Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: PIT tickets 2022
Posted by: steadyrollinman ()
Date: March 19, 2022 17:03

slewan

maybe that's why there's no price printed on the tickets you get thru LD (at least not after 2014)

Interesting. But wouldn't this mean then that LD tickets are a predefined mix of different ticket categories and that unsold tickets have no influence whatsoever on LDs?

Regarding the example you mentioned of Berlin '18: do you remember if the pit tickets handed to LD owners had a price on it? Or would they just print new tickets with no price?

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 19, 2022 17:05

not wanting to end up with nosebleeds (even if with LDs they still would have been way cheaper than buying a regular ticket on the stands far away and high up and therefore better than buying them for the regular price), and just wanting to be certain to get great tickets, in the end we decided against LDs after all...like this we know for sure that we will be in the Pit in Vienna

But I still think it's a great way for people who don't have that money to spend to get tickets at all and maybe even in the Pit. I don't mind if someone next to me in the Pit got there by Lucky Dip...we all are just there to watch the guys play

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 19, 2022 17:41

steadyrollinman
slewan

maybe that's why there's no price printed on the tickets you get thru LD (at least not after 2014)

Interesting. But wouldn't this mean then that LD tickets are a predefined mix of different ticket categories and that unsold tickets have no influence whatsoever on LDs?

Regarding the example you mentioned of Berlin '18: do you remember if the pit tickets handed to LD owners had a price on it? Or would they just print new tickets with no price?

1. Unsold tickets have an influence on that on what is in the LD pool. LDs are not done for charity reasons in first place. They are used to avoid empty seats/spots especially in front of the stage.
LD tickets are usually printed on the day of the show or only a few days before the show (on most tickets you'll find the date on which it was printed (take a close look on tickets from the past!)). In other words: what is in the LD pool is decided only shortly before the show. Otherwise LD ticket would not make sense at all (seen from the promotor's point of view)

2. as I wrote in the other thread: after 2014 the price hasn't been printed on LD tickets anymore. Beside that they look more or less the same like any other ticket. In some cased the words 'Lucky Dip' is added.

Date: March 19, 2022 17:44

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 19, 2022 18:39

slewan

1. Unsold tickets have an influence on that on what is in the LD pool. LDs are not done for charity reasons in first place. They are used to avoid empty seats/spots especially in front of the stage.
LD tickets are usually printed on the day of the show or only a few days before the show (on most tickets you'll find the date on which it was printed (take a close look on tickets from the past!)). In other words: what is in the LD pool is decided only shortly before the show. Otherwise LD ticket would not make sense at all (seen from the promotor's point of view)

1. True to an extent.. but more so in the past.
Many in '19 and definitely most in the '21 US tours, were pre-designated (mostly) for lower bowl- side stage- and pit, with very few exceptions. Occasionally, like LA-2 they went with upper bowl side stage, as opposed to lower, but the vast majority were side stage lower bowl & pits.

Likely them not caring as much about, or there not being, empty spaces in the rafters anymore imo.
That said.. wouldn't count on that formula continuing in Europe.. as that wasn't the case their last time there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-19 19:01 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 19, 2022 19:04

I think the lower bowl side tickets were "premium" seats that hadn't sold. Had friends get club seats in LA which were great but not for the highest priced tickets. People don't usually buy those for concerts at club level prices when only pit and front section reserved on floor cost more.

Date: March 19, 2022 19:32

I know they say ticket locations are throughout the venue, but has anyone ever gotten a Gold Circle or GA ticket for their Lucky Dips?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 19, 2022 19:37

steadyrollinman
I know they say ticket locations are throughout the venue, but has anyone ever gotten a Gold Circle or GA ticket for their Lucky Dips?

I got everything! Good Seats, bad Seats, field Seats, Pit, Golden Circle, Silver Pit and GA

Date: March 19, 2022 20:01

Good to know. Thanks!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 19, 2022 20:11

steadyrollinman

I had LD three times: good seats, GA and No Filter Pit. All of the concerts were awesome!!!

Date: March 19, 2022 21:36

steadyrollinman

out of 8 times LD I got

pit: Hamburg 2017, Munich 2017, Dublin 2018, Berlin 2018

golden circle: London 2018 (both shows)

GA: Düsseldorf 2017, Prague 2018

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 20, 2022 00:08

For last No Filter in US, in Las Vegas, person who shared pair with me had these LDs: rear side, high row.
I just stayed with my other ticket, back GA.

I think LD to Pit is more common in Europe, and, in general, for shows that aren't as popular.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: SteveDMosley ()
Date: March 20, 2022 00:18

steadyrollinman

GA in London 2018
GC in Stuttgart 2018

Posted by: Peachykindagirl ()
Date: March 20, 2022 00:23

I thought the 2021 stage was a bit lower than 2019

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 20, 2022 00:28

In recent years with Lucky Dips:

No Filter 2021 - Pit at L.A. #2, and VIP section lower bowl for L.A. #1 about 30 yards back from stage (was able to maneuver to the field next to the b-stage/catwalk).
No Filter 2019 - Pit at both Santa Clara and Glendale.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 20, 2022 02:50

Hairball

No Filter 2021 - Pit at L.A. #2, and VIP section lower bowl for L.A. #1 about 30 yards back from stage (was able to maneuver to the field next to the b-stage/catwalk).

You got a LD Pit in 2021? Seems like people weren’t as successful with LD Pits in 2021. I may be wrong. What is the consensus?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 20, 2022 03:14

NashvilleBlues
Hairball

You got a LD Pit in 2021? Seems like people weren’t as successful with LD Pits in 2021. I may be wrong. What is the consensus?

Sure did, along with fellow IORR member artedm. I know several others who also got Pit for the same show.
I recall some here ended up further back...side/rear lower bowl, etc., etc..

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 20, 2022 04:01

Only did the LD route once for Vegas. Was the +1 with two people and the other +1 got the ticket I didn't want. I ended up with a pit and the other seats were really baaad. Luckily they were monitoring TM and found a side stage row that hadn't sold on TM and relocated there.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: March 20, 2022 04:54

MisterDDDD
gotdablouse

Well "Lucky Dippers" will get a good deal in any case so I wouldn't call this a "bad thing". Getting a pit used to be excessively rare, as it should, but on latter tours it happened more often and this raised expectations I suppose.

"... as it should"

Why?
As a grateful recipient of many lucky dip pit tix, agree to disagree winking smiley

The dips when they started were much more designed to fill the gaps in the nosebleeds and other areas that needed it, while giving fans an opportunity to see them at a very reasonable price.

In the last few tours, perhaps because stadiums were filling up regardless, they shifted to providing mainly lower bowl and pit tickets. As much grief as the band gets about pricing (and everything else).. this has been a great thing for fans (mainly all hardcores) and I for one say.. thanks!! A lot of complaints about the band not catering to the hardcore base, these do just that.
Even long time fans are still unaware of these, much less casual fans.

Ran into this resentment a bit last tour.. fans that paid full price being resentful of fans getting into the pit for a fraction with LDs.
Everyone has the same choice.. and for a variety of reasons- wanting to be in the pit for certain, not wanting to risk nosebleeds etc, for some it's worth paying full price. I'm sure the VIP pit buyers don't resent reg pit buyers.. because they also had that choice. Same with LDs. I could care less what someone else standing next to me paid, similar to the person seated next to me on a flight.

I'm thrilled for the fans that score a pit from a LD.. and good on the band for doing it! smileys with beer

Well said!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 20, 2022 06:12

Sockers56
MisterDDDD
gotdablouse

Well "Lucky Dippers" will get a good deal in any case so I wouldn't call this a "bad thing". Getting a pit used to be excessively rare, as it should, but on latter tours it happened more often and this raised expectations I suppose.

"... as it should"

Why?
As a grateful recipient of many lucky dip pit tix, agree to disagree winking smiley

The dips when they started were much more designed to fill the gaps in the nosebleeds and other areas that needed it, while giving fans an opportunity to see them at a very reasonable price.

In the last few tours, perhaps because stadiums were filling up regardless, they shifted to providing mainly lower bowl and pit tickets. As much grief as the band gets about pricing (and everything else).. this has been a great thing for fans (mainly all hardcores) and I for one say.. thanks!! A lot of complaints about the band not catering to the hardcore base, these do just that.
Even long time fans are still unaware of these, much less casual fans.

Ran into this resentment a bit last tour.. fans that paid full price being resentful of fans getting into the pit for a fraction with LDs.
Everyone has the same choice.. and for a variety of reasons- wanting to be in the pit for certain, not wanting to risk nosebleeds etc, for some it's worth paying full price. I'm sure the VIP pit buyers don't resent reg pit buyers.. because they also had that choice. Same with LDs. I could care less what someone else standing next to me paid, similar to the person seated next to me on a flight.

I'm thrilled for the fans that score a pit from a LD.. and good on the band for doing it! smileys with beer

Well said!

Never gotten into the pit, but excellent seats both times. I haven't heard any other bands doing them...a great innovation and give back.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: March 20, 2022 12:17

Did LD three times. The best of them was GA (Düsseldorf 17). The rest were so-so (Manchester 18: middle position of the front stand) and utter nosebleed (Edinburgh 18: almost top of the side stand, restricted view, a pillar blocking my sight — I moved to an empty seat nearby).

The comments here often give me an impression that many people hit a great position with LD, Pit, Golden Circle etc. I wonder if it is a false impression brought about by human nature — i.e. those lucky people are more articulate and repeatedly tell their happy experiences, while the others who were not so lucky keep their mouth shut in shame (like me). A kind of ‘echo chamber’ — or not?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 20, 2022 12:35

RisingStone

Did LD three times. The best of them was GA (Düsseldorf 17).

Me too - got only GA for Prague 2018 since all the better seats were already gone at 4pm. Now, 2022, no luck with buying LD for Germany - either displayed as not available or couldn't put them into the cart.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 20, 2022 12:38

RisingStone
Did LD three times. The best of them was GA (Düsseldorf 17). The rest were so-so (Manchester 18: middle position of the front stand) and utter nosebleed (Edinburgh 18: almost top of the side stand, restricted view, a pillar blocking my sight — I moved to an empty seat nearby).

The comments here often give me an impression that many people hit a great position with LD, Pit, Golden Circle etc. I wonder if it is a false impression brought about by human nature — i.e. those lucky people are more articulate and repeatedly tell their happy experiences, while the others who were not so lucky keep their mouth shut in shame (like me). A kind of ‘echo chamber’ — or not?

I think the last part of this thread should be merged with the Lucky Dip Thread. I have a list here for what tickets I really got at the Lucky Dip counter! Of course there is always the option to trade tickets. Some older people do not want to stand and there is always the chance to talk to people already in the Lucky Dip Queue. For example in Detroit last year we traded our good seats with two ladies who simply didn't want to stand the whole show. We talked about this in advance and exchanged tickets after we got em. Then there's always people who got spare dips and so on...

Zurich Good Seats

Spielberg Seats
Zurich Golden Circle
Düsseldorf Pit

Dublin GA+Pit (2 pairs for three people)
London I GA
London II Golden Circle
Coventry Seats
Edinburgh Good Seats
Cardiff Pit
Twickenham Golden Circle
Berlin Pit
Stuttgart Pit
Warsaw GA

Denver Bad Seats
Seattle Pit
Santa Clara Pit

Atlanta Seats
Detroit Seats
Miami Awesome Seats

40% Seats
35% Pit
15% Golden Circle
10% GA

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 21, 2022 10:51

My 3 LD´s

Zürich 2017 - PIT
Stuttgart 2018 - Innenraum Seat
Prag 2018 - GA

Date: March 21, 2022 11:54

for Gelsenkirchen everybody will get pott tickets!

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: March 21, 2022 12:40

slewan

brillant! smileys with beer
an insider´s joke for 6 million people, love it!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 21, 2022 12:42

slewan

And a free schalke sticker.

Date: March 21, 2022 12:47

schwonek
slewan

yeah, to keep people from Dortmund away

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 21, 2022 12:52

slewan
schwonek
slewan

Bet some people who also are BVB fans really will have trouble to decide whether they'd rather go to Munich or Schalke to watch the guys play lol...but considering that in Munich they won't play at Allianz Arena...xD spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: March 21, 2022 13:02

ronniewoody91
slewan
schwonek
slewan

Bet some people who also are BVB fans really will have trouble to decide whether they'd rather go to Munich or Schalke to watch the guys play lol...but considering that in Munich they won't play at Allianz Arena...xD spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

well, winning away is always double pleasure

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home