Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314
Current Page: 14 of 14
Re: SIXTY Tour new stage
Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 18, 2022 11:45

In Germany, a few acts had to pull out of Wacken Open Air. On of the reasons is logistics - there is not enough crew and other tour personell around, so simply some tours have been cancelled altogehter or replacement dates are hard to organize.
Many, many people seem to have left the business.

Given that, I can fully understand that the Stones are traveling with a low-key production this time.

Most important technical aspect to me is the sound. As long as they don't cut down on that, I'm okay with what they come up with, given the circumstances.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 18, 2022 12:40

Papo
In Germany, a few acts had to pull out of Wacken Open Air. On of the reasons is logistics - there is not enough crew and other tour personell around, so simply some tours have been cancelled altogehter or replacement dates are hard to organize.

Given that, I can fully understand that the Stones are traveling with a low-key production this time.

Most important technical aspect to me is the sound. As long as they don't cut down on that, I'm okay with what they come up with, given the circumstances.
True. A friend of mine who is a music journalist and has close connections to the local promoters also told me recently that festivals are being canceled because there is not enough personal.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 20, 2022 17:55

San Siro Stadium, Milan, Italia

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: June 20, 2022 22:03

Papo

Such a shame if that's correct. Saw the band in Liverpool and ok it wasnt their most adventurous or creative of stages (they've set the bar so high), but i still thought it was a brilliant and fantastic show !! But as said above, and more to the point imho, as long as the sound is great, that's the most important thing for me. And the sound in Liverpool was first class and they cranked up the volume (particularly at the key guitar parts) as the show progressed

Date: June 20, 2022 22:36

My impression is that live sound improved a lot over the past few years. At least since 2015 I haven't been to a show that had bad sound, be it in a stadium or arena or small venue.
I have been to shows with good sound before (U2 in 1997 and 2009/10, Hyde Park 2013) but these were notable exceptions. Nowadays it's always close to perfection.

What do you think?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 20, 2022 22:49

Papo
My impression is that live sound improved a lot over the past few years. At least since 2015 I haven't been to a show that had bad sound, be it in a stadium or arena or small venue.
I have been to shows with good sound before (U2 in 1997 and 2009/10, Hyde Park 2013) but these were notable exceptions. Nowadays it's always close to perfection.

What do you think?

I agree totally. Sound has improved overall since I started going to concerts in the mid-90's. However, one of the worst sound-wise recently was Elton John in Knoxville. Not a full, warm sound. Sounded thin and treble-y.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 21, 2022 01:16

I am still amazed (or annoyed) at how inconsistent sound can be.

In the early 1990s (and beyond) there was a festival in Australia called The Big Day Out. I remember sound was variable and actually pretty shit - at the 1994 Bih Day Out I started out sitting in the stands and I could barely hear what was happening in stage…the same year I saw Paul McCartney at Parramatta Stadium and that was a definite step up in quality…..fast forward two years to Voodoo Lounge and I was amazed by the sound quality (especially since I had just seen Pearl
Jam At Eastern Creek in Sydney and the sound there was mediocre). Moving forward to 1997 and Bridges to Babylon in Edmonton and that was another huge step forward. I think nowadays sound (and indeed production quality) is much better and much more consistent and I truly believe we have the Stones (especially Mick) to thank for this.

Date: June 21, 2022 01:40

Have been to quite a lot of concerts this year and don't think the Stones' sound stood out as the best. The sound is reeeally, really crisp these days, so crisp that the treble sounds too sharp, especially combined with the amps that Keith and Ronnie play.
Also I think the bass could be much more prominent and consistent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-21 01:40 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 21, 2022 02:16

StonedRambler
Have been to quite a lot of concerts this year and don't think the Stones' sound stood out as the best. The sound is reeeally, really crisp these days, so crisp that the treble sounds too sharp, especially combined with the amps that Keith and Ronnie play.

I think exactly this is the magic of The Rolling Stones Sound. Their Sound has lese bass. Most big Bands use subwoofers.the Stones don't and t
Because of that you can hear more nuances.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: June 21, 2022 02:26

NilsHolgersson

Thanx for posting. Nice pictures of the stage going up in Italy. Looks like the larger side screens also. Can't quite tell yet?

Date: June 21, 2022 18:38

Only two days ago Marco Mengoni played the same stadium the Stones play today. Seems to be an advantage of the new stage design to be just able to put the frames and the catwalk at an already existing stage. With a bigger stage it might have been much harder to book dates this summer as everyone is on tour right now.

Date: June 21, 2022 18:39

hockenheim95
StonedRambler

I think exactly this is the magic of The Rolling Stones Sound. Their Sound has lese bass. Most big Bands use subwoofers.the Stones don't and t
Kinda true but still it would be cool to be able to hear what Darryl plays.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: June 21, 2022 19:07

StonedRambler
Only two days ago Marco Mengoni played the same stadium the Stones play today. Seems to be an advantage of the new stage design to be just able to put the frames and the catwalk at an already existing stage. With a bigger stage it might have been much harder to book dates this summer as everyone is on tour right now.
Same situation in Vienna where GN'R play only two days before.

Date: June 21, 2022 19:13

bernard90mike
StonedRambler
Same situation in Vienna where GN'R play only two days before.

Maybe that is the main reason for this "cheaper" stage design. That this summer the stadiums are so fully booked that there are just not enough free days to build a super-huge custom stage for half a week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-21 19:14 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 21, 2022 20:30

swaff
NilsHolgersson

Thanx for posting. Nice pictures of the stage going up in Italy. Looks like the larger side screens also. Can't quite tell yet?
Nope! It's the small side screens tonight. Have a great show Milano!!!

Date: June 21, 2022 20:32

Screens are the same, only the size of the lower frames varies. Looks like the big frames tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-21 20:43 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: bluecore ()
Date: June 21, 2022 21:41

hockenheim95
StonedRambler

[m.soundcloud.com]

Date: June 21, 2022 22:51

Thanks!

Date: June 22, 2022 04:15

StonedRambler
Screens are the same, only the size of the lower frames varies. Looks like the big frames tonight.

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with-cha StonedRambler, and that's ok. Rawk

Date: June 22, 2022 04:21

swaff
StonedRambler

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with-cha StonedRambler, and that's ok. Rawk

Then again I believe you are correct. "Rawk", again.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314
Current Page: 14 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2192
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home