Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11
Re: Madrid Spain 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: May 27, 2022 09:03

spain73
From El Pais, Spanish newspaper: [elpais.com]

The plane of 'their majesties' the Rolling Stones lands in Madrid six days before their concert
The British band, who performs on June 1 at the Metropolitano stadium, arrived with his family to spend a few days in the capital

They took it as if there were thousands of people waiting for them, but only eleven photographers and the Civil Guard received them. They raised their arms, smiled, and went down the steps of their plane, decorated with the huge red tongue of their logo, as if we were living in the sixties in the midst of a fan phenomenon. The Rolling Stones are so classic that they cling to liturgies that are no longer practiced by the queen who honors them (at least Mick Jagger), Elizabeth II. The biggest rock and roll group summoned the photographers to T4 in Barajas (Madrid) to pose so that everyone knows that their MajestiesThey have set foot on Spanish soil. It was at 6:43 p.m. on Thursday. They did not allow editors: only photographers. First the security body came down, then the families and finally the three protagonists. Mick Jagger in the lead, of course; Ronnie Wood (who tripped and almost ended in tragedy) then and finally Keith Richards. It's not the first time they've done it. In several of their previous 23 concerts in Spain they gave us that very welcome image of Mister Marshall . Yes there was a difference. The most elegant figure was missing, that of the exquisite and discreet drummer Charlie Watts, who died in August 2021.

The British have landed in the capital six days before their concert, which will be held on Wednesday June 1 at the Metropolitan Stadium. Only two of the five from the beginning remain: Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, both born in Datford, United Kingdom, and 78 years old. And the guitarist who joined in 1975, Ronnie Wood, Hillingdon, UK, 74 years old. The Madrid recital is the first of a European tour entitled Sixty, since the band was formed just six decades ago, in 1962. No one is going to beat selling their legacy. The European tour consists of 14 dates between June and July.

The reason they have come to Spain in advance is because it is the start of the tour and they want to enjoy a few days of relaxation. Sometimes they even look human. They have arrived accompanied by their families. If you are in Madrid these days you may have the opportunity to come across one of them. From the promoter of their concerts they announce that "some have chosen the Prado and others the Thyssen". It is known that the most select taster of rock art was Watts. Wood has preferred when he has been in Spain to walk his skinny body and his smile through flamenco tablaos. And it is difficult to forget that photo of Mick Jagger, with a mustard-colored suit, visiting Felipe González in La Moncloa. That was the year 1990 and they spoke in French.

At the Metropolitan concert they will only dispense with a classic, Brown Sugar, which they have stopped playing due to political correctness, although Richards has been lazy on occasion when it comes to accepting exclusion. The song talks about slavery, violence, drugs... With the exception of this song, there will be those that everyone expects to hear: Street Fighting Man, Start Me Up, Sympathy for the Devil, Jumpin' Jack Flash, (I Can't Get no ) Satisfaction… Announce that a couple of pieces are reserved for music fans, always in search of songs rescued from the trunk of their extensive discography. And it remains to be seen if they perform his most commercial ballad, Angie,knowing that in Spain it enjoys great recognition. It will be two hours of concert.

Opening acts will be two Spanish bands, the indies Sidonie, great followers of the Stones, from the sixties and seventies; and blues-rock guitar titan Javier Vargas hitting it hard with his Blues Band. Vargas tells this newspaper how his presence at the recital has arisen: “Since 1995 I have played several times with Mick Jagger's brother, Chris. And three years ago Chris called me and told me that his son, John Byron, who sings and plays guitar, was in Ibiza. We got together, played and recorded an album, Move On. That record was heard by Mick Jagger and he commented to his nephew that it would be nice if one day we were his opening act. Playing with the Stones for someone who, like me, loves rock and roll is the best.

jajajajajja, Can you have more hate and be more uninformed about what you are writting?

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: May 27, 2022 12:34

I'm looking for someone who bought the Beggar's Banquet Package, with early entry, for Madrid. I would need some information.
Thank you

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 27, 2022 13:08

bauk77
the question for me is, what the doeing so early in madrid? any suprises expected?

Six days is nothing. Arriving. Resting. Getting used to the much warmer weather being +30 C and up. Dress rehearsals. The usual stuff they do before tour start. Then one or two days rest before tour start Wed June 1st.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: May 27, 2022 13:27

Info from:entradas.com

Beggar´s Banquet General Admission € 496.50

One Incredible P1 General Admission Floor Ticket in the Diamond Pit
• Package Includes Early Entry to the Pit. Exclusive STONES VIP Merchandise
• Special VIP Welcome Gift Upon Arrival
• Limited-Edition The Rolling Stones VIP Tour Gift
• Commemorative VIP Tour Laminate & Matching Lanyard

All the Best!

Stone601
I'm looking for someone who bought the Beggar's Banquet Package, with early entry, for Madrid. I would need some information.
Thank you

Date: May 27, 2022 14:05

Heart for Stones
Info from:entradas.com

Beggar´s Banquet General Admission € 496.50

One Incredible P1 General Admission Floor Ticket in the Diamond Pit
• Package Includes Early Entry to the Pit. Exclusive STONES VIP Merchandise
• Special VIP Welcome Gift Upon Arrival
• Limited-Edition The Rolling Stones VIP Tour Gift
• Commemorative VIP Tour Laminate & Matching Lanyard

All the Best!

Stone601
Thank you

Thanks, but I was looking for someone who has this package and who would explain to me, the day after the concert, how it works

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: May 27, 2022 14:53

OK. I've got that package and I'll try to tell you how it works in a day or two after the show.

From what I remember last time I had early entry (think it was Amsterdam 2017) we did line up where the sign said "early entry" or something like that. We got a wristband and was guided in. After the show we could pick up the so called VIP Merchandise (nothing really worth having) in a room outside the arena.
All the Best!

Stone601
Thank you
[/quote]

Thanks, but I was looking for someone who has this package and who would explain to me, the day after the concert, how it works[/quote]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 27, 2022 14:53

Are they going to mail the VIP pack contents separately or distribute them at the show? Both methods have been used through the years.

Date: May 27, 2022 14:56

Topi
Are they going to mail the VIP pack contents separately or distribute them at the show? Both methods have been used through the years.

Oh - found the answer to that question on Entradas.com:

[www.entradas.com]

El merchandise VIP será distribuido el día del show; salvo excepción

So basically they will hand out the VIP swag on the day, but there may be exceptions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-27 14:56 by Topi.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 27, 2022 15:05

Maybe he’s asking what happens the day after the concert because he has a travel package? There’s no indication of mailing the swag. We have to pick it up there. And yes it’s usually junk. Well in my opinion anyway.

Date: May 27, 2022 15:13

Can confirm it's not worth the price difference!

Date: May 27, 2022 15:49

I badly explained myself
I am looking for someone with that type of ticket and to tell me the next day how the entrance to the PIT took place

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: May 27, 2022 21:54

Pit tickets available right now!

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: May 28, 2022 09:11

On my tickets it says that doors open 18:30. Is it likely that they might open earlier than this?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 28, 2022 10:01

Stoneswolf
On my tickets it says that doors open 18:30. Is it likely that they might open earlier than this?

Never heard that the gates at a concert opened earlier. With a late start at 8.30 (two support acts) it sounds plausible to open the gates that late

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 28, 2022 10:46

hockenheim95
Stoneswolf

Never heard that the gates at a concert opened earlier. With a late start at 8.30 (two support acts) it sounds plausible to open the gates that late
Two support acts? Are they gonna play till midnight?

Date: May 28, 2022 11:03

Its madrid. Think they start at 10?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 28, 2022 11:20

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Its madrid. Think they start at 10?

Probably. The previous Madrid show started at 9.50 pm.
[iorr.org]

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 28, 2022 11:21

For sure they will play till after midnight if the first support act starts at 8.30! Even If the second support act starts at 8.30 it will be around midnight when the Stones finish their Set.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 29, 2022 04:23

Madrid - Champion's league winners tonight - methinks it'll be helluva party........-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-29 13:48 by EddieByword.

Date: May 29, 2022 09:04

Did everyone receive lucky dip info?

Posted by: rayrad ()
Date: May 29, 2022 09:18

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Did everyone receive lucky dip info?

i haven't heard anything since getting the initial pick-up code

should we be expecting extra info?

Date: May 29, 2022 10:14

But no info on when where how to pickup?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-29 10:20 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: May 29, 2022 12:36

It Will be the first time for my 11 year old daughter, and maybe my last choice to get Keith's pick. 32 years trying... Almost got one in 1992, at a Winos concert

Posted by: Martin90 ()
Date: May 29, 2022 12:53

hockenheim95
For sure they will play till after midnight if the first support act starts at 8.30! Even If the second support act starts at 8.30 it will be around midnight when the Stones finish their Set.

At midnight will be Charlie's birthday.
Maybe something special at the end of the show celebrating him?

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: May 29, 2022 12:58

capsula
It Will be the first time for my 11 year old daughter, and maybe my last choice to get Keith's pick. 32 years trying... Almost got one in 1992, at a Winos concert

Good luck! An jealous for her to be honest smiling smiley I was 15 when I fell in love with the band, but even at the age of 18 I wasn't allowed to travel for their show.

Have fun, both of you! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: May 29, 2022 13:29

Hola!
Any information about a pop-up store with Stones stuff?

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: May 29, 2022 14:40

Oriongalaxy
capsula

Good luck! An jealous for her to be honest smiling smiley I was 15 when I fell in love with the band, but even at the age of 18 I wasn't allowed to travel for their show.

Have fun, both of you! smiling bouncing smiley

Thank you, you too!. I'm also going with my brother, who introduced me to their music almost 35 years ago.

Date: May 29, 2022 17:11

Any information about what's alowed to bring in? Small cameras? No bags (only small ones)?

Date: May 29, 2022 17:56

EddieByword
Madrid - Champion's league winners tonight - methinks it'll be helluva party........-

With madrid being the winner i think Mick will do a funny joke in the show spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: May 29, 2022 22:18

Our beloved Iorr's friend Jordi Güell interviewed by LaSexta television and broadcasted minutes ago about the passion that one feels for the Stones, friends, experiences and the Stones way of life. Watch the video [www.dirtyrock.info]

Carlitos
Tenerife

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 20:46 by carlitosbaez.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home