Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones merch
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 29, 2022 12:24

For the collectors out there who aren’t prone to nightmares… found at 4 am on the local Buy and Sell and now I can’t sleep!
eye popping smiley

(I am reliably informed that it is overpriced!)

Re: Stones Merch 2002 Licks Tour Dragon Blanket
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 29, 2022 12:30

US-$ 80.00 - [www.eBay.com] :

Large picture

Re: Stones Merch 2002 Licks Tour Dragon Blanket
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 29, 2022 17:29

Irix
US-$ 80.00 - [www.eBay.com] :

Large picture

Try getting a bootleg shirt it’s cheaper and most likely better design, in Denver 2019 I found two neat ones, still in perfect shape!

Re: Stones merch
Posted by: Nankstone ()
Date: June 24, 2023 23:35

sf37
Nankstone
Great clip, thanks !

For me as a pin collector (about 120 different Stones pins (without buttons)), the pin for the "Tour of the Americas 1975" is one highlight of the clip.
It would fit well into my collection.

That sounds like an awesome collection! Do you plan to keep them in a frame behind glass for display, once completed? I've done something similar with some rare hockey pins I've collected over the years.

These threat sounds better than the Bill Wyman threat.
OK, now my answer to your question.

No, I didn't collect the pins in frames or anything like that.
I've been collecting the pins since the 90s, meanwhile around 120 pcs. at now, however, not all are officially released pins.
The storage of my pins has changed since then.
Of course, some are still in the original boxes (e.g. the pin box for the "Exhibitionism" for the "No Filter Tour" (US & EU) or the "Sixty" pins, etc.)
At some point a friend gave me a bar towel with a tongue (see picture 1) - at that time I stuck the pins on it until there were too many.
Then about 10 years ago I got a cylinder (see picture 2) on which there are now many pins, but there is no more space for pins.
I recently saw a great pin storage box on Joe Bonamassa's website (see link) - but it's too expensive for me....
Then I had the idea of building a box myself in a similar way - not in the shape of a guitar, but in the shape of a tongue.winking smiley
A friend of mine is a carpenter and I will help him - we want to tackle the project together and hope to have 2 such boxes ready by around Christmas, one for me and one for him - he doesn't collect pins, but wants it for others use memorabilia.
When the boxes are finished I'll post a picture of them.

In picture 3, 4 and 5 my three favorite pins cool smiley
No.1 - I think the design is simply fantastic, small, simple but ingenious. I got the pin about 15 years ago from a contact in Argentina, unfortunately the contact was lost...
No.2 - not an official pin either, but still a pretty rare and (for me) beautiful pin - the big dragon pin!
No.3 - a very rare unofficial pin. As far as I know (don't know if it's true) it was ONLY sold at the two concerts in 1990 in Berlin Weissensee - the pin shows the outline of East & West Berlin with a small line showing the wall at that time.
Weißensee 13.8.1990 was my first Stones concert, so this is for me a very special memory pin ...

ca. 75 Pin / 3 Buttons

ca. 30 Pins / 7 Buttons

Pin Collect Guitar Box
[shop.jbonamassa.com]

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 25, 2023 02:59

I always find someone's small collection of good merchandise far more interesting than a collector who buys everything all that means to me ok you have a lot of stuff. I'm a minimalist collector of Stones merchandise and like to keep it that way

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 25, 2023 03:46

Nankstone, thanks so much for sharing your collection.
Your highlighted three are so nice, hadn't seen that last one at all.

--from another pin collector, mostly tongues cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 25, 2023 09:56

@colonial
I understand your opinion and basically I'm also a minimalistic collector (pins are pretty small grinning smiley)
But seriously, I'm also not a collector who collects everything - just pins - and of course the most of the music (but I don't need LPs in 10 different colors and other nonsense).

@ angee
Oh another pin collector, thanks for yours response.smileys with beer
As already mentioned, not all of my pins can be seen in the pictures (the ones in the original boxes and on the back of the cylinder are missing).
My posting was only a answer of collecting pins in relation to sf37's question.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 25, 2023 11:04

The dragon pin is really great. Never saw that one. Enjoy!

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: June 25, 2023 11:34

Nankstone
@colonial
I understand your opinion and basically I'm also a minimalistic collector (pins are pretty small grinning smiley)
But seriously, I'm also not a collector who collects everything - just pins - and of course the most of the music (but I don't need LPs in 10 different colors and other nonsense).

@ angee
As already mentioned, not all of my pins can be seen in the pictures (the ones in the original boxes and on the back of the cylinder are missing).

Indeed, a very impressive pin set, Nankstone! Thanks for responding and sharing. Many of these pins must be worth a pretty penny, but even more valuable from a sentimental standpoint. The fact that you no longer have that contact in Argentina may make it moreso. Looking forward to seeing pics of those completed tongue boxes!

Date: June 25, 2023 12:15

frankotero

Bill Wyman also had a pin badge with the 1975 eagle - [www.JuliensLive.com] , [www.JuliensLive.com] .

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 25, 2023 12:24

Nankstone
@colonial

@ angee

Nankstone was just say'n that was all. btw cool pin collection

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: June 25, 2023 12:55

Irix
frankotero

Bill Wyman also had a pin badge with the 1975 eagle - [www.JuliensLive.com] , [www.JuliensLive.com] .

Yes, I know Irix, but the price is too high for me (especially since I already have about half of the pins from the link).
I'm can say that there are still 20 - 40 pins missing from my collection, but not at any price ... winking smiley

Date: June 25, 2023 14:35

There was also a collection of pin-badges by the German Stones-fan Reinhold Karpp (1946-2012) who lived near the city of Bonn and whose Stones-Collection is since 2017 part of the Centre of Popular Culture and Music (ZPKM) in Freiburg - [www.Baden.fm] , [iorr.org] . Pictures of this collection can also be found via Google image-search.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-25 14:45 by Irix.

Date: June 25, 2023 16:54

Thanks again Irix, i've seen the collection (i think 2018 on my holiday in Freiburg and Switzerland) and had a little contact to Reinholds Daughter. I think she managed the exhibition together with the ZPKM.
But out of respect for Reinhold's death, I would never have asked her if there were any pins for sale or similar.
I don't collect doggedly, I also like to give away pins as a gift, or trade some with friends.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 25, 2023 17:55

Unfortunately we're close to many more stories like Reinhold Karpp. I'm leaving it to my Wife to do as she wants. Gave her the option to call some friends to sell it or just throw it in the trash. Can you imagine walking by a huge Rock and Roll collection in the trash. I would lose my mind.smiling smiley

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: June 25, 2023 20:01

Nankstone
Irix
frankotero

Yes, I know Irix, but the price is too high for me (especially since I already have about half of the pins from the link).
I'm can say that there are still 20 - 40 pins missing from my collection, but not at any price ... winking smiley

You rarely see this pin… it’s a really tough and highly desired one. This was actually a fair market price for just that pin, let alone the fact it was Bill’s. Some of the more common stuff that was Bill’s went crazy just because it was his. I call these items popular rarities. Common enough for most collectors to know about and want. People generally only want what they know. The Lust badge that Bill wore a lot on that tour including on the tour poster only went for $585. Had that been properly described it was $2,000 all day long.

Everything that isn’t unique is in theory findable for a steal it’s just very unlikely. I have had only 4 or 5 of the eagle pins in enamel and just 2 of them much rarer silver and gold one (there is a story about that one in my book). Only one of the enamel ones did I get cheap but I had to buy a whole bag of badges. This guy came up to my friends stall at a record convention and said “do you buy badges” we asked him to have a look and he tipped them out onto a spare piece of table top. Boom there it was! There were 100 badges but it was literally the only one I could see. The guy insisted I had to take the lot, I would have given him the same for just the Jet Eagle.

Date: June 25, 2023 23:43

Thanks also for your response MattLee, you are a great collector.
Sadly it doesn't work that we get a meeting in London (if you remember) and a visit to your museum in October 2022, but hopely next time winking smiley

Of course, with personal possessions (e.g. from Bill Wyman) such prices go through the roof. That's why I try to look for rare but affordable pins on music markets or on the Internet.
It is logical that i have to spend more money for really rare pieces like the jet eagle pin.
But as already mentioned, I'm not constantly "hunting" for new pins, I only buy when it suits me and then I'm happy about the addition to my collection.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-26 11:50 by Nankstone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1619
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home