Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: OT: Foo Fighters stuff
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 23, 2023 20:58

RollingFreak
Is Josh Freese

... the new drummer? ... Yes, at least for the tour (but not on the upcoming album)

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 23, 2023 21:25

LeonidP
RollingFreak
Is Josh Freese

... the new drummer? ... Yes, at least for the tour (but not on the upcoming album)

Does Dave drum on the new album (June 2)?

Date: May 24, 2023 01:13

NashvilleBlues
LeonidP
RollingFreak
Is Josh Freese

Yes, definitely! ... Does he drum on every song? ... Not so sure.

OT: Drummers (Stones reference)
Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: May 31, 2023 16:09

The Globe and Mail (Ontario Edition) Wed, May 31, 2023

[globe2go.pressreader.com]

Re: OT: Drummers (Stones reference)
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 31, 2023 16:30

“… the Rheostatics have had a number of drummers, including one early on who quit after the rest of the band told him his grandmother’s cookies were pathetically bad. ” grinning smiley

Nice - thanks Lady Marmalad3!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 31, 2023 17:11

LeonidP
NashvilleBlues
LeonidP
RollingFreak
Is Josh Freese

Yes, definitely! ... Does he drum on every song? ... Not so sure.

Dave drummed on the entire new album:

[www.kerrang.com]

New Foo Fighters album 2023
Date: June 2, 2023 19:40

Solid 3.5/5 stars. It’s the Foo Fighters. You know what you’re going to get, for the most part, but it’s better than I thought it’d be. Hearing Voices is a fantastic song (however, not a typical Foo Fighters song). Last 3 songs seem to be a response to Taylor’s death (other songs hint at this too).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-02 21:12 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: June 2, 2023 22:50

Today the new album came out, it is really good. And tonight they play Rock Am Ring, live streamed on RTL+

[www.tvnow.ch]

sjouke

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 3, 2023 00:33

Liking the new album - well worth a stream (vinyl still in the post)

Date: June 4, 2023 07:05

I was very hopeful when Rescued came out this could be their first great album since Wasting Light.

I was hopeful lol. Oh well, Dave's made a bunch of great music that has entertained me to last a lifetime. But not a full album in a decade I've cared about.

Date: June 4, 2023 17:00

RollingFreak
I was very hopeful when Rescued came out this could be their first great album since Wasting Light.

I was hopeful lol. Oh well, Dave's made a bunch of great music that has entertained me to last a lifetime. But not a full album in a decade I've cared about.

I think it’s their best LP since Wasting Light. After 2 listens, it is a well-written, excellently produced rock album. Give me this any day over Maneskin, Wet Leg, or any other flavor of the month. This is rock. High energy, no frills, no relying on some pretentious visual image.

Date: June 4, 2023 18:49

NashvilleBlues
RollingFreak

I think it’s their best LP since Wasting Light. After 2 listens, it is a well-written, excellently produced rock album. Give me this any day over Maneskin, Wet Leg, or any other flavor of the month. This is rock. High energy, no frills, no relying on some pretentious visual image.

I put Sonic Highways above Wasting Light, as well as the Sound City collab. 2 listens so far on the new one ... eh, it's ok, maybe I'll like it more after another couple.

Date: June 4, 2023 21:34

LeonidP
NashvilleBlues
RollingFreak

I put Sonic Highways above Wasting Light, as well as the Sound City collab. 2 listens so far on the new one ... eh, it's ok, maybe I'll like it more after another couple.

I hear ya. It’s subjective, as always. Speaking of Sonic Highways, I was at The Ryman on that tour. They debuted Congregation that night (as it was written in Nashville). $25 tickets, I believe. Halloween, King Diamond face paint, Zac Brown joining the band for War Pigs. And Tony Joe White of Polk Salad Annie fame. So awesome.

[www.setlist.fm]

OT: Foo Fighters stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 24, 2023 16:45

Dave Grohl joined Taylor Hawkins' cover band Chevy Metal in California on Monday. "Bitch' was one of the songs covered,

More > [pitchfork.com]

Date: October 2, 2023 17:24

Date: October 29, 2023 13:06

"Saturday Night Live", October 28

Date: October 29, 2023 22:21

Rescued and Under You I thought were good songs on the new Foo Fighters record. It was steep drop from there, though HER I guess made The Glass not as bad on SNL. Rescued seemed like it might be a decent record, and ultimately being about as forgettable as the last decade of releases from them.

Date: October 29, 2023 23:06

RollingFreak
Rescued and Under You I thought were good songs on the new Foo Fighters record. It was steep drop from there, though HER I guess made The Glass not as bad on SNL. Rescued seemed like it might be a decent record, and ultimately being about as forgettable as the last decade of releases from them.

To each their own, obviously, but I think it’s clearly their best album since Wasting Light.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 12, 2023 09:38

Violet Grohl was the featured guest on David Bowie's long pianist Mike Garson's residency at the tiny Sun Rose (capacity 120) tonight but Dave dueted with her on Show Me How and played drums on Heart Shaped Box.

She was great. If she wants to have a music career she has to be able to touch people who don't know or care who her father is and she is definitely capable of that.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home