Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith in Sheryl Crow documentary - Showtime, May 6
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 7, 2022 23:21

So I just watched it and found it really good overall. I've really liked her music and kept close tabs on her since I first heard "All I Wanna Do" and there's stuff I wasn't aware of, like the hard time she had for her fourth album, I can't remember anything filtering out at the time. They pretty much passed on all the 2004/2017 period apart from the Lance "fiasco" and starting a family. There was the "soul album" (with Doyle Bramhall Jnr...), then the "Country Album" (and a couple others before that), then the 2017 "comeback album". I suppose it's because they all flopped so there wasn't much to talk about. Also no talk of the fact that "Theads" was "promoted" as her "last album"...
I'm not sure when the Bonaroo "rebirth" happened but it seems to me they're milking it to show she's still got that "star attraction" but is that really the case after a decade + of "flops" ? She's not the first star to "fade" but back in the late 90s/Early 00s she could do no wrong, Bond song, Superbowl half-time, etc...

PS - Oh and no mention of "Old Habits Die Hard" that could have been a hit with Mick ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 8, 2022 00:18

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 8, 2022 18:59

Is her life that interesting to merit a whole documentary? Are the pre nose job pictures of her on the Michael Jackson tour still on lockdown?

To be honest I didn't like any of the MOR artists that hit in the mid 1990's - Counting Sheryl Crows, Spin Doctors, Gin Blossoms etc though I guess some might have aged better than others.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 9, 2022 04:31

Dan
Is her life that interesting to merit a whole documentary?

Her manager and Showtime thought so.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 12, 2022 19:43

Actually the 2000/2001 breakdown was mentioned in that great article that I'd already read and that I got back to just now when looking up her aborted first album ,a highly recommended read : [www.soundonsound.com] !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 17, 2022 17:27

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 19, 2022 13:15

I watched this last night and was very impressed with the entire presentation . Very well done ! Loved Keith's anecdote about her first time on stage with the Stones in 1994 PPV Miami joining in on Live With Me .

Date: May 19, 2022 20:07

Doxa
Haa, didn't catch that new "Live With Me" version with a cool Jagger harp yet. Can't check it now, but could it be the clip he shared some years ago with that MidnightRamblerian vibe? I hope not...

- Doxa
For me I can't help but miss the Late Great Bobby Keys bigger than life sax fill on LWM . It is ingrained in my soul . I should also add that it is because of Mr. Keys and Jimmy Miller that I began to appreciate horns and there contribution to the over all band sound across the board ! Not just the Stones , but all bands and artist . As a guitarist myself I am biased to stringed instruments .

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: May 20, 2022 20:54

I think if male artist had put out 'The Globe sessions' he would have received a lot more respect. It's a really strong album. there's a lot of sexism at work in music sadly.

Date: May 20, 2022 21:10

bakersfield
I think if male artist had put out 'The Globe sessions' he would have received a lot more respect. It's a really strong album. there's a lot of sexism at work in music sadly.
Yes, still to this very day .

Date: July 10, 2022 23:47

Sheryl Crow guests on the latest Rockonteurs podcast:

Date: July 11, 2022 00:31

Neither ABBA nor the Rolling Stones. confused smiley

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 11, 2022 03:42

Excellent songwriter, great voice.

Date: July 11, 2022 21:11

I like Sheryl Crow.
I know a couple of the guys in her band, who told me the film was edited in a weird way.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1083
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home