relationship has changed since L'Wren died. After that they got closer.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: July 9, 2022 17:29

They made together biggest machine In show business. Very unusual friendship.
I Hope there is years To go

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 9, 2022 18:18

Warmer together in the last x number of years, warmer still since Charlie died.
Then in HP1, full-blown hugs! Cheers.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: July 9, 2022 18:53

Pics from Hyde Park #2 Thx Hauke Jürgensen smileys with beer

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 9, 2022 19:02

Paddy
It seemed Charlie’s passing had an impact. Keith holding Mick’s hand while he spoke at the first date without Charlie was touching,

I thought so too. It was extremely moving and I don't know how Mick was able to get through his speech. He is a tough one.

Date: July 9, 2022 20:40

Their story makes sense; now looking back. From inseparable, to each finding their own road, to alienation, to the furthest, and silliest point, of "my dick is bigger than yours", and then back. Much wiser. The tragic passing of Charlie seemed to show everything in real light. When you see what mattered all along.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 9, 2022 22:16

Hoping this newfound display of love and camaraderie between them finds it's way in to the album making process they've been struggling with, and hopefully being overly critical of eachothers contributions can be put aside. With all this LOVE they might actually make a great album! Based on the most of the latter years inferior output when they didn't like each other much, maybe a bit of love and respect will give the material a breath of fresh air. Or maybe not...it could all end up an unfocused/confused mish mash and hodgepodge of mediocrity just as all the latter years have been, but if nothing else maybe the love will help them actually finish the album.
In the meantime, it's great to see their mutual admiration publicly displayed on stage...just hope it continues carry over when they're off the road, and continue to have a happy friendship for many years to come.....

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 9, 2022 22:28

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I think their relationship has changed since L'Wren died. After that they got closer.

That's true. A lot of us forget that now, but there was a real dread sense of "how can Mick come back from that" and the way he (they) did I think was the last thing that cemented the legend

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1927
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home