Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Hot Stuff Archive - Rolling Stones Museum in London - now open
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 3, 2022 20:51

Dear All,

I am delighted to announce that following on from the success of the Hot Stuff book I am opening the archive to be viewed and enjoyed by all in a newly fitted custom display space in central London.

It's not quite ready yet but it will be by the London dates and the space will display over five times more stuff than the mini museum that I opened in my home for the last tour.

My thrill is sharing my passion and knowledge of collecting all things Rolling Stones so it's completely free to visit. I will be opening as much as possible before, between and after the Hyde Park shows. I will share more info on timings and location very soon.

Thanks,
Matt
P.S. None of this would be possible without the amazing people helping me get the displays ready!

OPENING HOURS AND OTHER DETAILS:

For an appointment please email Ellen at etro62@icloud.com with your name, desired date and time and the number of people in your party. You don't absolutely need an appointment but it will really help with traffic especially if you are more than one or two people. It's 100% Free.

24th June - Noon til 5pm
25th June - Closed - Show Day
26th June - Noon til 5pm
27th June - Noon til 5pm

1st July - Noon til 5pm
2nd July - Noon til 5pm
3rd July - Closed - Show Day
4th July - Noon til 5pm

Address: 7 Arts Lane, London, SE16 3GB
It is 8 minutes walk from Bermondsey Station on the Jubilee line which is only12 minutes from Bond Street (super fast line with few stations). I walk all the way to the centre and it's about an hour.

LINKS:

Hot Stuff Archive - The Rolling Stones Museum in London - by Matt Lee (IORR report)

Matt Lee's Hot Stuff Museum Opening
(Facebook Events entry)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-26 10:59 by bv.

Re: Hot Stuff Archive - A Rolling Stones Museum - opens in London
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 3, 2022 21:00

Really great idea. Hope all the best success. Hope to be there this summer. Good timing too.smileys with beer

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: April 3, 2022 21:02

Hi Matt,

I received your book for Xmas and love it. Have you ever thought of doing a price guide for Stones memorabilia and records?

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 3, 2022 21:32

Thank you Matt

See you there

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: April 3, 2022 21:42

Splendid!! Looking forward to seeing this around the Hyde shows. Thanks, Matt!

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: April 3, 2022 22:11

Nice one, hope to visit during one of the London concerts.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 3, 2022 22:14

Great to hear that you’re going to do that Matt!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 3, 2022 22:22

I knew you would achieve your goal, Matt! The passion in your soul was there when I visited your home museum in 2018.
Great news, man!

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: April 3, 2022 23:16

Congratulations Matt !
It will be a must see in London soon.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 3, 2022 23:57

Well done to you Matt for getting it ready by the London dates.

Really looking forward to the Tour, and seeing old friends again as well as The Rolling Stones live again. smileys with beer

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 4, 2022 00:01

This is great, we will visit it in the summer for sure. Congratulations!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 4, 2022 00:40

That is awesome Matt! I had fun checking out the mini exhibit at your home - seems ages ago!

Look forward to seeing the museum this summer in London. Rock on and see you on the rail smiling smiley

Sparkly Top
ox

Date: April 4, 2022 00:53

timmyj3

I received your book for Xmas and love it. Have you ever thought of doing a price guide for Stones memorabilia and records?

Glad you love the book... I have indeed thought about a price guide, in fact the publisher wanted to call the book Priceless! However I wanted to avoid prices as they can be as misleading as they are helpful. The market has moved significantly over the years I have been collecting. eBay has been a big driver, something someone believed to be impossibly rare can now be found wherever it is for sale in the world. On the flip side some items that never appear on the open market have proved to be much rarer than people imagined.

Rarity isn't the only driver of value though, how visually appealing the item is makes a massive difference. For example: there are many more people that would collect a rare concert poster from the early 70's than would be interested in a hotel rooming sheet from the same time, despite the rooming sheet being much rarer!

A price guide would work for records although Discogs does a great job of showing actual results. For memorabilia the variables are just too many for a guide to be meaningful. I do however have an awesome idea in this space that I may well do (if I get the time!)

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 4, 2022 02:11

Dangit, will miss this opening! Congrats, Matty!
Maybe catch you to say hi in AMS.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: April 4, 2022 03:10

mattleeuk
timmyj3

Glad you love the book... I have indeed thought about a price guide, in fact the publisher wanted to call the book Priceless! However I wanted to avoid prices as they can be as misleading as they are helpful. The market has moved significantly over the years I have been collecting. eBay has been a big driver, something someone believed to be impossibly rare can now be found wherever it is for sale in the world. On the flip side some items that never appear on the open market have proved to be much rarer than people imagined.

Rarity isn't the only driver of value though, how visually appealing the item is makes a massive difference. For example: there are many more people that would collect a rare concert poster from the early 70's than would be interested in a hotel rooming sheet from the same time, despite the rooming sheet being much rarer!

A price guide would work for records although Discogs does a great job of showing actual results. For memorabilia the variables are just too many for a guide to be meaningful. I do however have an awesome idea in this space that I may well do (if I get the time!)

Thanks you Matt!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 4, 2022 03:21

Great news Matt! What you’ve built is amazing. So looking forward to seeing the new space this summer.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 4, 2022 10:35

Good luck

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 4, 2022 10:51

Great news. If you need any extra help setting it up, please let me know.

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: April 4, 2022 11:34

I really can't wait to visit! Hopefully will get to finally meet you in person Matt smiling smiley I'll bring my copy of Hot Stuff on the off-chance of getting it signed winking smiley

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: April 4, 2022 11:35

Great news!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 4, 2022 11:37

smileys with beer

- Doxa

Date: April 5, 2022 14:49

Barkerboy2
I really can't wait to visit! Hopefully will get to finally meet you in person Matt smiling smiley I'll bring my copy of Hot Stuff on the off-chance of getting it signed winking smiley

Very happy to sign copies of Hot Stuff! To be complete you need ChrisL too… it would never have happened with his commitment to helping me find everything and writing up all the stories. I have bought a couple of epic collections since the book was published so there is lots more to see at the archive!

I am always look to acquire more items so please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have anything you think I might be interested in….

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 5, 2022 17:30

Very generous of you, Matt
Best of luck with the museum.
I hope that I get to see it someday.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 5, 2022 17:33

Looking forward to it!

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: April 5, 2022 20:53

I was hoping to hear the museum would be open for my visit to London.
Will we need a reservation?

Date: April 6, 2022 01:40

Chitown23
I was hoping to hear the museum would be open for my visit to London.
Will we need a reservation?

I will publishing opening times... announcing it here was just the extra motivation to getting it finished in time... I will most likely open everyday between the shows and a little before and after too. Going forward by appointment but at tour time I want to try and accommodate everyone that wants to come.

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: April 7, 2022 14:27

mattleeuk
Barkerboy2

Very happy to sign copies of Hot Stuff! To be complete you need ChrisL too… it would never have happened with his commitment to helping me find everything and writing up all the stories. I have bought a couple of epic collections since the book was published so there is lots more to see at the archive!

I am always look to acquire more items so please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have anything you think I might be interested in….

Thanks Matt! I definitely will bring it then! I am really looking forward to visiting. It is very generoud of you not to charge admission, but needless to say, I would have been happy to - I think I speak for everyone here smiling smiley

Posted by: Peachykindagirl ()
Date: April 7, 2022 15:18

Hi Matt wow that’s great. Thanks for sharing. would be awesome if the museum would be open to us who are going to be in London between the Liverpool and Amsterdam shows June 10-11. Just a suggestion

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-07 15:20 by Peachykindagirl.

Date: April 8, 2022 20:06

Peachykindagirl
Hi Matt wow that’s great. Thanks for sharing. would be awesome if the museum would be open to us who are going to be in London between the Liverpool and Amsterdam shows June 10-11. Just a suggestion

Yes, that's very possible, before and after the first and second Hyde Park shows too. We have been working hard on the space all day... lots more to do but the pressure is on now I have committed and there will be lots of genuinely awesome stuff to see.

Date: April 19, 2022 20:11

I have started display building in earnest...

Here is a sneak peak at my 67 to 70 display... (yes those are 73 passes in the wrong place!)

Some highlights: Keith's Altamont top, RMS1, Brian's funeral address & programme, Hyde Park 69 Pass, Mobile Studio recording etc... etc...

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home