Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

red devils backed mick
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 18, 2005 17:23

such a great fine young blues band, the singer died,are they still alive? i love 40 days 40 nights with mick! Is there more stuff?!

Re: red devils backed mick
Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: November 18, 2005 17:46

Try to find 'king king' and records from lester buttler, the singer and harpplayer of the red devils. Buttler died and the red devils are no more, i'm afraid. They were good though...

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 18, 2005 17:55

I forgot about this band. They used to play in LA when I lived there ('89ish). Never got to see them though. Is the album worth checking out?

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 18, 2005 17:58

oh yeah you should buy it right now!I recorded a life tape myself it was wild, thanks ed

Date: November 18, 2005 19:06

Saw Lester Butler years ago perform in a small club with his (then) new band 13 (check out their cd). Brilliant, hard-rocking blues. Spoke to him actually. To bad he died of an OD a couple of months later.

There are various cd's available of the famous bluessesion with Mick Jagger and the Red Devils. The ones I've got are pretty good. I got my eyes on you and Blues with a feeling are great!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-18 19:59 by Crossfire Hurricane.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:16

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:53

When was the albulm with Mick/ red devils Recorded? I have cd with him and a band that is not the stones playing all blues in studio. It is awesome but the sound quality sucks. I was under the impression that my cd was recorded in the late 60s or 70s. The harp is awesome on it, I aussmed that it was Mick playing. There are no other vocalists on this album.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 18, 2005 22:42

Mick with the Red Devils was recorded

Los Angeles - Hollywood Sound Recorders Studio, May 1992.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: November 18, 2005 22:55

@#$%&, the album was recorded in 1992 in Los Angeles. The awesome harp isn't Mick but Lester Butler. It's not sure but rumours go the session with Mick and The Red Devils was recorded by Rick Rubin.

The first cd release was "The Nature Of My Game". Later releases sound a little bit better.

Check out "The Red Devils - King King" or Lester Butler's "13". Great blues albums.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 20, 2005 19:08

thanks for the recommendation people- always willing to broaden my horizons- i've ordered the cd.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: November 20, 2005 19:56

I'm going to torrent the Mickboy remaster of the blues sessions, Mean Ol' World, on the Rocks Off tracker later today...after my seed of the Stones Meadowlands, New Jersey November 5, 1981 Soundboard is uploaded...Mickboy did a wonderful job of remastering this!smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1409
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home