Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: OT: Pearl Jam stuff
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 15, 2024 23:00

yorkshirestone
Also ticket price moan - 160 quid including fees for a ticket in Manchester. That’s EVERY SEAT at that price. I could stomach that price for standing or a decent seat but will be very displeased if the 10c lottery puts me anywhere else at that price
Thats always been the case with Pearl Jam. Every seat is the same price regardless of where you sit. Some find it unfair, though it was a steal when prices were lower (under $100 even after the fees). Felt like thats a fair trade off that everywhere is the same but at least the whole place isn't overpriced. Seems like they still do it, just prices have risen. Kinda sucks if you're in the back, but also its a great deal for great seats, so I've always been ok with that being part of the price you pay for it. Especially with how much tickets are these days. They could charge $60-$300 as a range, but then largely most tickets will be more expensive than what the one price for all ends up being I feel.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: February 15, 2024 23:36

RollingFreak
yorkshirestone
Also ticket price moan - 160 quid including fees for a ticket in Manchester. That’s EVERY SEAT at that price. I could stomach that price for standing or a decent seat but will be very displeased if the 10c lottery puts me anywhere else at that price
Thats always been the case with Pearl Jam. Every seat is the same price regardless of where you sit. Some find it unfair, though it was a steal when prices were lower (under $100 even after the fees). Felt like thats a fair trade off that everywhere is the same but at least the whole place isn't overpriced. Seems like they still do it, just prices have risen. Kinda sucks if you're in the back, but also its a great deal for great seats, so I've always been ok with that being part of the price you pay for it. Especially with how much tickets are these days. They could charge $60-$300 as a range, but then largely most tickets will be more expensive than what the one price for all ends up being I feel.

Thanks - interesting. Maybe just Europe experiencing US style pricing policies. I’m paying less for Springsteen (gold circle standing) green day and foo fighters (around half the price, standing). Looking back at last PJ gigs in uk (non festival) was definitely tiered pricing at 02, Manchester arena, Leeds arena etc. different times now I guess

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-15 23:37 by yorkshirestone.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 16, 2024 01:00

Dark Matter, RSD 20-Apr-2024:

[RecordStoreDay.com] , Large picture - (webp-format)

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: February 16, 2024 05:27

Hey Nashville, I will definitely be at the 2 Boston shows, and I will try to make 1 Philly show? Which shows are you aiming for?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 16, 2024 15:23

Mr. Jimi
Hey Nashville, I will definitely be at the 2 Boston shows, and I will try to make 1 Philly show? Which shows are you aiming for?

I’m going to the Indiana one that was rescheduled. Noblesville, IN. It’s only a 4.5 hour drive. Thought about Chicago…

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 16, 2024 10:50

So it seems Andrew Watt has AGAIN recorded his favorite band for which he attended more concerts than anyone should know (actually he says it's 40 for PJ), "They’re the greatest live band in the world", etc...

[www.rollingstone.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-16 11:03 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 16, 2024 12:50

gotdablouse
So it seems Andrew Watt has AGAIN recorded his favorite band for which he attended more concerts than anyone should know (actually he says it's 40 for PJ), "They’re the greatest live band in the world", etc...

He has probably attended the "Rick Rubin school of rock PR". Quote :

- I've been a fan of this band all my life!
- working with these guys is the culmination of my life as a producer!!
- this is easliy the best album I've ever worked on. I'm sooo proud of it!!!

Once the check is in the mail and the band is touring, rinse, repeat etc with another act.

Date: April 16, 2024 17:11

dcba
gotdablouse

Once the check is in the mail and the band is touring, rinse, repeat etc with another act.

Agreed, but PJ is the best current live band, to me. Not like he's pumping up some b.s. band.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 19, 2024 15:39

At first couple of listens the new album is good.

If you listen to Hackney and Dark Matter one after the other, I think that it is quite easy to identify how much Andrew Watt's influenced both sessions.

C

Date: April 19, 2024 16:40

liddas
At first couple of listens the new album is good.

If you listen to Hackney and Dark Matter one after the other, I think that it is quite easy to identify how much Andrew Watt's influenced both sessions.

C

Three songs in and I have to agree. Is he a one-trick pony? I love his sound, but it is recognizable (which can be a good thing; he has a signature sound), and I could tire of it if he ends up producing too many albums the same way. That said, I've only heard HD and parts of Dark Matter to base this on.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: April 22, 2024 20:57

So the band was on the Howard Stern Show this morning. Mike and Eddie told a funny story about opening for Keith on NYE 1993, then Howard asked Mike about open-G and taking the low-E string off, etc. McCready explained that Keith learned his tunings from Gram Parsons. He sounded like a huge and deeply-rooted fan. Not sure how he got that history so wrong.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: April 23, 2024 18:40

… also, McCready mentioned that the new song “Wreckage” is in open G. I listened to it this morning, and I was like, “Hey, there’s Keith’s Tell Me Straight chord.” And then, “Actually the whole thing sounds like it could’ve been on Hackney Diamonds.” Stupid me — Andrew Watt produced it, of course!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 24, 2024 05:57

MelBelli
So the band was on the Howard Stern Show this morning. Mike and Eddie told a funny story about opening for Keith on NYE 1993, then Howard asked Mike about open-G and taking the low-E string off, etc. McCready explained that Keith learned his tunings from Gram Parsons. He sounded like a huge and deeply-rooted fan. Not sure how he got that history so wrong.

Did they play any songs?

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: April 24, 2024 16:46

A good album ruined by Watt production.

Date: April 24, 2024 16:54

HardRiffin

I like it way more than the previous 3. Thanks to Watt?

C

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: April 24, 2024 17:20

liddas
HardRiffin

C

Very good work from Watt, a good album far better than the previous 3

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: April 24, 2024 17:22

goingmad
liddas
HardRiffin

C

Very good work from Watt, a good album far better than the previous 3

This. Best album in some time from PJ, good blend of melodic and louder songs.
I have one moan, 35-40 gbp for single disc vinyl in uk is outrageous. HD was like 30 quid

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 25, 2024 01:05

NashvilleBlues
dcba
gotdablouse

Agreed, but PJ is the best current live band, to me. Not like he's pumping up some b.s. band.

Never saw any value in Pearl Jam, live or on record. Just another awful 90s band. Garbage.

Date: April 25, 2024 03:57

Woz
NashvilleBlues
dcba
gotdablouse

Never saw any value in Pearl Jam, live or on record. Just another awful 90s band. Garbage.

Have you seen them live? Also, out of curiosity, what is your age and who are some of your favorite bands?

OT: Pearl Jam stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 25, 2024 20:11

The Howard Stern Show, April 22

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 25, 2024 21:35

bye bye johnny
The Howard Stern Show, April 22
Nice!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 25, 2024 22:47

NashvilleBlues
Woz
NashvilleBlues
dcba
gotdablouse

Have you seen them live? Also, out of curiosity, what is your age and who are some of your favorite bands?

I'm 60. Favorite Bands? Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers, The Stones (of course), Who, Led Zeppelin. Yes, I've seen them live and it was a while lot of noise and meh. I don't get what people hear in them at all.

Date: April 26, 2024 01:23

^ I’m 45. Pearl Jam (and other “grunge” bands) started when I was in middle school, so there’s that aspect. In 5th grade, I listened to GNR, Metallica, etc., and when Nirvana exploded, it was at the right time in my life, and the bands like Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison, etc. looked ridiculously shallow in comparison. Pearl Jam speaks to me on a primal level. I’m a huge rock fan and very few bands connect with me at that level to that degree. And, I love all those bands you listed. Sucks Dickey Betts recently died. He and Duane were unparalleled as a duo.

Date: April 26, 2024 15:43

Love PJ's first 4 records. The following individually are all great records, but some how they are also very similar, so i lost interest along the years. It doesn't help that I am not a great fan of Cameron - a huge drummer and a great artist, but too "heavy" for my taste - and Vedder's electric-guitar work.

Live, I've seen them in small clubs in the early years and later in large arenas. What makes their shows special is the involvement of a devoted audience. But I understand that one has to love the music to enjoy the show.

What cannot be discussed is the fact that PJ is formed by truly great musicians, and that what they do on stage puts them in the same league - as performers - as the very best live bands in rock history.

C

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-26 15:45 by liddas.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home