Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: O. T. Abba in London tonight.
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 31, 2022 12:50

dandelion1967

This is so freaking cringe. Universal blocked the video...just because it's the same as the original recording.

There're new (short) video-clips available on YouTube if you search after Abba Arena and set filters. Maybe it's a cat & mouse game between upload & removal.

Re: O. T. Abba in London tonight May 26th 2022.
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 31, 2022 13:58

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 31, 2022 14:00

Irix
dandelion1967

This is so freaking cringe. Universal blocked the video...just because it's the same as the original recording.

There're new (short) video-clips available on YouTube if you search after Abba Arena and set filters. Maybe it's a cat & mouse game between upload & removal.

You can also search for everything Abba and set the upload date to the last few days

Date: May 31, 2022 14:20

Nikkei

You can also search for everything Abba and set the upload date to the last few days

Yep - but probably too many results because people upload everything of Abba .... winking smiley

Date: May 31, 2022 14:32

Irix
Nikkei

Yep - but probably too many results because people upload everything of Abba .... winking smiley

Yeah I've also looked at actual Abba waving at fans. but this is also how you would find Stones clips during a tour that are not properly tagged. That becomes much more difficult later on

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 31, 2022 15:24

crawdaddy

This is extraordinary, and the light show along with the overall stage production is mind boggling.
There's a tinge of artificiality and perhaps a bit of creepiness, but generally very impressive.
After all these years - Abba...blazing trails for the future....

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: May 31, 2022 16:42

I've gotten to see more footage, and it does look like an amazing spectacle. It's like they can create a virtual set for each song and make the background stretch into infinity. It could be the next generation of theater design. I like the way you can't see the edges of the big screen.

The figures themselves occasionally have a slight unreal quality to them on the close ups, as if you're looking at a sophisticated video game character. But imho it's only visible once in a while and only if I'm really looking for it. Most of the time the close ups are convincing. The amazing part to me is the life size versions on the center of the stage. They look absolutely real. It's wild.

The backdrop for Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie is cool.

I wasn't sure about the simulated lens they're using for Lay Your Love On Me the first time I saw it, but seeing it again I think it's a nice way of varying the whole look of the song.

Date: May 31, 2022 16:50

jahisnotdead

I like the way you can't see the edges of the big screen.

But from certain viewing angles you can clearly see that's big flat-screen because the Abbatars appear quite flat. Real 3D would be nice but requires double screen-resolution and 3D-glasses ....

Date: May 31, 2022 17:03

Irix
jahisnotdead

I like the way you can't see the edges of the big screen.

But from certain viewing angles you can clearly see that's big flat-screen because the Abbatars appear quite flat. Real 3D would be nice but requires double screen-resolution and 3D-glasses ....

I very rarely see any of those tells in most of the footage, though. I'm sure standing close and at an angle it would look weird and flat, but from the center near the back of the theater it looks convincing to my eyes. The syncing of the theater lights and the lights behind and on them in the video portion really sells the illusion for me.

Date: May 31, 2022 18:39

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-01 00:05 by crawdaddy.

Date: June 3, 2022 22:04

[www.youtube.com] How f*cking great is this song why didn't anyone ever tell me about that

Date: June 3, 2022 22:44

Nikkei
[www.youtube.com] How f*cking great is this song why didn't anyone ever tell me about that

I am glad that I am not the only person in the world who likes "King Kong Song." People call it ABBA's worst song, but I think it jumps.

I would also suggest checking out "Lovers (Live A Little Longer)"

https://youtu.be/bAz0eb5y_Tc

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 3, 2022 22:45

jahisnotdead
Nikkei

I am glad that I am not the only person in the world who likes "King Kong Song." People call it ABBA's worst song, but I think it jumps.

Is there really such a thing as "worst song" from ABBA?
I think not.....winking smiley

Date: June 3, 2022 23:18

Hairball
Is there really such a thing as "worst song" from ABBA?
I think not.....winking smiley

cool smiley

I've never been able to stand "The Winner Takes It All" and there are a lot of ABBA songs I can take or leave, but I did do a deep dive in the last few weeks and I have renewed appreciation for their music and songwriting. I like catchy songs with big, good hooks, and ABBA does deliver on that, no doubt.

"Voulez Vous" is a really well-written and well-produced song. "S.O.S" was especially interesting because the verses are so melancholy but the chorus is bright and sunny.

Date: June 4, 2022 17:45

A couple of videos that hopefully will stay on YouTube.

Date: June 6, 2022 12:51

jahisnotdead
Nikkei

I enjoyed that but it's much more in the way I'd expect from them. Bit schmaltzy and overproduced even if it's live. But I marvel at the songwriting. Lots of songwriters with english as their mother tongue wouldn't have managed to come off so naturally with something so hysterical and the backing vocals really are like authentic California surf stuff

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 6, 2022 19:49

By the looks of the band, if I didn't look close enough I would have thought I was getting ready to see a Yes concert.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2293
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home