Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones biographies
Posted by: Turner ()
Date: April 26, 2022 03:47

I finally read "Ronnie" and wasn't nearly as impressed as I was with "Life". He really glossed over so many important things and it it was a very disjointed narrative. I think Keith's is the best, most thought out Stones-related book I have read. I still haven't read Wyman's "Stone Alone". What are some ideas on the most illuminating books about the boys?

Re: Stones biographies
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 26, 2022 04:19

Up and Down with the Rolling Stones. Trashy & "Truthy".

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: April 26, 2022 04:37

I thought Tony's book too trashy...Old Gods Almost Dead was better in my opinion

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 26, 2022 05:39

It's a "to each their own" kinda thing.. I enjoyed Stone Alone the most, yet have heard from many they disliked it..; And I found Life ok, yet most say it's the best

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 26, 2022 06:34

stone alone is probably the best stones autobiography

and is a must read

but it still has some issue namely bill trying to justify his realitionship with mandy smith

it's just a couple pages in the beginning but do yourself a favor when the subject of mandy comes up skip ahead a few pages

as for other books on the stones true adventures (dance with the devil) by stanely booth is a must read/own

but boy do i hope charlie left a finished manuscript sitting around because his is the book i've always wanted to read

i mean i know half of it will just be him talking about his jazz heroes but to me that's part of the charm

oh and you might look for the dec 95 issue of rolling stone with the jagger remembers interview

it's the closest you'll get to jagger autobiography and it's definetly better then the existing jagger bios

and as for the worst book ever writen about the stones i defy anyone to provide a better example then everybody's lucifer

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 26, 2022 07:54

“According to the Rolling Stones” is worth a read. They all chime in on whatever topic in chronological order.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home