Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My fantasy Rolling Stones Night this year!
Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: March 30, 2022 05:54

One night at a fabulous venue, like the Royal Albert Hall, where they have an intermission, and in the first half they play their brand-new album in its entirety from beginning to end, with a whole host of supporting musicians, and then the second half they do an hour of hits!
And at the end of the concert, the new album is released online, and everybody can buy a copy, always given a copy of the new album on my way out!

Re: My fantasy Rolling Stones Night this year!
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 30, 2022 06:10

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 30, 2022 20:59

guyrachel
One night at a fabulous venue, like the Royal Albert Hall, where they have an intermission, and in the first half they play their brand-new album in its entirety from beginning to end, with a whole host of supporting musicians, and then the second half they do an hour of hits!
And at the end of the concert, the new album is released online, and everybody can buy a copy, always given a copy of the new album on my way out!

Wouldn't that be great? I wish they would do something like that. Make a big splash and think outside the box.

Dropping a new stones album with little or no advance notice is the one sliver of hope that I keep alive, even though I think the chances are pretty slim.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 31, 2022 00:18

I’m likely in the minority here, but I can never process a song properly if I hear it live in a crowd for the first time. I get much more from hearing it live if I’m at least slightly familiar with it, and can appreciate the nuances much better.

There must be some others who feel the same. The Tragically Hip got it. This, from Courage - For Hugh MacLennan…

Watch the band through a bunch of dancers
Quickly, follow the unknown with something more familiar
Quickly, something familiar
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter…

Not sure whether they played this when they opened for the Stones.

[m.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home