Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Vienna Austria 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: July 10, 2022 10:34

If anyone is already in Vienna on Tuesday:

The concert film by Hal Ashby will be shown at the Filmmuseum

LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER (USA 1981)
July 12, 20:30

Filmmuseum infos

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 10, 2022 14:41

TIRED

Special on Austrian TV about the Stones concerts in Austria so far:

Panorama: "Die Rolling Stones und wir" (24 Min.)

Available for 7 days in the [TVthek.ORF.at] .

Date: July 10, 2022 21:34

Irix
TIRED

Man, what a terrible collection of amateurish video clips, polluted with medieval commentaries, adding up to one huge embarassment. Our beloved Stones dragged through the mud by clueless pseudo-celebrities who I hope are dying of shame today. In one clip the reporter even gave a fake opening song title.

I would fully understand if certain fans cancelled their trip to Austria after seeing this insulting collage of mediatic crap from the archives of Austrian TV.

Sincere apologies to whomever bothered to watch this excuse for a documentary based on my recommendation.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 10, 2022 22:03

TIRED
Irix
TIRED

Man, what a terrible collection of amateurish video clips, polluted with medieval commentaries, adding up to one huge embarassment. Our beloved Stones dragged through the mud by clueless pseudo-celebrities who I hope are dying of shame today. In one clip the reporter even gave a fake opening song title.

I would fully understand if certain fans cancelled their trip to Austria after seeing this insulting collage of mediatic crap from the archives of Austrian TV.

Sincere apologies to whomever bothered to watch this excuse for a documentary based on my recommendation.
Did I understand it right? "Mick Jagger, the beat Göbbels" about the show in 1967? What a rubbish!

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: July 10, 2022 22:54

I watched it and now I’m annoyed. It’s the usual shit comments from
the Austrian stars like Ambros and Wilfried, pretending they are the real thing and the Stones can’t play anymore, Keith is an old man barely able to stand (1982!) etc.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 11, 2022 11:22

Local travel info from Vienna:

The best way to get into the city is the City Airport Train (CAT). It leaves every 30 min. from the airport, the ride is only 16 min.

Infos and online ticket sales:
[www.cityairporttrain.com]

The arrival station is "Wien Mitte" (= Vienna center). From there you can take the subways U3 and U4 which will take you to other parts of town.

In order to switch to subways, trams or busses you will have to get a separate ticket, e.g. from one of the machines at "Wien Mitte". Within the city you can keep changing transport type (e.g. from subway to tram) with the same ticket, as long as you keep traveling in the same direction.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rambler62 ()
Date: July 11, 2022 11:33

That was a lot of shit!Rubbish! Wilfried is dead now! Ambros is caricature of himself! Poor comments!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-11 11:35 by Rambler62.

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: July 11, 2022 12:16

bv

The best way to get into the city is the City Airport Train (CAT). It leaves every 30 min. from the airport, the ride is only 16 min.

The arrival station is "Wien Mitte" (= Vienna center). From there you can take the subways U3 and U4 which will take you to other parts of town.

In order to switch to subways, trams or busses you will have to get a separate ticket, e.g. from one of the machines at "Wien Mitte". Within the city you can keep changing transport type (e.g. from subway to tram) with the same ticket, as long as you keep traveling in the same direction.

If you want to save money and pay only 1/3 of the fare of the cityairporttrain, take the "Schnellbahn" in the direction towards "Wien Floridsdorf". You find the red ticket vending machines as you walk down to the train. It also stops at Wien Mitte and takes only few minutes longer.
[www.schnellbahn-wien.at]

It´s Only Rock´n´Roll but Vienna likes it!

Date: July 11, 2022 17:10

MAF

Did I understand it right?

Yes, that's really what the reporter in 1967 said. Here's the link to the original TTML audio-description (subtitles) by ORF. It's in the line "begin=265.3s end=268.1s" and is written with "oe".

You can see it also at Pos. 4:25 in the ORF TVthek when you activate the subtitles (UT).

Posted by: lukuc ()
Date: July 11, 2022 17:26

Hello, any info about show times? doors open, Stones start etc.?

Date: July 11, 2022 17:30

lukuc

Hello, any info about show times? doors open, Stones start etc.?

See here: [www.BarracudaMusic.at] .

Date: July 11, 2022 17:45

Irix
TIRED

Here's the link to the entire Video (24mins:46sec) from the ORF-TVthek. It's a M3U8-Playlist which can be opened with the Safari-Browser or VLC-Player or downloaded with yt-dlp.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: July 12, 2022 12:11

Anyone has more details about location of LD desk and opening hours?

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: July 12, 2022 13:29

bv

Many thanks. This is helpful.

Date: July 12, 2022 13:44

The best way to get to the Vienna stadium is the subway line U2, the stop is called Stadion. The U2 (purple line) runs though the city center and has connections to all other subway lines except U6, see below.

Tickets can be bought via vending machines at the stations or tabac shops in town. The concert ticket cannot be used as transportation ticket (unlike previous years).

Expect crowds at the U2 station after the concert (should still be faster than driving in the predictable traffic chaos in the area). Being a Friday night, all subways will run through the night.

Downloadable plan of Vienna subways and local trains: wienerlinien.at

Date: July 12, 2022 14:29

Hello

Is Vienna a cashless city? Will I need currency or can I get by with a credit card?

Regards

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 12, 2022 15:42

Mind you, U2 (the purple line) is closed between the stops Karlsplatz and Schottenring (they are doinf construction work for the next line, U5)! Between these stops you have to use the street cars (there is a replacement line).

@thunderball,
you will get by better if you have an ATM card (Maestro). Also having a few Euros in your pocket might still be a good idea.

TIRED
The best way to get to the Vienna stadium is the subway line U2, the stop is called Stadion. The U2 (purple line) runs though the city center and has connections to all other subway lines except U6, see below.

Tickets can be bought via vending machines at the stations or tabac shops in town. The concert ticket cannot be used as transportation ticket (unlike previous years).

Expect crowds at the U2 station after the concert (should still be faster than driving in the predictable traffic chaos in the area). Being a Friday night, all subways will run through the night.

Posted by: Hutchence ()
Date: July 12, 2022 16:11

thunderball
Hello

Is Vienna a cashless city? Will I need currency or can I get by with a credit card?

Regards

It's always useful to have some cash with you. I don't know how long you'll stay in Vienna but I'd have 100 euros in cash on me. Ask them to give you 10 & 20 euro bank notes, it's easier with them when buying souvenirs etc. plus some places won't take cards if you buy items under XY euro amount.

Posted by: Hutchence ()
Date: July 12, 2022 16:17

TIRED

Vienna has probably the best public transport in Europe. The combination of U-bahn, S-bahn and tram is extremely meticulous and precise. Plus everything is very clean and well marked. No one should have any issues moving around city.

Posted by: Cheltie ()
Date: July 12, 2022 17:02

May I ask, if anybody has already received the information for the beggars banquet vip packAge? Oeticket just send me information for the wrong vip-package.

They send me information for “tattoo you” but I need the information for beggars banquet

Would be thankfull, if somebody could help!

Date: July 12, 2022 19:08

Hutchence
thunderball
Hello

Regards

It's always useful to have some cash with you. I don't know how long you'll stay in Vienna but I'd have 100 euros in cash on me. Ask them to give you 10 & 20 euro bank notes, it's easier with them when buying souvenirs etc. plus some places won't take cards if you buy items under XY euro amount.

Thanks Hutchence. I’m in Vienna for four days. Will take some cash!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 12, 2022 20:50

TIRED
Irix
TIRED

actually thank you

some of the clips are new to me or at least in much better quality

is it possible for someone to download and post it here?

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: July 12, 2022 21:24

Cheltie
May I ask, if anybody has already received the information for the beggars banquet vip packAge? Oeticket just send me information for the wrong vip-package.

They send me information for “tattoo you” but I need the information for beggars banquet

Would be thankfull, if somebody could help!
I too received the same email with wrong info about Beggars Banquet Package. I tried to ask Oeticket for info and I'm waiting for an answer

Date: July 12, 2022 21:40

ProfessorWolf
TIRED
Irix
TIRED

actually thank you

some of the clips are new to me or at least in much better quality

Date: July 12, 2022 21:42

PLEASE DON'T!!!

Date: July 12, 2022 23:40

ProfessorWolf

If you can play the clips then you can download them by yourself, e.g. with yt-dlp or JDownloader - [iorr.org] . You can also make your own (English) subtitles from the audio-description - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 12, 2022 23:57

Irix
ProfessorWolf

If you can play the clips then you can download them by yourself, e.g with yt-dlp or JDownloader - [iorr.org] . You can also make your own (English) subtitles from the audio-description - [iorr.org] .

thank you this i can do

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 13, 2022 03:27

TIRED
Irix
TIRED

This is not a documentary (and certainly wasn't intended to be one), it's just a collection of excerpts from reports of Stones visits from various decades, accompanied by at times rather satiricial comments by the present-day hosts (i.e., making a fun a bit of the earlier reports).
The clips and commentaries are just in the style of the respective times (what else would you expect?). Comments like those by the 1967 commentator reflect just the way such concerts (and music) were generally viewed and commented on in those days.Of course comparng Mick to Goebbels is pretty off and just shows you the "high-culture" establishment's hatred towards rock/pop music, long-haired males, hippies etc in general. Likewise, the mandatory quote from Goethe is just taking the same line. The clips from the 1982 concert coverage are excerpts from a much longer program. I remember the concert itself as rather mediocre, it was rather the J. Geils Band who made the day (I was there, I think I even saw my back-then car briefly in one of the parking lot shots) and it was not well-received by the press either (also my buddies were slightly underwhelmed). Said program was aired around Xmas the same year (if memory serves), but even back then the negative comments by Ambros and Wilfried rather came across as simply jealous. Sadly they didn't show the closing clip of the original program ... LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-13 03:29 by doitywoik.

Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: July 13, 2022 08:01

Any info about LD tickets? I still didn´t receive it from oeticket. No info from them.

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: July 13, 2022 12:30

Waiting for the plane in Lyon
Chaos here, many many flights cancelled, not mine smiling bouncing smiley
Hope to see U all there

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1975
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50